Betting Talk

MLB PLAY

111111111111 Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
BOSTON RED SOX (-135)

Comments

• 111111111111 Banned
    edited July 2005
    COL <br>Can't trust Pedro Astacio to slow the Rockies down today.... Astacio <br>road record this year, at 0-4, and is just 2-8 in his starts for the <br>season.
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Like em both, good luck.
  • DollarSignsDollarSigns Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Astacio is 6-0 as an underdog of +125 to +175 since 1997. Also Colorado <br>is 3-13 after a win by 2 runs or less this season. Good luck to you <br>though.
    edited July 2005
    I know it works for some folks and they serve as good guidelines to <br>support a play or make a no play. I dont think they should be followed <br>blindly but used as tools. Experience is so much more valuable than <br>trends and stats. Here is an example. Michigan plays Ohio State at home <br>this year in the Big House in Ann Arbor. UM will probably be undefeated <br>going into the game, OSU probably also. Gotta play Michigan, right? If <br>you look at the last 10 years you will see the road team usually wins this <br>matchup. Even worse, they usually play the spoiler for the team that is <br>undefeated. Those kinds of stats and trends to me are more important than <br>say Michigan is 5-1 when they are dogs of 3+ points on the third weekend <br>in November...
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Stats are factual averages and figures such as "Michigan averages 32 <br>points per game and 230 yards rushing vs. Big ten teams at home"<br><br>Trends are how teams have done in specific situations against the spread <br>over a period of time for example, like the number that you quoted at the <br>bottom.<br><br><br><br><br>"Michigan is 5-1 ats when they are dogs of 3+ points on the third weekend <br>in November"...
    edited July 2005
    shoulda clarified.