Betting Talk

My Two Cents...

footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
edited July 2005 in Sports Betting
Drew Rosenhaus would be my first choice for an agent if I was an NFL <br>athlete, but his technique is abrasive and he sends the wrong message as <br>an agent to NFL teams. Calling out Brett Favre was stupid and will not win <br>him friends, not that he cares. My support for Brett is based on a 35 year <br>old QB that sees his window of opportunity closing and knows he needs a <br>Javon Walker in camp, especially with the Packers salary purge and loss of <br>offensive linemen to free agency. The Vikings and Lions have improved and <br>the Pack has regressed. <br><br>The Dolphins will be hard pressed to win 6 games. Saban may be an <br>exceptional coach but transferring that to the NFL is a much different <br>animal. The demands are greater in the pros and there are more diversions, <br>not to mention the differences between the pro athlete and a college kid. <br>He did a great job as the DC at Cleveland under Billy B and now he has a <br>full plate. Big upgrade. The Ricky Williams thing and the new issue with a <br>crying DL in his Supplemental Draft Pick from USC is a full dance card.<br><br>If you have any hope of upholding the women's right to choose, now is the <br>time to make your voice heard. The new Bush nominee to the Supreme Court <br>will be an advocate for the Christian Right and illegal abortions will <br>return. He has already come down on the side of the Washington DC Subway <br>Police, who arrested a 12 year old girl for eating a FRENCH FRY in the <br>tube. Awesome.<br><br>What the hell is wrong with a society that allows sportswriters loudmouth <br>jerk-offs to have their own shows? Stephen A. Smith is the most misguided <br>individual that should have a public forum. Add that ESPN show with <br>screaming writers on TV at 2:00pm PDT and I want to vomit. This is further <br>proof that the louder you yell, the more marketable you are.<br><br>Bob Goodenow got fired as head of the NHLPA. I am surprised it took this <br>long. He turned down a better deal that was available last year and would <br>have prevented a strike. The NHLPA got a worse deal, with a lower cap and <br>lost every TV contract they may have had. What an ass. If I was a player, <br>he would be sent to Siberia.<br><br>Larry Brown has a bad rap with management in the NBA but everywhere he has <br>gone, he wins. He may be a hired gun, but if your team sucks, you have to <br>consider him. I have met him and his family as they have a summer home out <br>her and they are good people... business is business. Players move and he <br>takes a lot of abuse for following his heart.<br><br>Why does Tom DeLay get a free pass? Read about this guy and he would be <br>brought up for censure, indictment and charges. Why is there no <br>repercussion? Because the press has been threatened by the Administration <br>regarding to access to the President, and anyone who doesn't toe the line <br>loses access. Free Press? Not any more. Same with Ken Lay and Enron... why <br>wasn't that exposed? He was a HUGE Bush contributor and the Gov't. turned <br>a blind eye when the shit hit the fan.<br><br>One last political point... anyone want to see the proof of George Bush <br>and his cocaine possession arrest? Or his slutting around while in the <br>Reserves? Maybe his DUI's?<br>Didn't think so... but impeaching Clinton for a BJ is fair game. <br><br>There will be several NFL teams that will under-preform in wins... look at <br>NE, Tennessee, GB, Denver and Washington. I will have more on these teams <br>later but if you play Futures, they are a good starting point.<br><br>I am a low risk sports investor, meaning that I only risk reasonably large <br>sums of my cash on plays I like... that being said, I will follow <br>LetItRide's system blindly and buy the two pints every single time.<br><br>Let's clear up a misconception about me and Produce... I like the guy and <br>have spoken to him on the phone on NUMEROUS occasions, but if he crosses <br>the line he will get bounced like anyone else here, including me.<br><br>I don't know if you guys have seen this, but there was a T-Ball coach that <br>paid a kid $25 to hit a 9 year old disabled boy with a pitch in their <br>league in Pennsylvania. That is actually one of the most depressing <br>stories I have ever read. If this is how American society has become, I <br>don't want to participate. That sickened me more than anything I have read <br>this year.<br><br>I agree with those that feel that the story from Aruba has gotten to much <br>play, but while it is sad that a blonde, blue eyed beauty disappeared and <br>may be dead or into prostitution, there are kids of every nationality that <br>are killed, stolen or go missing every day and it doesn't even make the <br>paper.