Betting Talk

World Cup of Baseball Groups set...

ReidpipeReidpipe Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
I thoroughly enjoy watching World Cup of Soccer and World Cup of Hockey, <br>I'm looking forward to this as a baseball fan,, especially with no more <br>ball in the olympics..It will be the one big international event every few <br>years,, hopefully it catches on.. Definitely have to consider the U.S., <br>Japan, and Cuba the favorites. Hopefully Canada should be able to beat <br>out Mexico and finish second behind U.S. in their group with some good <br>young players involved (Harden ,Bedard, Francis, Reitsma, hopefully Gagne, <br>along with Morneau, Bay , Walker, Koskie and others) this tourney should <br>be fun to watch...<br><br>Group A<br>Japan<br>South Korea <br>Taiwan <br>China<br><br>Group B<br>US<br>Canada<br>Mexico<br>South Africa<br><br>Group C<br>Dominican Republic<br>Austria<br>Venezuala<br>Italy<br><br>Group D <br>Cuba <br>Puerto Rico<br>Netherland<br>Panama

Comments

• Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    No way is the pitching going to be anywhere close to what it would be if <br>this were held any other time besides March. None of the big name <br>pitchers are going to risk injury and potential contracts playing for <br>their country.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    hopefully all the countries put forth their best players to play. Id hate <br>to see some countries have their best and other countries players be lazy <br>and not play for their country
  • ReidpipeReidpipe Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    it states that insurance money is gonna be huge for this,, and it's <br>basically a form of spring training so you'll probably only see guys go <br>3-5 innings... I'm not sure how the American team will shape up as far as <br>guys wanting to play and not playing,, I just know from the Canadian <br>standpoint... There was an interview with Rich Harden when A's were in <br>Toronto last week,, he is from the same general area here in BC as Justin <br>Morneau, Jason Bay, Jeff Francis and Larry Walker.. These guys all know <br>each other and apparently their all pumped about getting a chance to play <br>together in this tourney.. as many of them used to play together on the <br>junior Canadian national team.. Although health will be an issue at this <br>time,, will these guys all be healthy to start the season,, especially <br>Eric Gagne??
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    My 2 cents...<br>NO WAY the LAD let Gagne anywhere near that Tourney, even if he is close <br>to healthy.<br>He got very lucky that he didn't need TJ Surgery and that they only moved <br>the nerve. I doubt he would even be able to throw by then.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Gagne might be able to pitch if he gets back on the juice again. <br><br><br>Maybe Gagne, Ivan rodriguez, brady anderson, louis Gonzalez, Brett Boone, <br>Giambi, etc etc can all get together for a little "shoot up" session <br>before this gets going.
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    When is it scheduled to begin?
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    march 13th 2006
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    During March Madness, no one will watch
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Well NFLman, maybe you should call them up and let them know something <br>else is going on that month and to back it up a bit.