Betting Talk

Hey mmurphy

GDogGDog Senior Member
edited August 2005 in Sports Betting
Yesterday you took Atl and hou. Both favs of 220 or more. In a siutation <br>like this, would you favor playing a paraly instead.<br><br>Risk 100 to win 100. If you go 1-1 you lose 100 whereas in the staright <br>bets you would win 100 and lose 120 or more. <br>Just a thought.<br><br>What do you think?

Comments

• mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Yes, that's a very good idea - I don't do any parlays myself as I consider <br>them a bad bet much like when out in Vegas at the crap table playing the <br>Any Craps and the Field. I try to stay off any bets where the percentages <br>are stacked for the House. Yesterday after I saw that Atlanta was winning <br>comfortably I laid off half my Astro bet as I left for the day at noon to <br>go boating with my family. It turned out to be a lucky move but later I <br>felt dumb as I realized - what if Atl loses and Houst. wins? You've <br>screwed up your day royally!!! That's why I try to stick to straight up <br>betting and don't even do 1.5 runs very often. When you get up a bunch <br>what you add from a -200 favorite is just fine!
  • fishfish Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    whats for 2day hotdog???
    edited August 2005
    Now that you brought up Big Favorites, a very popular subject on this <br>board as it should be, I can give you the July numbers I've got for <br>Favorites over -150.<br>Over 200 Favorites went 21-6 in July. That means that over 200 Favorites <br>in July in the NL won 78 % of the time!!! I knew that the number was high <br>as I am never afraid to jump on a big favorite and I've never won more <br>money in my life than I have this summer betting baseball. I just am <br>surprised at this statistic!!! 78% - wow!<br>Now, when we go down to the 155 to 195 area we see a whole different <br>story. Overall the number is 26 wins and 24 loses. That's 52% for the <br>Favorites. Breaking that down more I found that in July in the NL only <br>the 155,160 & 165 favorites were 14 & 12. The 170 to 175 Favorites went 6 <br>& 5 and the 180 to 185 Favorites went 4 & 6 and the 190 and 195 Favorites <br>went 2 to 1. No explanation for the 180's going 4 & 6. That category <br>lost 6 of the first 7 games and then won the last 3 or it really would <br>have been an oddity at 1 & 6. I will try to find time to do the AL as <br>today I don't like any games much other than the Cards a little at home to <br>the Marlins but I'm still studying it!!!
  • fishfish Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    put fish on the list as a fav. of yours...<br>u can get in free all the time : to rhe "shed" that is.. u da man ...<br>how long till u thibk u pull the trigga on goossieyss team???
  • songy1songy1 Member
    edited August 2005
    murphy u da man <br><br>do you know who i am <br>its micsongy1<br><br>your tearing it up is that you
  • briansbrians Banned
    edited August 2005
    Very good stats on those big favorites and you have to remember that its <br>still pick and choose.<br><br>In other words 21-6 those 6 you might not even bet them.<br><br>Saw something very similiar early May and thats when i started looking at <br>them serious. It was like 72% in May.<br><br>Good job.
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    which arguably can be high, for favorites that were 200 or greater in July <br>they went 44-17 winning at 724%. The problem is that those wins would <br>bring you back 44 units but you would lose 38.30 units for a net of +5.7. <br>Obviosuly making money but still risky proposition to only return 4% on <br>over 139 units.
    edited August 2005
    Good Point Brian! Looking at the numbers we see that in East there were 29 <br>Favorites and 40 in the Central and only 7 games in the West Division in <br>July with a Favorite over -150. 4 of those 7 were Losers by the way. <br>Looking at the 6 over -200 Losers we find:<br>SD Home to SF Peavy vs. Correai SD 2 SF 3 -280L<br>Wash Hm to Colo Hern Vs. Jenn. Wsh 2 CO 3 -230L<br>Fla Hm to Mil Beck vs. Capu. Fla 4 Mil 6 -200L<br>Hou Hm Mets Osw vs. Ishii H 4 NYM 9 -240 Lost<br>Chic Hm Wash Zamb vs.Drese Chic 4 Wash 5 -205L<br>Stl Hm Colo Marq vs.Wright Stl 1 CO 3 -250L<br>San Diego hasn't been winning much and Wash. certainly isn't so those two <br>being over -200 is a risky thing for sure. StL was 0ver -200 3 in a row <br>home to Colo and won 2 out of the 3 which is about all you can expect.