<br><br>Okay, last question political: Why has the Democratic Party allowed itself <br>to be cowed by the Republicans and<br>become spineless and weak? We are headed to a single party system and that <br>spells doom for EVERYONE that values individual rights.<br><br>If anyone actually thinks that Sports Medicine isn't one step ahead of <br>testing, you are kidding yourself. I played College Football in the late <br>80's and can tell you that as soon as the leagues and USOC find a test <br>for one substance, there is another on the market.<br><br>On that note, does anyone think we are winning the so-called "War on <br>Drugs"? Don't kid yourself. there are more and less expensive drugs <br>available now then ever. It's a way to seem that we are doing something <br>when we actually are not and will NEVER stop the flow. NEVER. Control and <br>partial legalization is the only answer. Let me say that I do not use <br>drugs at all, but I am a realistic person. Guns and alcohol kill more <br>people in America than drugs ever have. Oh, add war to that.<br><br>Why is it a kid can get 40 years for selling a dime bag of pot with no <br>early release but a guy that kills someone gets 4-6 or 8-10 with the <br>possibility of parole? <br><br>I really love hockey and hope that the rules changes help the casual fan <br>find the game, but we have become a society that is controlled by instant <br>gratification and video games. Hockey and baseball are cerebral sports and <br>shouldn't have to be changed so that some idiot in Kentucky finds the game <br>interesting. To me, the rules are good enough without all the other crap.<br><br>HBO is the best network on TV, bar none. Especially on Sunday nights.<br><br>DirecTv has a new offer that if you have the HD Package, you can watch up <br>to 8 games live on one screen. What could be better for a football <br>handicapper, or just the fan?<br><br><br>Until next time, thanks for reading and I will await the bashing.... LOL.<br><br>Mychal<br>AdvantageSports1.com

Comments

• footballpixfootballpix Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Drew Rosenhaus would be my first choice for an agent if I was an NFL <br>athlete, but his technique is abrasive and he sends the wrong message as <br>an agent to NFL teams. Calling out Brett Favre was stupid and will not win <br>him friends, not that he cares. My support for Brett is based on a 35 year <br>old QB that sees his window of opportunity closing and knows he needs a <br>Javon Walker in camp, especially with the Packers salary purge and loss of <br>offensive linemen to free agency. The Vikings and Lions have improved and <br>the Pack has regressed. <br><br>The Dolphins will be hard pressed to win 6 games. Saban may be an <br>exceptional coach but transferring that to the NFL is a much different <br>animal. The demands are greater in the pros and there are more diversions, <br>not to mention the differences between the pro athlete and a college kid. <br>He did a great job as the DC at Cleveland under Billy B and now he has a <br>full plate. Big upgrade. The Ricky Williams thing and the new issue with a <br>crying DL in his Supplemental Draft Pick from USC is a full dance card.<br><br>If you have any hope of upholding the women's right to choose, now is the <br>time to make your voice heard. The new Bush nominee to the Supreme Court <br>will be an advocate for the Christian Right and illegal abortions will <br>return. He has already come down on the side of the Washington DC Subway <br>Police, who arrested a 12 year old girl for eating a FRENCH FRY in the <br>tube. Awesome.<br><br>What the hell is wrong with a society that allows sportswriters loudmouth <br>jerk-offs to have their own shows? Stephen A. Smith is the most misguided <br>individual that should have a public forum. Add that ESPN show with <br>screaming writers on TV at 2:00pm PDT and I want to vomit. This is further <br>proof that the louder you yell, the more marketable you are.<br><br>Bob Goodenow got fired as head of the NHLPA. I am surprised it took this <br>long. He turned down a better deal that was available last year and would <br>have prevented a strike. The NHLPA got a worse deal, with a lower cap and <br>lost every TV contract they may have had. What an ass. If I was a player, <br>he would be sent to Siberia.<br><br>Larry Brown has a bad rap with management in the NBA but everywhere he has <br>gone, he wins. He may be a hired gun, but if your team sucks, you have to <br>consider him. I have met him and his family as they have a summer home out <br>here and they are good people... business is business. Players move and he <br>takes a lot of abuse for following his heart.