Betting Talk

MLB Road System...

LetItRideLetItRide Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
ROAD SYSTEM - +59.7 units<br><br>Colorado (-103) - 2<br>Cincy/SF OVER 9 (-115) - 2<br>Minny/KC UNDER 10 (-118) - 2<br><br>I'm throwing out the Cubbies road trip. I've already won close to 4 units <br>on it anyway. I'm just afraid that they'll complete one game and have the <br>other one rained out. Then, I'll be staring at a 4-game road trip, which <br>isn't good.

Comments

• DRockDRock Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I know you get asked this a bunch of times, but I am still confused. If <br>you bet on a favorite at -200 for the 1st game and lose, are you betting <br>to win .50 units (what you would have won if you won game 1) plus the 2 <br>units you lost?? I understand you are betting to lose 1 unit on game 1 <br>regardless of how much you would win. Thanks and good luck.
  • LetItRideLetItRide Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I'll use (-200) as the juice each time and make the unit $100, just for <br>simplicity's sake. Let's say the Rockies are visiting Houston, to make it <br>as realistic as possible.<br><br>In game 1, you always just risk one unit, no matter what. Even if you are <br>betting on a (-350) fave, you still just risk $100.<br><br>Now, say the Rocks win game 1. We are down $100. Normally, you would bet <br>$200 on game 2. But at (-200), that only wins us what we have lost so far <br>on the trip ($100). <br><br>Here is where it is typically the user's choice to decide what they want <br>to do. I have said that a good benchmark to go by is to try to win what <br>you would have won if the next game were a game 1. In other words, we <br>would have won $50 on a (-200) fave, so let's try to win $150 in game 2. <br>That means you'll have to risk $300 instead of $200, though. If you want <br>to try and save juice and go more conservative, just try to win $20 or so. <br>That's not my style.<br><br>Ok, now let's say the Rocks win game 2 also. Now we are out $400. Using my <br>previous example, that means we need to try and win $450 in game 3. That's <br>a $900 risk on a (-200) fave, and we are only in the 3rd game. It can add <br>up very quickly if you have a couple of huge fave losses. This definitely <br>isn't for the timid or weak.<br><br>Matter of fact, I think I had about $6500 risked on San Diego the other <br>day when they won game 5 of a series as a (-200)+ fave. Those games are <br>never fun, but they are a necessity if you want to win with this system.<br><br>Anyway, I hope that answers your question.
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    Wow. How much did you lose on Tampa Bay 7 game road sweep last year?
    edited July 2005
    God was watching over me, because I was at a family reunion in Arkansas <br>when they went on their little run. Still, other than the Randy Johnson <br>win, they weren't that big of a dog in any game. And I only go 6 games, <br>not 7. Had I played it, I probably would have lost around 100 units.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    LIR, I know you arent counting these units in for the newly posted system. <br>But what were you up for the season before you started posting again. Im <br>guessing you are up around 240-270units so far, is that correct?
    edited July 2005
    I don't know what my total units figure at BT is, but I am personally up <br>249.94 units right now. I've had a perfectly clean May and June, and <br>hopefully I can close out these last 3 before the All-Star break to have a <br>superb 1st half of the season.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    ya thats what I was looking for, your record. <br><br><br>Supurb? Id go more with incredible.<br><br><br>Seems like last years results coupled with this year so far, makes for a <br>pretty nice system.<br><br><br>Other than the Padres this year, what other games did you have a decent <br>amount riding on? If you dont mind
    edited July 2005
    I had a lot on Detroit in a game 5 almost a month ago. They were playing <br>against San Francisco too. Maybe I should take heed.<br><br>The funny thing is, I usually bet ON Frisco, but I switched them to a bet <br>AGAINST team until Forehead comes back. Now they've almost burned me <br>twice. Of course, the second time was because I re-started the trip after <br>they had already lost, so that would have been my fault.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Seems as if the system is a big success though.<br><br><br>Congrats man. Let me know when you want to start talking NBA. Ive got all <br>my stats in a row
    edited July 2005
    Very true. You have to have MUCH more scratch for this system than the <br>basketball one. My baseline is that you take 100 units and multiply that <br>by 2. So if you want to bet $50/unit, you should have about $10k in <br>reserve.<br><br>When the system is going well, you feel like you are short-changing <br>yourself because you aren't getting the most bang for your buck. But it is <br>when the system goes bad that you need to worry about. You always have to <br>avoid the knockout punch. Standing 8-counts are ok, just don't get KO'ed.