Betting Talk

One MLB that I REALLY like...

BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
CWS -128 The best team in baseball with their Ace coming off 6 days <br>rest..Oakland is on a streak and I have bet and won with them twice, but <br>going the other way today. <br><br>CWS -128 1 unit<br><br>MLB (3-0) plus 2.5 units

Comments

• dubpoetdubpoet Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Garland is 3rd best but I am on them too. Garland is pretty good this <br>year.
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    u are correct..12-3 is not too bad either! Just getting the old feet wet <br>with this baseball stuff but I see what you said a long time ago about <br>pitching matchups and situations. Garland is coming off 6 days rest. <br>Oakland has been streaking but benefited from some good situations. Gl to <br>us.
  • ChiTownShepChiTownShep Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Fits--beware of CWS dismal record in OAK...
  • ChiTownShepChiTownShep Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    3-19 since 2001
  • SweetnessSweetness Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Is their#2 guy for sure. Really like their chances tonight w/ him on the <br>hill as he's coming off probably his best game of the year but just <br>happened to run into M.Prior. Garland took care of business out in <br>Oakland 2 months back and threw a 4 hit shutout.<br>I used them as my one a day pick and feel pretty good about it.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Chi is correct that oakland is 3-1 at home against the whitesox this year.<br><br>Sarloos also held the SOX to 1 run earlier this year.<br><br>But on the same note, Garland got the only win there this year where is <br>shut down the As, 6-0<br><br><br>Whitesox are a much better team, with a much better pitcher throwing. They <br>should win, but this is gambling and should = shit.<br><br>under 8.5 might be a better play. They have scored 8,3,16,6 in the 4 <br>meeting this year in Oakland.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    While I agree with this years stats, I think the Whitesox record in <br>oakland going back 20 games in garbage. They were facing Zito, Mulder, <br>Hudson, etc.<br><br><br>This years whitesox teams is MUCH MUCH better than the last 20 times they <br>played in oakland, and this years Oakland teams is MUCH MUCH worse than <br>the last 20 meeting vs Chicago.<br><br><br>I completely disagree with using stats that have nothing to do with todays <br>2 teams
    edited July 2005
    I am staying with my play. Either way I will learn a lesson. Thx again.
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Not a good Pick! I was right yesterday with Oak. and said they would beat <br>the White Sox and Contreras and they did. Now I'm either on Oak. or off <br>the game as betting against a hot team is not how you win. Chicago has <br>scored 2 or less runs in 4 of their past 6 games and Oakland is catching <br>them down while the Athletics score 5 or 6 every day. I'm taking a pass <br>on this one and tomorrow probably. Oakland will lose one of these two <br>games but which one? If I had to pick I'd say Oakland today and chicago <br>tomorrow with Buehrle. I just don't bet against hot teams like <br>Houston,Atlanta,Washington in the NL and Oakl.and the Angels in the AL. <br>Wait till they cool off a little.
    edited July 2005
    I had Oak yest too. In my writeup you see I mention the streak. Gonna <br>stay with the sox. Great day yesterday.