<br><br>Why does Tom DeLay get a free pass? Read about this guy and he would be <br>brought up for censure, indictment and charges. Why is there no <br>repercussion? Because the press has been threatened by the Administration <br>regarding to access to the President, and anyone who doesn't toe the line <br>loses access. Free Press? Not any more. Same with Ken Lay and Enron... why <br>wasn't that exposed? He was a HUGE Bush contributor and the Gov't. turned <br>a blind eye when the shit hit the fan.<br><br>One last political point... anyone want to see the proof of George Bush <br>and his cocaine possession arrest? Or his slutting around while in the <br>Reserves? Maybe his DUI's?<br>Didn't think so... but impeaching Clinton for a BJ is fair game. <br><br>There will be several NFL teams that will under-preform in wins... look at <br>NE, Tennessee, GB, Denver and Washington. I will have more on these teams <br>later but if you play Futures, they are a good starting point.<br><br>I am a low risk sports investor, meaning that I only risk reasonably large <br>sums of my cash on plays I like... that being said, I will follow <br>LetItRide's system blindly and buy the two pints every single time.<br><br>Let's clear up a misconception about me and Produce... I like the guy and <br>have spoken to him on the phone on NUMEROUS occasions, but if he crosses <br>the line he will get bounced like anyone else here, including me.<br><br>I don't know if you guys have seen this, but there was a T-Ball coach that <br>paid a kid $25 to hit a 9 year old disabled boy with a pitch in their <br>league in Pennsylvania. That is actually one of the most depressing <br>stories I have ever read. If this is how American society has become, I <br>don't want to participate. That sickened me more than anything I have read <br>this year.<br><br>I agree with those that feel that the story from Aruba has gotten to much <br>play, but while it is sad that a blonde, blue eyed beauty disappeared and <br>may be dead or into prostitution, there are kids of every nationality that <br>are killed, stolen or go missing every day and it doesn't even make the <br>paper.<br><br>Okay, last question political: Why has the Democratic Party allowed itself <br>to be cowed by the Republicans and<br>become spineless and weak? We are headed to a single party system and that <br>spells doom for EVERYONE that values individual rights.<br><br>If anyone actually thinks that Sports Medicine isn't one step ahead of <br>testing, you are kidding yourself. I played College Football in the late <br>80's and can tell you that as soon as the leagues and USOC find a test <br>for one substance, there is another on the market.<br><br>On that note, does anyone think we are winning the so-called "War on <br>Drugs"? Don't kid yourself. there are more and less expensive drugs <br>available now then ever. It's a way to seem that we are doing something <br>when we actually are not and will NEVER stop the flow. NEVER. Control and <br>partial legalization is the only answer. Let me say that I do not use <br>drugs at all, but I am a realistic person. Guns and alcohol kill more <br>people in America than drugs ever have. Oh, add war to that.<br><br>Why is it a kid can get 40 years for selling a dime bag of pot with no <br>early release but a guy that kills someone gets 4-6 or 8-10 with the <br>possibility of parole? <br><br>I really love hockey and hope that the rules changes help the casual fan <br>find the game, but we have become a society that is controlled by instant <br>gratification and video games. Hockey and baseball are cerebral sports and <br>shouldn't have to be changed so that some idiot in Kentucky finds the game <br>interesting. To me, the rules are good enough without all the other crap.<br><br>HBO is the best network on TV, bar none. Especially on Sunday nights.<br><br>DirecTv has a new offer that if you have the HD Package, you can watch up <br>to 8 games live on one screen. What could be better for a football <br>handicapper, or just the fan?<br><br><br>Until next time, thanks for reading and I will await the bashing.... LOL.<br><br>Mychal<br>AdvantageSports1.com
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Legalizing drugs would be the worst thing America could possibly do! Talk <br>about starting down the slippery slope!! That Communist over in Europe who <br>loves the Russians is the big instigator in this movement - you know - <br>George Soros!! Right up there with Osama on a list of our enemies.
    edited July 2005
    So because George Soros is one of the largest contributors and fundraisers <br>for the DNC, he now supports the drug war?<br>Publish your facts and we can discuss it further.<br>Until then, let's discuss reality.
