Betting Talk

NFL Team Win Total Projection and Writeup

footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
San Francisco 49ers UNDER 4.5, -125<br><br>San Francisco was 2-14 in 2004. The schedule this year includes STL, DAL, <br>IND, TB, NYG, SEA, ARI and HOU at home and PHI, ARI, WAS, CHI, TEN, SEA, <br>JAC and STL on the road.<br><br>Where are the 5 wins needed to go OVER this total going to come from? <br>MAYBE Houston at home but no guarantee. Are there four more wins on the <br>San Francisco schedule? San Francisco has the toughest home schedule in <br>their division this season, even with the worst record in the NFL last <br>year.<br>Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, Johnnie Morton and P.J. Fleck are the wide <br>receivers for this team and the best pass catcher they have is the TE, <br>Eric Johnson. This is not good. Morton was worthless in a pass-happy <br>offense in KC and they were willing to let him walk. These other guys are <br>marginal starters on any other NFL team.<br><br>Tim Rattay will start the year for SF but once this season is in the <br>toilet (around Week 7), Alex Smith will get his shot. Who are either of <br>these guys going to throw to? The offensive line will be an issue, as they <br>lost the best tackle they had in Kyle Kosier to Detroit in Free Agency. <br>They did get Jonas Jennings from Buffalo and drafted David Baas so the <br>line will improve once they learn cohesion and can work together but I <br>don't think that Mike Nolan will allow Alex Smith to get punished until he <br>has some confidence that the O-Line can protect him.<br><br>Kevan Barlow is penciled in as the starter, but only gained 800+ yards <br>last year with a YPC of 3.4, below the league average. He was benched for <br>being a malcontent and may not last if the new staff decides that they <br>want to plan for the future and a top pick in 2006. If he opens his mouth, <br>he will get cut.<br><br>The defense needs a healthy Julian Peterson and everyone stepping up <br>bigtime if they have any hope of improving the worst defense in the entire <br>NFL. They were statistaclly worse than anyone else in the league and will <br>be hard pressed to keep opponents below 20 PPG, which will be a stretch <br>for the offense to match.<br><br>San Fran is setting themselves up the 2006 draft. Four and a half games <br>seems way beyond capability. UNDER 4.5 and I actually think 3 will be an <br>accomplishment. Play this UNDER 4.5 and enjoy watching a SF team that is <br>totally gearing up for the future, with an owner that is known throughout <br>the league as being cheap. If you need any proof that the Eddie DeBartolo <br>days and Super Bowl Championships are only a memory, watch this year's <br>edition of the Forty Niners.<br><br>If you wish to read the other writeups for NFL, preseason win totals and <br>observations, send me an email from the website link and I will be glad to <br>add you to the mailing list. No charge!<br><br>Thanks as always,<br><br>Mychal<br>www.AdvantageSports1.com