Betting Talk

Site Rules & Policies/W2BO

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited August 2005 in Sports Betting
I do the very best job I can running this forum. Lately, I have had to <br>make tough decisions seemingly on a daily basis. I may not always see eye <br>to eye with everyone, but I always try to explain my reasoning and be <br>straight forward with people. <br><br>It is well documented that lawsuits have been filed against other forums <br>for having service plays posted. W2BO has been rumored as being part of <br>this. Having their plays exempt from the service thread benefits the <br>forum in two ways: 1) We have W2BO staff contribute and interact on a <br>regular basis and 2) The forum may avoid any legal action against it. <br><br>If you guys still can't understand this, or do not think this decision is <br>best for the forum, then I don't know what else to say. Ultimately, I am <br>the one that has to be accountable for what happens here, no one else.<br><br>All of the site rules and policies are there for a reason. People need to <br>respect that.<br><br> <br>Edward

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2005
    Dylan, <br><br>I have made every effort to explain my decision making with you. <br><br>I can't make everyone happy, I understand that people are going to be <br>upset, but in order to participate in this forum, you must respect the <br>rules and policies that have been set forth. <br><br><br>Edward
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    You do a very good job and this board is the only one I post on as it's <br>well regulated. We're all very lucky to have such a site to exchange out <br>baseball views on!
  • mmurphy77mmurphy77 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    By the way, I have no interest whatsoever in what any service has to say. <br>They are just as often right or wrong so I just don't see the edge. That <br>being said, in Football I alway buy the old mainstay services just for the <br>stat's - If I'm on my Vikings for instance I need to know that they've <br>lost 10 in a row at home to Green Bay and the GOld Sheet or Winning Points <br>will give me that stuff. But, the online info is so good so there's so <br>much of it for free that I feel no need to subscribe to anything. I also <br>know from many years of following Wall Street that we have to do our own <br>picking in the end. No one can win with someone else's picks. We all <br>need to develop a system that works for us only and that includes money <br>management as well as picks.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Probelm solved. Maybe we'll have less bickering and more capping. I feel <br>like I'm on a grade school web site. This is a great site and a lot of <br>bad things have been happening this summer on here, mainly because of he <br>services thread. <br><br>Just one man's opinion.
  • GDogGDog Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    I can accept that reasoning (the lawsuit). If oyu are trying to protect <br>your ass from some bullshit cappers and their lawyers, that is OK with <br>me. But that should have been stated from the get go.<br>Dylan, I disagree with you, in the fact that all these others cappers may <br>not give a shit if their plays are posted, so they won't be coming after <br>them. If The Prez is gonna cause a stink, and threaten your business with <br>lawsuits...then who needs the hassle.<br>ONly thing I would do differently is...while not allowing W2Bo service <br>plays, I would also not allow W2BO to post on here.<br>WHy would you allow someone that is trheatening to sue you, to advertise <br>(post) on your site.<br>Actually, now that I am writing this, this really makes no freaking sense <br>at all. but it did when I started typing. Oh well,. I'm all confused now.<br>I gotta go.<br><br>However there is one loophole. We may not be able to post their plays, <br>but we CAN post the fades. "I am fading the PRez and this is who I am <br>betting on"
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited August 2005
    We have not been threatened by W2BO or anyone else. If anything I tried <br>to take a proactive approach with this. We get the daily contributions <br>and get to keep our service thread up (for the time being), and W2BO gets <br>to keep their plays off the forum. Like I said before, I think everyone <br>wins this way.<br><br><br>Edward
  • GDogGDog Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    OK. Good approach
  • elysse1elysse1 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    I look with great anticipation of any lawsuits brought by sports services <br>regarding having their plays posted.<br>Bottom line is gambling outside of Nevada is illegal, and thus sports <br>services themselves are on shaky ground.<br>Also, I can't see how giving out the names of teams(without writeups) is <br>illegal.<br>As I have always said, I think it is more liklely that if one of these <br>lawsuits even got to court, judge would laugh at the case or more likely <br>ask the service bringing about the suit what its lock of the day was.<br>On the other hand if case got to court, and services LOSE, then they are <br>DEAD FOREVER!
  • BigJoeBigJoe Banned
    edited August 2005
    wow this is getting nuts.<br>how i see it:<br>who2 got pissed off the last 6 weeks because we have posted everything <br>from all there cappers they had here for free.<br><br>guees what<br>they are trying to sell football packages now<br>why buy it when you can get it right here at BT for free.<br><br>so who2 comes to Edward and says<br>hey we will post a cappers card for free daily<br>and throw you a free one<br><br>no more of are stuff posted.<br><br>question:<br>where were they 3 months ago when this forum was not posting the who2 <br>stuff daily.<br><br>they don't give a rats ass about anybody here<br>THEY JUST DON'T WANT THERE STUFF POSTED....
  • BatMasterBatMaster Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Hey, I don't want W2BO picks..he's probably just another scamdicappr..I'd <br>rather have the fades from someone we can trust like Dylan,<br>if it's 1 vs 10 W2BObrand picks we don' need their names..just the <br>"fades"..<br><br>Edwrd I understand where ya'll are coming from,<br>If W2BO is like most of the vegas boiler room services it is very doubtful <br>they would chance<br>appearing in a courtroom..too much to hide..<br>not to mention- that's not classified information--if buys it it' theirs <br>to share--market beware....and I'll bet there are<br>plenty lawyers who would take them on "pro bono"..for publicity or other <br>valid reasons, like a contigency counter-suit...think about the wifey <br>whose husband lost his paycheck on their --- ---- !!<br>and she just happens to a friend of....
  • elysse1elysse1 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    From my perspective the best thing that could happen would be for one of <br>these slimy services bring about a lawsuit and lose on some grounds and <br>then for someone else to countersue a lying dirtbag service like Jack <br>Price aka Corey Black or Johnny Demarco, etc. for lying about their record <br>and/or misrepresenting themselves and win. I would be thrilled if that <br>happened.