Betting Talk

McCarver is the absolute worst

Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
If this guy is considered a color analyst I want to know what other <br>quality baseball sidekicks are called. He routinely rambles on about <br>meaningless information and adds nothing to the game.<br><br>Here are a few snippets from just the first three innings.<br><br>Bottom 2nd, Johnny Damon up, 0-1 count. Next pitch he swings and grounds <br>out to Eckstein. "Damon swinging at the first pitch" Has he already <br>zoned out? Its obvious he doesn't keep score like most solid announcers <br>do, can't he at least find a scoreboard to show the count?<br><br>Top 3rd, Beltran up. Pitch is down and in, which is normally considered a <br>hitters zone for lefties and McCarver chimes in with "That is how these <br>guys are, that he can hit that pitch down and in and then Roberts makes <br>the play." I guess that can be considered a fact if "making the play" <br>means throwing wildly to first after the runner is already safe.<br><br>I am already dreading this Saturday afternoon when he covers Sox-Yanks. <br>My TV will be on mute or I may pickup internet radio coverage.<br><br>Venting done....

Comments

• ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    I also didnt like when they announced Rogers before the game, how Joe buck <br>(I think it was him) paused extra long before announcing the last player <br>so the crowd could get extra time to booo rogers. Its not his place to do <br>something like that
  • payrollpayroll Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I agree, I hate the guy with a passion. Unfortunately, I grew up in CT <br>listening to him everyday with the Mets. I can still remember the reds <br>and Mets fighting and him saying this is a serious bru-ha-ha adn <br>frequently turning the channel. Anyway, I also lived in Chicago for 8 <br>years and watched the Cubs everyday. The guy is full of shi*. I caught <br>him numerous times talking out of his a** when he'd cover the Cubs for the <br>game of the week. He clearly knew jack shit about the players and would <br>just say stuff like Patterson is red hot when the fucking guy was 0 for <br>his last 20.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    ever listen to Michael Kay?w2w
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Very often. He is play by play and biased and annoying but that is almost <br>expected (and accepted) from a home town guy. Boston announcers are <br>biased as well but I expect a lot more from a national guy that is <br>covering the biggest events in baseball.
  • MavsManMavsMan Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Michael Kay. Oh boy. But we can't forget about about John Sterling. And <br>Suzy Waldman.<br>Boy how I miss Rizzuto and Bill White. (And Frank Messer.)<br>Boy if I could just turn back the clock.<br>Hey W2W Did you know you can listen to the Yanks in Stereo on 94.7 FM? <br>As if you really want to hear Sterling in stereo.<br><br>When the Yanks play Red Sox or Baltimore I listen to them on 1080 and 1090 <br>just so I don't have to listen to the Yanks announcers. Thanks God for <br>strong AM signals. I even get the Phillies on 1210.
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    someday Paul O'Neil is going to be in a real bad mood and kill KAY.you can <br>almost picture him gritting his teeth at some of KAY'S comments.Yeah <br>YANKEE BASEBALL in STEREO...just what I need...lol...w2w
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited July 2005