Betting Talk

Pulling For The Red Wings....Don't Tell Anyone

WynnBigWynnBig Senior Member
edited May 2011 in Sports Betting
Originally from Chicago and a huge Blackhawks fan, pulling for Detroit tonight is going to be tough. I took Detroit to win the series looking forward to the Sharks' playoff collapse....and it is happening again. How San Jose wins tonight in Detroit is beyond me. Both teams are beat up and the Sharks have put themselves in a bad spot. Mike Modano....really? Anyone else thinks he scores tonight? Confidence, survival and a madhouse in Hockeytown is just what the Dead Wings need.

Usually a small hedge play would be on the Sharks tonight but I think this one goes back to California so I will cheer on Detoilet for financial purposes only.

--Wynn

NHL (0-1 -1.45u)
MLB (4-6-1 -2.7u)
NBA (4-3 +0.7u)
CFB (17-15-2 -0.1u)
NFL (38-22 +16.36u)
CBB (23-12-1 +9.7u)
TTL (86-59-4 +22.51u)

Comments

• tiptontipton Senior Member
    edited May 2011
    i hope detroit wins. that being said the notion that detroit is "hockeytown" or a "madhouse" which is the general perception is ridiculous. its so easy to get tickets in detroit and they rarely sell out games. playoff tickets are easy to get days before the game.

the fans are very knowledgeable and friendly though and are nice to opposing fans for the most part which is rare.

Franzen being out is a big loss, but probably not as big as San Jose's injuries i too think detroit wins.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2011
    tipton wrote: »
    i hope detroit wins. that being said the notion that detroit is "hockeytown" or a "madhouse" which is the general perception is ridiculous. its so easy to get tickets in detroit and they rarely sell out games. playoff tickets are easy to get days before the game.

the fans are very knowledgeable and friendly though and are nice to opposing fans for the most part which is rare.

Franzen being out is a big loss, but probably not as big as San Jose's injuries i too think detroit wins.

They sold out every game for the first 6 years of this decade. It was almost impossible to get tickets unless it was early in the season on a weekday when the season tickets holders didn't go. The economy in Michigan changed that and made it easier to get tickets since but they still average about 98% capacity in one of the bigger arenas in the league.