Betting Talk

Produce

briansbrians Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Now i am in a arguement with my Employees about the tomato.<br><br>I say its a fruit and we are argueing

Comments

• ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    lets hope that you are really arguing at your work about tomatoes
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited July 2005
    Im serious we looked it up in dictionary and they say fruit. <br><br><br>LOL <br><br>But i got 50.00 on your answer if it matters.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    Botanically speaking, the tomato you eat is a fruit. So is a watermelon, <br>green pepper, eggplant, cucumber, and squash. A "fruit" is any fleshy <br>material covering a seed or seeds.<br> <br>Horticulturally speaking, the tomato is a vegetable plant. The plant is an <br>annual and nonwoody. Most fruits, from a horticulture perspective, are <br>grown on a woody plant (apples, cherries, raspberries, oranges) with the <br>exception of strawberries. <br><br>In 1893, the United States Supreme Court ruled the tomato was a <br>"vegetable" and therefore subject to import taxes. The suit was brought by <br>a consortium of growers who wanted it declared a vegetable to protect U.S. <br>crop development and prices. Fruits, at that time, were not subjected to <br>import taxes and foreign countries could flood the market with lower <br>priced produce. (A hundred years really hasn't changed anything.)
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited July 2005
    WOW now i learned something. Uncle sam next will call a car a truck. So <br>they can get extra.hmmmm<br><br>Damn they can do whatever they want cant they.<br><br><br>Webster dictionary 1990 says its a Fruit.<br><br><br>Really makes you wonder. Whats next.