Betting Talk

Ck out some of my new local guys lines for

GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
today. I thought I would need a new local because I didn't know if my <br>other was going to keep letting me bet after all of the computer issues I <br>had. And the new guy lets me go up to a dime versus a nickle from the old <br>guy. I use both but look at this shit. Old guy I use lines from Jim <br>Feist.com New guy I call him to get the lines:<br><br>STL -270 versus -235<br>NYY -200 versus -175<br>LAA -280 versus -240<br>Phil RL +130 instead of +145<br><br>All other favs are anywhere from 5 cents to 20 cents higher than Fiest. <br>What a peice of shit he is, huh? Oh well, paid him from last week $2800, <br>but up on him $4000 this week. I'll show him who's boss.

Comments

• ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    so bet dogs at the new guy and favs at the old guy......
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    If you are playing for those amounts, why not use offshores? At least you <br>know you will get paid and the lines are fair at Pinnacle. It's costing <br>you cash to use these locals who jerk the lines and then claim that you <br>wager after the game starts?
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    with a local nothing is reported or shown to the IRS. Of course it might <br>cost you more in the long run with bad odds, but if you bet enough you <br>might not want it shown
  • dubpoetdubpoet Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Load up off shore at pinny and for example<br>3,000 Philly -1.5 +145 at pinny<br>3,000 Bookie Alt +1.5 -140<br><br>Money money
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited July 2005
    Really love my local. And he LOVES ME MORE.lol<br><br>Hard to beat all the bonuses and rebates on line.
    edited July 2005
    at least they aren't supposed to. They have no arrangement with the US <br>Gov't. and that is why the Gov't. is putting pressure to have credit cards <br>and bank wire info made available to them under the famous "Patriot Act" <br>banner, since all offshore bettors are terrorists.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    any money that is offshore is probably either going through credit card or <br>straight to your bank. All of which is tracked. Anything over 10k has to <br>be reported by the bank. <br><br>When by bookie gave me over 20 two weeks ago Im pretty sure my bank didnt <br>call the government. Hell, he met me on the side of the road of I-4. Last <br>week I gave him over 12. I met a guy in the chili's parking lot off <br>I-drive. <br><br>Noone ever knew the difference
    edited July 2005
    I understand how banks work with 10K moves, my point was that there are <br>several ways to move money through offshores that are n ot reported. <br>additionally, if you knew 10K would be shown at your bank, then move less. <br>Or move it between books. I don't think the money that Goose is getting <br>screwed out of is worth dealing with a local, between not getting paid a <br>few weeks ago and then getting shit lines on top of that. Brians also <br>makes a good point, your local isn't giving you any bonuses or promotions <br>when you play with him. In fact, he is probably jerking you off to keep <br>himself ahead of you and your bets.<br>I have used locals and sometimes they have a line more favorable. <br>generally they are doing what benefits them, not you... and I have been <br>stiffed for several K when they couldn't/wouldn't pay or got busted.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    If there is a chance you wont get paid, I agree completely. But with <br>online books and bonuses, for smaller players it might matter. But for <br>bigger players they only do match bonus of a few hundred mainly. Bodog <br>will match anything at 20% I think, but bodog sucks for online as well. <br>Most of the bigger places like Pinn or 5dimes wont give great bonuses <br>because they know they are the best book and they dont have to do stuff <br>like that to get you. If its a shitty book, they have to make offers to <br>get you to move to them. So be aware of any online books with nice bonus <br>offers.