Betting Talk

MLB Road System...

LetItRideLetItRide Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
ROAD SYSTEM - (34.75) units<br><br>San Diego (-193) - 5<br>Boston (-192) - 4<br>Atl/Philly UNDER 9' (+101) - 4<br>TB/Minny UNDER 9' (-117) - 2<br>Minnesota (-178) - 1

Comments

• BigJoeBigJoe Banned
    edited July 2005
    good luck on saturday<br>i thought you were up about 11 units the other day
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    he was up around 10-11 units the first day he posted, but he is on the 5th <br>game in one and 2 on the 4th game. Takes up a lot of units when you are <br>laying the -190 on the 5th game.
  • sactojlmsactojlm Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I know that you have cautioned that the MLB system is not for "pansy-ass <br>tightwads", but what is the amount of "unit bankroll", as opposed to <br>"money bankroll", you recommend for your MLB system? I know that you have <br>previously suggested using a bankroll of double the amount of the absolute <br>maximum you could afford to lose on one game. In playing your system on <br>paper, and for ease of scoring, I used a 1 unit of $10 to win on each <br>series, a $1000 maximum to be bet on any one game (hopefully, not before <br>the 6th in the series), and thus a mythical $2000 bankroll.<br>In playing your system this way, I played the LAD as the road team <br>starting on 6/14 and bet these amounts to win 1 unit amount of $10: <br>$11.20, $32.86, $71.90, $68.14, $101.09 and $190.45. On the sixth loss, I <br>had wagered a total of $475.64 or 47.56 units. (I know that you <br>personally switched to the White Sox in this series, playing against the <br>Dodgers. I'm just going by the original system teams to play on or <br>against listed by you back in April or whatever teams you currently <br>specify daily--like the switch to the Angels.)<br>On June 20, I started playing against Boston on the road and wagered these <br>amounts to win $10: -$10.40, $21.42, $43.91, $90.87, $145.95, $361.26. <br>On the sixth loss, I had wagered a total on the series of $673.81 or <br>-67.38 units. (Again, someone on this board has stated that you play FOR, <br>rather than AGAINST, Boston on the road. This may be true, but again, I'm <br>just using the teams you listed to play on or against back in April to try <br>the system to assess risk and bankroll requirements.)<br>Currently, San Francisco is on the 5th game on the road. The amounts <br>wagered to win $10 during the Arizona series was $8.62, $37.43 and <br>$82.95. The amounts bet in the San Diego series rose dramatically to <br>$355.84 (-256) yesterday and today is $984.73 (-199 currently at <br>Pinnacle), which means that today I will have wagered a total of $1,469.57 <br>to win $10 on this series. Another loss will undoubtedly bust the $2,000 <br>bankroll as tomorrow's numbers will probably require a wager of over <br>$3,000. <br>Obviously, the accumulation of multiple 1 unit wins for all the winning <br>series will help pad a bankroll for a losing series, especially the later <br>they come during the season. But my paper following above shows that <br>three busted series could potentially destroy a bankroll based on a <br>conservative $10 unit win wager. Fortunately, on paper, I just throw a <br>couple thousand more monopoly dollars in the kitty and play on. But for <br>those playing for real, and risking to win far more than $10, what "unit <br>bankroll" do you recommend to get through the whole season?
  • corvettecorvette Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    you need to do something to kill your time. Do you have a job? Are you a <br>self made millionaire and don't have to work?? I would like to know what <br>you do for a living that gives you this much spare time. I would like to <br>change careers to whatever it is you do. I would love to have the free <br>time you do.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    hes probably a gambler just like me that wants to know everything before <br>he just starts following someone blindly.<br><br>He probably is asking questions not to pick on LIR, but rather to find out <br>how things work. <br><br><br>It seems stupid to bet $2000 to win $10, but thats the system, thats how <br>it works. You rarely have to lay something crazy like that, but in the <br>long run with the law of large numbers it all works out.
    edited July 2005
    First, yes, I am a self made, self-employed, millionaire. I am also very <br>good at what I do.<br>Second, I work between 40-60 hours per week and spend most free time with <br>my family. I put God (and my church), country and family ahead of all <br>else.<br>Third, I would wager (and hard) that you have far more free time than me <br>but that you make far worse use of that time.
    edited July 2005
    You're partially right, Produce. But I don't consider myself a gambler, <br>but rather, an investor---and I consider sports gambling just in that <br>light. I suspect that most members of this board are recreational <br>gamblers. I am not. By way of example, I made what you could call two <br>bets (investments) this week, but not in the area of sporting events. <br>Yesterday, I made a $20,000 investment (call it a bet) against the current <br>price of General Motors remaining the same by purchasing several put <br>options. In other words, I'm investing in my belief, backed by research, <br>that General Motors will drop in price between now and the time my options <br>expire. If I'm wrong, I could lose most or all of that $20,000 <br>investment. There is my research to back this up but for purposes here, <br>let's just say that a 41% increase in the sales of GM cars last month <br>(announced yesterday) helped in my decision to bet AGAINST GM.<br>Another investment example, sports related. Earlier this week, I made a <br>$3400 investment on a piece of cardboard with Mickey Mantle's picture on <br>the front and some stats on the back. Why? Because my in depth research <br>showed that piece of cardboard has a true market value of $10,000.<br>But you're right. I've got no criticism whatsover with LIR but, if in <br>giving examples of what can happen using this system and dissuade those <br>who might risk rent money betting a system that they are unable to <br>capitalize, I don't think LIR will have any problem with it.<br>I don't make that many wagers on sporting events but I've always been <br>intrigued by the thought of being profitable hitting 52% correctly with <br>any event with 11/10 odds. Any system (or handicapper) that can beat <br>those odds will grab my attention. LIR has obviously put a lot of time <br>and research into this system and has already stated that MLB is more <br>volatile a risk than NBA (he compared it to index funds vs. high tech <br>IPO). And I assume he has a much better grasp on relative risk that <br>someone who just started following that system a few weeks ago.