Betting Talk

Sun Bases

mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Managed to not lose yesterday but going 1-1-1 is not a win either! Lost <br>with Clev. and won with the Angels and the 1.5 run line and pushed the 8 <br>run Under in the Oak/White Sox game. That puts me at 12-3-1 for the week <br>and 32-14-2 for the last 19 days and 99-54-4 YTD.<br>My top pick today is Roger Clemens and the Astros at Cincy and Claussen - <br>with the Astro's finally providing run support Roger has not given up over <br>1 Earned Run in his past 4 games. His year has been spectacular if you <br>look beyond his Win Loss record as he has only given up over 5 hits in two <br>of his 16 games pitched. 4 or 5 hits is a typical CLemens game. <br><br>Next I have to stay with the Angels who have won 10 of their past 12 and <br>have scored 5 or 6 runs in 8 of those 12 games. Only been under 5 runs <br>once in those 12. Washburn is 5-2 LT against KC with an ERA of 2.56. <br>Zach Greinke is 1-9 this year with a 5.92 ERA. As big a go against <br>pitcher as there is. The other number I saw on the Sports Report write up <br>I always read is that the Angers are 49-31 and 3 in wins in the majors <br>while KC is 26-53 and worst record in the majors. KC is also 1-10 over <br>their last 11 games. This one is a no-brainer. <br>Staying away from the Oak-ChicWS game as Buehrle's record against the <br>Athletics is not good (2-6 LT) and Zito has been getting better lately as <br>he's given up only 1 or 2 ER's in 6 of his last 8 games. Also, I'm <br>betting on it but Oakland should bounce back from yesterday loss and win <br>this game no matter who's pitching. They are the hot team right now and <br>they are at home on Sunday. I'm very careful about Sunday games going <br>against the Home Team as Sunday see lots of upsets and Home Dogs wins. Be <br>careful today as we have 8 Away favorites going today in the 15 games. <br>That sets the day up as Upset Sunday in my book. My hunch's are Tor. over <br>Boston, Atl over Philly, Det. over the Yanks,Oak. over ChicWS,Clev. over <br>Balt. The best shots for away favorites winning are Houston, Angels, <br>Giants and Texas. As home favorites I like the Cubs, Twins,StLouisand the <br>Dodgers. <br>Only betting on Clemens and Washburn thou. Good Luck to all!

Comments

• mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I looked at the Under but just don't like doing the Under with two good <br>hot hitting teams. Yesterday they scored 8 easily and can do the same <br>today - one or two at a time and the next thing you know you've got an <br>Over!