Betting Talk

Horse question

ProduceProduce Banned
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
If the track already takes out close to 17%, then why the hell doesnt <br>whoever controls this shit make the tracks pay out the full rest of the <br>pool. I dont care if the winner gets 6.78, if thats what the odds were <br>then pay that amount. Getting 6.60 on a 6.78 horse is bullshit. I cant <br>believe they let them get 17% and the extra money. If you think about it <br>they get it 6 times per race. 1 winner, 2 places, 3 shows. They get a few <br>cents extra per winning ticket, per race, per day = millions per year

Comments

• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    the initial take out goes to state county and other local <br>governments...tracks are not a non profit organization...the real crime is <br>when state owned OTB's take 6% of your money for handling the <br>transactions...so you lose the initial take out plus the breakage and a <br>fee of up to 6% on top of that...it sucks...w2w
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    that there is more of take out betting horses than sports (in the end). <br>But yet your hear people say "I like betting horsese because you don't <br>have to lay -110 on every wager." But what they don't realize is that not <br>all of your dollar is going into the pool. It's easy not to feel it when <br>you're getting a $60 exacta. But what would it have paid had some of the <br>cheese not gone into the govt pockets? Wire, the take out on exotic wagers <br>are just sick. The So Cal Pick Six pool is pure robbery by the track and <br>state.
    edited July 2005
    in ny the take out on the pick six after a carryover is 25%...the lowest <br>it is is 16% on most exotics...and ny is one of the better states as far <br>as take outs...it is legalized robbery...w2w
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited July 2005
    other than fun, why do you bet the horses?<br><br><br>If you are actually doing it to make a profit it would seem stupid. And if <br>you must bet, why not bet $2 rather than anything more. I know its hard to <br>tell a gambler that what he is gambling on wont make him a winner in the <br>long run, but it is true.<br><br><br>Giving up that much juice in every single race is crazy.
    edited July 2005
    Diane Nelson ...one of the top female jockeys...was at one time in all the <br>NYRA ads...she was on a tv show once and they asked her about gambling.she <br>said anyone who bets more than $2 a race is a little crazy.she is no <br>longer in any NYRA ads...could this tell us something?w2w