Betting Talk

Fri. Bases

mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Only one play today - Roger Clemens who is the greatest pitcher going so <br>far this year and certainly will start the all star game as no one else <br>comes close to the year he's having when you examine his stat's. Get on <br>him and stay on him. He has only given up over 5 hits twice in 17 starts. <br>Clemens has been 2 or under in ER's 12 of his 17 starts. 15 of his 17 <br>he's 3 and under in ER's. His two terrible games were 4 and 5 Earned <br>Runs. Unbelievable!!! Numbers like I've never seen before from any <br>pitcher. Simply amazing!!!! Did Kofax ever have a season like Roger's? An <br>ERA of 1.41 . A WHIP of 0.93. Only one bet today - Houston and Roger - <br>Don't even know who he's pitching against. Don't Care!!!

Comments

• NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Being from Boston he is the best and mybe the best ever!
  • LetItRideLetItRide Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Where exactly did he go to college?<br><br>Sorry, had to slip that in there. I couldn't believe this line came out at <br>(-215). I was all over it at that price. While Houlton's road starts have <br>improved somewhat over what his history is, he still doesn't deserve that <br>kind of respect versus a scorching Astros club. If they could just find a <br>5th starter, they could make a run at the wildcard. <br><br>This is also one time when you can say the opposing bullpen is actually a <br>wash with Houston's crappy pen. Plus, the Dodgers are a measly 4-13 OTR in <br>their L17, while Houston has the 4th best home record in the Bigs. The <br>Stros are playing .750 ball in their last 20 games and have not lost 2 <br>straight at home in over a month. <br><br>While both bullpen's numbers look similar, it's the Astros pen that has <br>been getting it done lately. They've only given up 3 earned runs in their <br>last 17 innings (1.59 ERA), while LAD has given up 19 earned runs over <br>their last 32 innings pitched for a 5.34 ERA. <br><br>I like this game for a multitude of reasons. Good luck to us!
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    and don't forget - Roger is now 42 years old!