Betting Talk

Betting the Farm, 7/7/05

ProduceProduce Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Totals for the year were posted earlier today. I am up around 1.5 units <br>for the year so far picking every single game. <br><br><br><br>Yanks -180/ 9 U 100= Ill stay with the hot Yankees. Mussina has been <br>throwing decent, going against millwood which is about the same. Mussina <br>gets more run support that Millwood so Im taking that and the fact the <br>yankees are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings. Under due to lack of run support <br>and 2 good pitchers on the hill.<br><br>Boston -110/ U 10 -110= Taking boston to be hot going into the break. With <br>the Yankees playing well boston has to step it up to keep their lead. They <br>have also won the last 7 games that wells was on the hill. Under is just a <br>hunch. I just think that baltimore might lose a 6-3 game today<br><br><br>Oakland -140/ 8 u -110 = Harden throwing well and chacin has been getting <br>hit around in his last few. Taking the under as I dont think the jays get <br>many off harden, and the As dont hit lefties on the road well.<br><br>Detriot -135/ U 9.5 -120= Tampa's pitcher is HORRIBLE, and detriot isnt <br>one of those teams that falls apart against Tampa for whatever reason. Ill <br>take the under as well, these teams are known for runs.<br><br>Minnesota -170/ U 9.5 100= KC sucks, Lima sucks. Only issue is, Twins <br>arent that good on the road. Taking the under, going to make KC score a <br>few on me to lose this one at 10<br><br>Angels -220/U 8.5 -115 = How can you go against the angels here, even at <br>-220. Taking the under for seattle to not score and the Angels arent <br>getting 9 on their own.<br><br>Mets +105/ 8 o -120= Taking benson over armas basically. I also think the <br>Nats will start the skid here shortly. Going over because Armas gets run <br>support and also gives up a ton. Benson isnt lock down so he'll give up a <br>few himself.<br><br>Marlins -145/ O 8 -120= Marlins at home is the basic reason for this one. <br>Both pitchers are pretty bad though. Taking the Over here, not because I <br>like the over, just because I didnt like the under.<br><br>Atlanta -110/ 8 U -115= Got to stay with Hotlanta. Ramirez has been <br>throwing decent and you never know what you will get out of prior. With <br>Lee hurt, it might hurt the Cubs line up as well. Ill take this one for a <br>low scoring pitchers duel.<br><br>Colorado 100/ O 11.5 -115= D. Lowe sucks. Fly ball pitcher in Coors....... <br>Taking the over because lowe sucks and Kennedy is just as bad. Ill take <br>this one at 2 units.<br><br>Philly -140/ O 8 100= Ill take Meyers and philly against the Newb. Pitt <br>sucks, lets not forget that. Also grabbing the over a 2 UNITS. Both teams <br>should get a handful today.<br><br>Atlanta -140/ 7 O 100= Smoltz in this game, end of story. Taking over as I <br>hope that Atlanta can go off this game for 5+ and the Cubbies manage 3 or <br>so.<br><br>San deigo -125/ U 9.5 -105= San Deigo hits lefties well on the road. <br>Williams is pitching well. Rodriguez has a 1.63 WHIP, and Wiliams has a <br>.92 WHIP, in their last 3 games. Allowing almost twice as many runners per <br>inning will lose you ball games. I will take the under on this game <br>though. Williams wont let houston get many runs, and you never know about <br>the padres offense.<br><br>Arizona +170/ U 10.5 +120= Taking the Dog here. Cards have won the first 3 <br>of this series, but MARQUIS IS GARBAGE. Cards have lost their last 4 with <br>him on the hill. I will take the under though, these teams dont get over <br>11 very often when they play.<br><br>Cinci -110/ O 9 -120= Garbage teams but Cinci is a little better in my <br>opinion. Harang is definately better than Tomko. I will take the over here <br>as both of these guys might give up 9 each.

Comments

• Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Agree that Lowe has been awful lately but he is hardly a fly ball <br>pitcher. Lowe is known for his sinker and ground ball outs
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Lowe is giving up around 1 homerun per 10 innings.<br><br><br>He has given up 13 already this year. He only gave up 15 all last year, <br>and 17 the year before that. <br><br>His hit to homerun ratio is 10:1<br><br><br>I considered this bad for Coors field. While in the past he was known for <br>being a low ball pitcher, this year he is not keeping it down in the zone <br>and giving up many more runs.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    I love to chat back and forth, Id never tell you or anyone to stop asking <br>questions. When you stop asking questions, you stop learning.<br><br><br>I get umpire stats from Jim Feist's website.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    The guy got a ton of hype when he was in Boston. You win games you <br>shouldnt when you play for a team like boston, and you come back down to <br>reality a little when you throw for a decent club, like the Dodgers. They <br>guy is right back down where he probably belong<br><br>5-9 with a 4ish ERA. Giving up a fair amount of jacks<br><br><br>While I agree in the past I would say he was known for keeping the ball on <br>the ground. But when you have the Boston lineup behind you, you have a <br>little more confidence and you get a little more hype.<br><br><br>By the way, Im not saying colorado is a lock by any means today. I just <br>think Lowe sucks
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    here are a few more things.<br><br><br>Lowe is 0-5 on the road this year, his team in 2-7 in his 9 road starts.<br><br>On the road his SO:walk is 1.94:1<br><br>At home is it 5.4:1 HUGE DIFFERNCE<br><br><br>His WHIP on the road is 1.46, at home it is 1.27<br><br>His outdoors WHIP is 1.37, his indoors WHIP is 1.15<br><br><br><br>Just a few more stats and reasons why D. Lowe should go out with the <br>garbage
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    that Coors Field hurts the pitcher who uses offspeed pitches and movement. <br>The thin air does not allow as much break on pitches at altitude and balls <br>tend to "flatten out". If Lowe gets the ball up at Coors, see ya.<br>Just a small Physics note, I have no opinion either way on the play.<br>Thanks for reading.
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    Show your won/lost record with each post
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Ill show my record whenever Im done figuring it out. Then Ill post my <br>plays. I dont want each post to be longer than they already are. If you <br>can find my record in my other post then you shouldnt be gambling.