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited July 2005
    "One last political point... anyone want to see the proof of George Bush <br>and his cocaine possession arrest? Or his slutting around while in the <br>Reserves? Maybe his DUI's?<br>Didn't think so... but impeaching Clinton for a BJ is fair game."<br>____________________________<br><br>I don't think Getting a BJ is an impeachable offense but I think should <br>have thrown all of his shit out on the White House Lawn and then left with <br>all of the fixtures to the White House sooner.....<br><br>(smile)
  • AAASportsAAASports Banned
    edited July 2005
    I don't think Getting a BJ is an impeachable offense but I think Hillary <br>should have thrown all of his shit out on the White House Lawn and <br>then left with all of the fixtures to the White House sooner..... <br><br>(smile)
    edited July 2005
    I would agree that she had grounds to toss his ass but when compared with <br>some other stuff, he wasn't impeachable. <br>In your shoes, BrickHouse would be far tougher to confront than Hillary.<br>LOL
  • ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I am not mad about the Rove thing. Clinton, his wife and many of his <br>associates did some shady things and it all basically rolled off. He had a <br>tepid impeachment, but big deal, everyone was making. Even the lowest on <br>the wage scale. <br> I agree with you about the Democrats continuing to lose ground. The <br>problem is that people associate Dems with Garafalo, Al Franken and Ted <br>Kennedy. Until there are other people that can be the face of the party, <br>then it has no chance against Republicans. <br> I am actually Republican. I voted for Dole. voted for Bush (first time). <br>But I changed when this guy not only didn't do what he said he would do <br>(uniter not a divider), but then went off and did some very damaging and <br>stupid things to this country. <br> The Bush admin. is just doing what any administration would do, they're <br>letting it blow over and it is.
  • OrlandoMagOrlandoMag Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Right on with hockey. The rules as they are were fine...All that needed to <br>be done was to actually enforce the rules, not allowing the clutch and <br>grab style of play. Let the skill players actually be able to skate <br>without having their jerseys held everytime. They did that a couple of <br>years ago and, while scoring didn't skyrocket, shots on goal went up and <br>the game was improved.
  • 19671967 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    You know I hate it when all this political bullshit starts, but I've <br>resigned myself to the fact that is going to happen, especially when the <br>owner of the site and his main moderator are very politically bent. Now <br>that I've had my say, a question. What position and what College did you <br>play for?? TIA.
  • LineWatcherLineWatcher Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I can't believe you have enough brain cells to type that many <br>thoughts....good for you! lol <br><br>Drew Dirtbag is the worst thing for the NFL. We finally have a salary cap <br>that gives football some parody, and he has to try and be Mr. Monemaker. <br>Dirtball!!<br><br>Jax
  • LineWatcherLineWatcher Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I have to go home to my pregnant wife tomorrow, so I'm going out and <br>getting hammered!!<br><br>That's my 2 cents.....have a nice night!<br><br>Jax
    edited July 2005
    Get a Buzz on, lw. Best wishes for the healthy child.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    ----interesting thoughts--- sad about that Tball thing if it's true---<br>the Dems are lost at sea without a rudder---party has swung way too far to <br>the left---they need a good "conservative" member of their party to lead <br>them out of the quagmire or its going to be another 4 to 8 for the <br>repubs,,,,<br>,I agree with legalizing drugs ,,but don't see it happenning and I realize <br>that this way has its bad points,too...<br><br>Man <I miss FOOTBALL !!!
