Betting Talk

CARDS ROCK END OF STORY

rock2rock2 Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
i live here in stlouis aAND WE ARE LOVEING LIFE RIGHT NOW there is no <br>better team in baseball right now in my eyes sorry i just have to brag a <br>little the have won me a lot of money this year but i must say the seem to <br>be on a mission to get back to the world series and win this time or at <br>least do not get swept<br>thanks gllllll peace

Comments

• ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    They are tearing up one of the worst teams in baseball right <br>now....congrats?<br><br><br>The series before that they split with another one of the worst teams in <br>baseball, colorado. <br><br>They are 5-3 against 2 of the worst teams in baseball over the last 2 <br>weeks. THE GREATEST TEAM EVER, if pretty safe to say
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Do honestly think that there is a better hitting team in baseball right <br>now? Do you honestly think there is a better 1-2-3 punch in starting <br>pitching right now? Does anyone have a better bench than the Cards? I <br>will put them up against any team RIGHT NOW, and they will win the <br>series. <br><br>Not taking anything away from the ChiSox, they are also playing good <br>ball. But I think the Cards can beat them. I'll take our lineup against <br>anyone, and I'll put our starting 3 up against anyone, right now. <br><br>Rock never said anything about the 'Best team ever', not sure where that <br>comment came from. <br><br>Anyway, everyone entitled to their opinion, but as a sports handicapper, <br>you should know that they are the best team right now. Good Luck today,<br><br>GooseSTL
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    I dont see how you can say they are the best team in baseball or that they <br>would beat any other team in a 7 game series.<br><br><br>First of all, the NL is weak. Yes they are probably the best team in the <br>NL, but being the best team in the worst conference will get you swept by <br>the AL, as proven last year.<br><br>They started hot and have fallen off as of late. If you are saying that <br>you would take them against the whitesox, yanks, redsox, etc then you are <br>just crazy. Last year was a perfect example of what happens when a weak NL <br>team goes against a very good AL team.<br><br>And the cards pitchers arent that good at all. Id rather have many many <br>more staffs over theirs
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    cards pitching stats<br><br>pitcher, era, WHIP, baa<br>carp: 2.51 1.07 .225 <br>morris: 3.17 1.10 .247 <br>Marquis: 4.11 1.37 .258 <br>Suppan: 4.20 1.48 .294 <br>Mulder: 4.63 1.42 .285 <br><br>3 of the 5 have a BAA over .250, and 2 are over .280<br><br>3 of the 5 have ERAs over 4.10<br><br>3 of the 5 have WHIPs over 1.35<br><br><br>they get run support. That makes them good. They arent good. Carp is <br>throwing very well this year, thats it
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    according to Jim feist's breakdown page, the cards are up 6.45 units this <br>year total.<br><br>While they are up units, as a handicapper I feel like paying -200 for the <br>cards is stupid. Yes I jumped on them for all 3 games of this series. They <br>were down to -140ish and only got up to around -165ish during this series. <br>They are MUCH better than the Dbacks and at that price Ill play them. But <br>at the -200 which is what they are normally, they arent worth betting on. <br><br>By the way, they had basically the same lineup this year that they did <br>last year when they got SWEPT.<br><br>Against a good AL team in the WS, they put up a total of 12 runs, 9 of <br>those in 1 game. Lets not forget that they lost the game where they got 9 <br>runs, because they dont have a lock down pitcher.<br><br>Their staff is going to give up runs, they just hope to out score you. <br>That doesnt work in the playoffs against teams that have 2-3 dominate <br>pitchers.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Let's see, Cards took 2 of 3 from both Yanks and Sox this year, so I guess <br>that makes those teams better than us becuase they lost to the division <br>leader of the worst league in the NL. Hugh? Am East winning % is .492, <br>NL Central is .488. Can't see an argument there. Cards in the only <br>division w/ 6 teams in it, of course the record isn't going to be the <br>best. Actually, NL West has the worst winning % at .450. <br><br>I am just saying that today, on July 7th, it is in my opinion that STL <br>could take any team on in a 7 game series that would start this weekend <br>and they would win. This has nothing to do with last year. This is now. <br><br>Again, just our opinions, but it is a good discussion.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Ok, you arguement is if they played the WS today.<br><br>Well I cant argue that with you because we will never know the outcome and <br>we will babble on forever with no real answer. <br><br>Ill take a few AL staffs agains the cards lineup in October, when the WS <br>actually happens.