Betting Talk

Smoltz & Glavine Matchup MLB Sunday

edwardnedwardn Senior Member
edited September 2007 in Sports Betting
This should be a good game to bet over, the Total has been set @ 8.5 , I'm not sure what happen last time when these two matched up.

I'm thinking over for some reason.

Does anyone have any input?

Comments

• franky87franky87 Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    atlanta's offense has been quiet .......there due for a big day and after to 2 sraight losses at home.......i can see them coming out strong................same goes for the mets
  • amourraamourra Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    found this for you guys...GL

Smoltz has pitched at least six innings in 10 straight starts, allowing three earned runs or fewer in nine of those contests. However, the Braves are just 4-6 during this stretch (2-2 at home), including a 4-3 loss at Florida on Wednesday when the veteran righthander allowed three runs on six hits in six innings, failing to get a decision.

Smoltz is 6-4 in 12 home starts despite a fantastic 2.60 ERA. Against the Mets in his career, he’s 17-13 with a 3.42 ERA, including 2-0 with a 3.60 ERA in four starts this year. Going back to last year, Atlanta is 4-1 when Smoltz faces the Mets (3-0 at home).

The over is on runs of 17-8 at Turner Field and 10-5-2 when the Mets hit the highway. However, the under is 6-2 in the last eight head-to-head battles between these squads and 7-1-1 in New York’s last nine overall. Also, the under is 7-3 in Glavine’s last 10 starts against the Braves.
  • edwardnedwardn Senior Member
    edited September 2007
    Thanks for the Information