Betting Talk

stolen story by ace-ace nfl preseason

BigJoeBigJoe Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
The current preseason formula (for teams playing the common four <br>exhibitions) goes something like this. <br><br>Game One--Starters go a couple of series or about one quarter; top backups <br>into the second half; then mostly reserves, rookies and free agents the <br>rest of the way. <br><br>Game Two--Starters go most or all of the first half; backups deep into the <br>third (or early fourth) quarter; reserves the rest of the way. <br><br>Game Three--This is usually a team's main dress rehearsal for opening day. <br>Starters play one-half to three-quarters of the game, backups most of the <br>rest of the way; reserves see action depending mostly on the situation. <br><br>Game Four--This is often a "throwaway" game for coaches, who are usually <br>much more concerned about their opening-day opponent than they are about <br>this practice finale. Starters often play only a couple of series or so; <br>maybe less; some maybe not at all. Any key players with nagging injuries <br>will be held out. Backups and reserves play the majority of the game, with <br>promising youngsters getting one final chance to win a spot on the roster. <br><br>THE BIGGEST EDGE OF ALL. The biggest edge is, of course, when one team is <br>going to employ vastly superior talent that day, in that game than is its <br>preseason opponent. This situation can occur due to injuries, scheduling <br>dynamics, or when one coach's determination for his team to emerge <br>victorious is matched vs. another coach's semi-indifference. It rarely <br>hurts to have the better-focused, superior players going for you in any <br>contest, practice or not. <br><br>TOTALS. Many handicappers like to play the "under" in early preseason <br>games, figuring that the use of numerous quarterbacks, so-called "vanilla" <br>offenses, and semi-predictable defenses will tend to produce low-scoring <br>games. In 2003 that line of thinking was right, but not by much, as there <br>were 8 "overs" and 9 "unders" in the first full week of the preseason plus <br>the previous week's Hall-of-Fame game. However, during the last 9 <br>preseasons, "overs" in the first one-plus weeks of the campaign lead the <br>"unders" 87-78.<br><br>FOR ME....I WILL BET A FEW IN THE 1ST 3 WEEKS FOR THE ACTION,THE 4TH WEEK <br>WILL BE THE WEEK TO KNOW WHAT GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE 1ST WEEK(THE GAMES <br>THAT COUNT)....AFTER WEEK 2, I HOPE TO HAVE"MY LINE" KICK IN....THAT WHEN <br>THE FUN STARTS

Comments

• footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Remember when Marv Levy coached the Bills... he hated preseason and pulled <br>everybody after one series. I made a KILLING fading Buffalo in preseason. <br>You have to find coaching matchups that have first year coaches and guys <br>on the hot seat going against coaches who are secure in the job, know what <br>talent they have and don't want guys getting hurt. The pressure to win <br>preseason makes for some game mismatches and vice versa.<br>I honestly feel NFL Preseason is "found money"...
  • BigJoeBigJoe Banned
    edited July 2005
    100% right<br>the only time i hoped on the bills was in there last preseason game..<br>and when Parcells was coaching the giants if you look back he was always <br>3-1 or 4-0 ats in preseason<br>always played them....
  • LineWatcherLineWatcher Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    You guys are killing me!!! When does training camp start???
  • rootirooti Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    training camps are going full blast
  • footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    closer to the 23rd of the month. The teams in the HOF game can start <br>sooner.