    edited July 2005
    I was in the Class of 1988... recruited by Mack Brown, now at Texas. He <br>left the program in 1987 and took the head job at UNC. Greg Davis took <br>over for 1988.<br>I broke my leg in 1987 and sat out my last two years. A compound fracture <br>on the Superdome turf was the way it ended... free safety by the way and <br>2nd team punter.<br>We had three pratices a day from August through early fall, two outdoors <br>at the old Tulane Stadium and a night practice indoors at the Dome.<br>The old Tulane Stadium is where Tom Dempsey kicked his NFL record 63 yards <br>FG. There was a metal plaque on the field at one time, until Tulane tore <br>down the stands and field.
    edited July 2005
    Edward is not political and these are my views alone. I understand that <br>frustration occurs when people interject opinions on a public forum. If <br>you have a problem with it, I apologize.<br>That being said, the opposition side never fails to let their views be <br>known and I am comfortable presenting the liberal view. I apologize if I <br>have done anything that may be construed as politicizing, but we all have <br>an equal right to freedom of speech.
  • 19671967 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    I was just kidding with you. You and I agreed to disagree about the <br>Political stuff earlier. I thought you would get it, sorry. <br><br>As to your Tulane days, you guys played us(MSU) in 85 at our place and we <br>played yall in 86(i think) at the dome, I think we won both times and then <br>lost to you in 87 and 88. Ever get back to 'Nawlins.
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    1. God is a Rep ?<br>2. That a Talking Snake Started it all?<br>3. That Jona lived inside a whale?<br>4.A Guy got 2 of every living thing(4 billion insects types and got them <br>to fuck on a boat.)<br>5. Know what happens to you when you die.<br>
    <br>AND A CHILD SHALL LEAD THEM!
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Christianity is a way of life. I dont think any rational human takes to <br>heart the teachings of the Old testament. They were just that, <br>teachings. A framework of do unto others as you want them to do unto <br>you. Religion was and has always been a way to control the masses. A <br>form of government as we know it. That is why the separation of church <br>and state became necessary as democratic governments such as ours were <br>formed. The overall christian values and teachings are what the right is <br>about, not Jonah and the Whale or Moses. Nor the singing bush (lol). I <br>know the point you are making but please, GAY marriage? The words in <br>itself are an oxymoron. Marriage by definition cannot have two men or <br>women. My company allows for domestic partners. That is how it should <br>be. To push those views unto a government institution, AFTER it is <br>overwhelmingly voted NO (except in San Gayfrisco), is an atrocity. It <br>violates not only christian behavior and principles, but goes directly <br>against the constitution and the things the libs are trying to protect, <br>power to the people.
    edited July 2005
    When I was at Tulane we were a major independent and played all the SEC, <br>ACC and SWC schools. Regular ass kickings. However, it was great <br>experience. I saw Neyland and Tiger Stadiums and 100,000 people that were <br>on your shoulder. <br>Tulane is a school of 8,000 undergrads and overmatched most anywhere we <br>play. We have beaten LSU when they were ranked, however. That means <br>everything to a Wave.
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    To say that the abortion ruling will be overturned is another patented <br>scare tactic. Just like the new Social Security program is going to take <br>money away from current retirees.<br><br>How about mention of the unemployment rates, economy growth and housing <br>sales? Yeah, the economy is really in bad shape with W
  • OldHickOldHick Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Would someone explain to these pathetic liberals what "freedom of speech" <br>means?<br><br>I'll tell you what it does not mean. It does not mean you can say <br>whatever you want, wherever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you <br>want without any worry of consequences.<br><br>Understand?
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    Ok so I can only say things you agree with !<br>got it thanks.
  • BatMasterBatMaster Senior Member
    edited July 2005
    My Opinion:<br>Doctors kill more people than guns in the USA,<br>I don't have the figures, used to, but they're out there somewhere....<br><br>Tobacco kills more people than alcohol, but much of it is <br>unrecorded..example: the guy who<br>drops a cigarette while driving, gropes around for it, and has an <br>accident....also alcohol is<br>blamed covers for many drug caused accidentals because it's easier to <br>detect and the mad-mama's are doing "body-counts" ( like us in 'nam and <br>mid-east ) sometimes incorrectly.<br> <br>With all due respects I don't think Soro's and/or Ben Laden caused our USA <br>drug problems.<br>Reagan was correct when he said it started<br>in the 60's..