Betting Talk

Everyone is watching their news right now?

ChiTownShepChiTownShep Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Terrorists have struck again in a subway system. Similar to their attack <br>two years ago in Spain, they have struck again, this time in London. A <br>day after receiving the great announcement that they will get the 2012 <br>Olympic games, Londoners are now experiencing terrorism from abroad for <br>the first time.<br><br>33 dead, many others injured.<br><br>Be vigilant--boys--we could be next.<br><br>God Bless America!

Comments

• cluelessclueless Banned
    edited July 2005
    Did you just crawl out of bed boy??
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    everytime something like this happens it makes me wonder how people in <br>this country can argue with going to war against people that do this type <br>of stuff.<br><br><br>If you want to live in fear and have this happen, please continue voting <br>that way and bitching. If you want to put an end to it, support your <br>troops and the war
  • ChiTownShepChiTownShep Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Call me caveman, I guess?<br><br>I had been outside working in the yard since 7--just came in to review my <br>plays and just turned on the tube a little while ago.
  • OldHickOldHick Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    They whine about the patriot act, even though it has never had any <br>meaningful adverse effect on their life. Then they will bitch that the <br>Bush administration should have know about 9/11.
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited July 2005
    Open a can of worms here. One day if you can see it Check Out the History <br>Channel on the life of Sadam. <br><br>A mini HITLER.
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Your 100% correct Produce and remember it's always up to a few good men <br>with balls to fight for our country and save it despite the second <br>guessing and monday morning quarterbacking from those in the cheap seats. <br>Today London, tomorrow God knows where - we need our Marines happy and <br>well fed an knowing we are all behind them back here!
  • novacpenovacpe Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    yeah right ......the patriot act hasnt done a damn thing to catch <br>anybody......a terrorist will get around that stupid law.....whining? get <br>hassled going over the canadian border or coming back sometimes....we were <br>detained and searched for over 4 hours because my grandson forgot a cup of <br>worms in the back of the boat.......you havent seen a 12 yr old kids <br>terrorized by our own stupid border people obviously.....tell me all about <br>how many terrorists they've caught so far....ive been going to canada for <br>4o years and aint going back....its too much hassle now...you can do the <br>bush lovefest all you want but there's a thing called reality..if you <br>think the terrorist act is going to stop terrorists you need a dose of it. <br>the only way to stop them is to find them and blow them away
  • lakers300lakers300 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I wouldn't be against this war but Iraq has no history of state sponsored <br>terrorism. It had a secular government that seperated religion from the <br>government. It had no WMDs and no connections to al qaeda. Would I support <br>a war if it meant protecting our country? Without a doubt. But clearly <br>Iraq posed no danger to us. If we are to fight a war, I say we pick it <br>wisely. Instead we have created a breeding ground for terrorists in Iraq, <br>compounding the problem. Wouldn't those billions of dollars be better <br>spent on hiring intelligence to find the real terrorists? Thats just my <br>two cents.
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I am not Factsman but these ARE facts and if people would read magazines <br>and books instead of 30 seconds of FOX News this would be obvious and <br>known to all:<br><br>The Administration had the CIA/FBI Report on Terrorism in their hands well <br>before 9/11 and chose to do nothing. This also falls in the lap of the <br>Clinton Administration but Rice, Cheney, Bush and Ashcroft are equally <br>responsible. The reoprt was out well before the attacks and it described <br>the use of pilot training schools as a means to attack us through the air.<br><br>Bush Sr. was funding Saddam and his regime before the Gulf War. This is <br>fact.<br><br>Novacpe is right, there are NO al Queda cells based in Iraq, no proof <br>there ever were or that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11. This was about <br>oil. End of story. No WMD's, no terrorists. <br><br>It is our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan that is alienating us from <br>the Middle Eastern countries. That has given strength to these radical <br>cells in these areas.<br><br>The Patriot Act has been used as a smokescreen to decrease individual <br>freedoms in the USA. It was attempted to ramrod even more restrictions <br>through Congress last month where a BI-PARTISAN MAJORITY shut down the <br>Administration's attempts to bypass the courts in gathering information.<br><br>Maybe BUSH should support the troops as well. While our men and women are <br>fighting and dying, his administration is cutting funding to veterans and <br>veteran's hospitals. Read the Congressional Budget Report. It is in black <br>and white. suicide among returning troops is higher than it has ever been. <br>Read the reports by the Veterans Administration.<br><br>Troop support for the war has eroded to below 50% in every meaningful poll <br>by people at the front of the battle. For Cheney to come out and say that <br>the cells are collapsing and victory is immenent was the most asinine <br>comment since Bush claimed victory on the deck of an aircraft carrier two <br>years ago. This war is Vietnam all over again with no end in sight. The <br>opposition has gotten even harder to root out and the roadside explosives <br>are more advanced in their use in every city in Iraq, not to mention the <br>roads between our holding areas there. We are fighting an enemy we can't <br>even see.<br><br>I support our troops and I support efforts to end terrorism. <br>Unfortunately, our approach to it has done nothing to slow it down or root <br>out Bin Laden. It has however given the Muslims and Sunnis more reason to <br>hate us and our posturing as the world's superpower that does whatever the <br>fuck we want. The terrorists have strengthened in their resolve by our <br>actions, not weakened. <br><br>Even with heightened security in London for the G8 summit, these cells of <br>al Queda were able to blow up areas of mass transit with ease. We have <br>accomplished nothing in the war on terror.
  • OldHickOldHick Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    You get hastled at the Canadian border..WHINER. I'm happy to know that we <br>hastle people at the border. We should do it MORE!<br><br>The patriot act is just a small piece and absolutely will not make you <br>safe...but it will make you safER.
  • lakers300lakers300 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Well put FootballPix
  • novacpenovacpe Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    whiner? heh heh heh.... you know, people left hitler obtain the power <br>that he did and then followed him blindly without question ans the results <br>are well known....anyone that doesnt raise questions about his government <br>making rash judgements and decisions needs to check on his history books <br>or he's a fool about to give up his liberties....try reading..its good for <br>you....remember, i'll be the "whiner" thats up front trying to preserve <br>our rights and you'll be like the german people in ww2 fair enough? whine <br>whine whine heeeeheeeheee