Betting Talk

I am betting the National League tonight.....

MarquisMarquis Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
......for a few bucks. Why?<br><br>Cause the Cardinals are overrated!<br><br>They suck, their manager sucks, there pitching staff is overrated.<br><br>Who are the idiots in vegas that make them the favorite to win the <br>National League! Amazing how vegas is still in business.<br><br>This just in, Albert Pujols SUCKS!

Comments

• MarquisMarquis Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Also, I suck too, and I made this stupid, off the cuff, unsupported wager <br>over a month a go to win the National League pennant, what was I smoking?<br><br>Jun-6 8:38:22 PM <br>TNT STRAIGHT BET<br>[55] ST. LOUIS CARDINALS +550 500/2750
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    You have been claiming Clemens is so good and he got beat in Game 7, the <br>one game you said you would pitch him versus anyone else. Sounds <br>hypocritical to me. By the way, the Cards made it to the series w/out <br>Carp last year, in case you forgot. And also, home field doesn't mean <br>anything? 8 of last 10 WS Champs had home field advantage. So there!!!
    edited July 2005
    Actually, I thought they switched leagues for home field before this All <br>Star fiasco. Am then Nat, Am, then Nat, and so forth. So the team w/ <br>best record did not necessarily have home field anyway. At least I think <br>that is how it worked before.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Boston vs cards....result 4-0<br><br><br><br>cards were overrated last year and are again this year. They might <br>abosolutely dominate the weak NL, but compared to the AL...they are <br>overrated. As I stated many many times
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    I don't understand MARQUIS, you are giving only reasons to bet on the AL.
    edited July 2005
    from what I can get out of it. I think he thinks the Cards might be <br>pretty good. I could be wrong though.<br><br>GooseSTL
  • TheNFLManTheNFLMan Banned
    edited July 2005
    Yeah, c'mon Marquis. No one's sure about you.
  • MarquisMarquis Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I'm on the cards, think are the most solid team in baseball.