Betting Talk

Ill rant again....

ProduceProduce Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Why do people not understand what a "unit" is. If you normally bet 5 units <br>or 10 units, then you need to move your units up. Most of the people that <br>play 5 units all the time rarely if ever play 1 unit. That means your <br>"unit" is completely wrong.<br><br><br>Also, there are a bunch of people on the board that play each play as 1 <br>unit posted. Some of these guys are up 20-40 units. If they said each was <br>a 5 unit play, they would be up 100-200 units. <br><br>So, lets not forget that some people dont understand the term "unit" and <br>sometimes them being up a decent amount might not be accurate. <br><br>And yes this is in reference to all the "10 UNIT PLAY" or "20 UNIT LOCK" <br>post.

Comments

• coachesplayscoachesplays Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    me asking?
  • BigJoeBigJoe Banned
    edited July 2005
    here it is real simple.<br>have the white soxs -115 for 1 unit<br>lose 115.00<br>win 100.00<br>have the a's +105 for 1 unit<br>win 105.00<br>lose 100.00<br>everything based on 100.00 a unit....
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited July 2005
    Units that people bet mean 0 to me and you go by the wins. I donty care if <br>a team is -230 i go by winners. Simple this will create arguing but like U <br>said your 1 unit play is 1000.00 mine is ANYTHING I WANT IT TO BE. <br>anywhere from 100.00 to 20.000.00 So there is a difference .
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    I dont think anyone understands at all.<br><br><br>Ok lets say you normally bet $500. You ARE NOT betting 5 units!!!! 1 unit <br>doesnt equal $100 for everyone. If you normally bet $500 a game, then your <br>Unit=$500, not $100. <br><br>Some people that bet $500 a game say they are betting 5 units, but that is <br>a lie. They are betting 1 unit, because there normal bet is $500.<br><br><br>Is this more clear?
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    A play posted at an amount over 5 units is hype. You see it wirh <br>Scamdicappers all the time... 50* LOCK, Million Star plays... <br>That being said, in my football posts here at BT I have used 7 units for <br>the FOUR Games of the Year I use in NFL and NCAA COMBINED and a 10 Unit <br>NFL wager was played in the Playoffs last year. The point is that even at <br>$100 a unit, that was the amount played and it was commensurate with all <br>the other plays I gave out all season long. It was NOT 30X an average play.<br>Anyway, I personally take anything I see at 10, 15 or more units with a <br>grain of salt.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    if you post less than 5 games a year at 10 units then I understand. But <br>during the year if you see very many games that you think the play is 10 <br>times as strong as other plays you made there are a few things going on:<br><br>Either 1 your 1 unit plays should have never been bet because you didnt <br>have any confidence<br><br>2, you like this play a hell of a lot more than you should<br><br>or 3, this is the GOY for you and you think the book is completely wrong <br>and a VERY RARE occasion
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    "like U said your 1 unit play is 1000.00"<br><br><br>I dont think i said this, and if I did its not correct
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    I understood your completely, I think some before you didnt understand <br>what I was saying