Betting Talk

Question

ProduceProduce Banned
edited August 2005 in Sports Betting
I still cant figure out why more bettors dont use a system. People go nuts <br>when someone like big joe goes on a decent run in WNBA. But playing his <br>plays at 1 unit each, what are you up, maybe 20-25 units total?<br><br>Who has done well this year in baseball that I can use for this example? I <br>dont know of anyone that is having an incredible season in bases. Dubs <br>fell off the planet like everyone knew would happen, big joe came back <br>down to earth with his totals, a few people like "teaser" but he is around <br>24 units now and was at the same spot over a month ago. <br><br><br>Only the system players are up big units so far this year. Im not using my <br>system as the only example and I havent played it nearly long enough to <br>know 100% if it is usable and will work out in the long run. But Im at 34 <br>units since roughly a week before the all-star break. LIR ended the year <br>up 160ish units and he is already done for the year. I dont know 1 capper <br>on this board that can claim to be up over 50 units that is playing 1 unit <br>per game and not the 5 unit bullshit. <br><br><br>Doesnt it just make sense to you guys. Im just getting heavy into <br>handicapping over the last few months. I have put in a shit load of time <br>and research to figure out the best way to go about it and I know that it <br>is a system that works. There is a shit load out there that dont, but once <br>you find one that does and is within your unit limits then you have a <br>winner!<br><br><br>Can someone please bounce a few stupid reasons why everyone isnt playing <br>systems off me? Thanks

Comments

• ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Because your political views suck EOM
  • LetItRideLetItRide Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    I think a lot of it has to do with the risk involved. I hate to say it, <br>but many people gamble with money they can't afford to lose. Then when you <br>get to a game 5 or 6 and are risking 70+ units to win just one unit??? A <br>lot of guys can't get around that type of thinking. I can hardly say I <br>blame them.<br><br>Another reason is that you might be trying make your unit play too big. If <br>you don't start out a season like gangbusters (aka this baseball season), <br>and if you don't have the bankroll to back yourself, you are already out <br>of the game. <br><br>It takes a TON of discipline, and you have to play it accordingly. <br>Otherwise, you can be hosed very quickly. That's just my .02.
  • GDogGDog Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    HOw can you say "and not that 5 unit bullshit". I agree, plays should be <br>based on one unit...$100. But to say that and then use LIR as an example <br>, is a contradiction. On the 3rd play of an LIR system (which I fully <br>support) you are up to 4 units. Then 8 units, if it loses (not ncluding <br>extra to cover the juice)<br><br>I think you will be hard pressed to find any capper, pro or novice, that <br>will win 30 units in one season based on a single unit play. What BigJOe <br>is doing right now in the WNBA is amazing. Up 33 units (which inclused <br>-110 juice)is exceptional. If you converted this into Scamdicappers <br>units, you are talking "UP +165 UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. If you are a nickel <br>player you are up over $82,000." But I'll address this at another time.<br><br>So,I know you were not knocking BigJOe, but I just wnated you to realize <br>what he is doing right now is better than any system I have ever seen (in <br>that you have slightly less to gain, buut significantly much less to risk).<br><br>And I guess in summary, I haven't seen a system that produces 100+ units <br>risking just one unit per play. Yea, I guess that is all I was trying to <br>say. Sure took a lot of hot air to say it though
  • NEJimNEJim Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    As LIR said DISCIPLIN I Know your system is doing well and was happy to <br>see us on the same side on some games on Tues, but back to the playing <br>blindly thing just could not play a game that <br>I like the other side.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited August 2005
    by 5 unit bullshit this is what I mean.<br><br><br>Some people that post plays post every play as 5 units. They rarely, if <br>ever play 1 unit plays. Therefore, being up 100 units isnt that big of <br>deal if you say that every play is 5 units rather than 1 unit. LIR and I <br>play to win 1 unit, not 5 units. Other people say that each play is 5 <br>units, because they are too fucking stupid to realize that their 5 units <br>is actually 1 unit.<br><br><br>And by the way, 1 unit does not equal $100. 1 unit equals your base wager <br>amount. <br><br><br>And to say that you dont know any cappers that win 30 units + a year is <br>silly. Most of the system plays are winning that on a consistant basis. <br><br><br>I might be jacking myself off, but Im up 34 units since roughly the <br>all-star break. I honestly think I can hit 100 units by the end of the <br>year without over doing myself with games I should bet. <br><br><br>In those 34 wins, Ive only went to game 3 one time. <br><br><br><br>And like LIR was saying earlier. The reason that most people probably dont <br>play system is the disapline that it takes. Most people cant stand to not <br>cap their own games. LIR is a fucking machine in MLB and NBA. To cap your <br>ass off all year to try and win 30 units is hilarious when he is making <br>100+ without issue.<br><br><br>Keep those thoughts coming!!! I like it
  • 19671967 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    I'm not trying to annoy you, but, just what is "your" system? I really <br>have not paid attention and I'm curious. BOL.
  • ProduceProduce Banned
    edited August 2005
    Not sure what you would call my system but this is what it is.<br><br><br>I basically just wait for series in baseball where a team is very unlikely <br>to get swept but at the same time not laying a shit load of juice like <br>-200.<br><br>Teams like the mets, braves, houston, etc that are all likely to win <br>atleast 1 of 3 against anyone but not lay the huge juice.<br><br>I play to win 1 unit, and increase my bet until I win that unit, stopping <br>at the 3rd game. <br><br>I have only went to 1 game 3 so far and I have won 34 units so far with 2 <br>plays pending in game 2s. <br><br>I do spend a little time handicapping each series, but Im not busting my <br>balls day in and day out to handicap a shit load of games only to find <br>myself somewhere near even at the end of the year.<br><br><br>If you have anymore questions Id be happy to answer them. The system is <br>"betting the farm" which is pretty much posted daily. This week we had 9 <br>plays to start the week with. We went 7-2 on day 1, closing out 7 series <br>is huge. Now we just need the Yanks and Texas to win a game in their <br>series' to get to 9 units for the week.
  • 19671967 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    For a Dumbass like me, who is not to keen on "system" plays, give me a <br>couple examples. I would like real examples. Show me the progression on a <br>great series and then one of your closer called series of bets. I don't <br>follow systems, but I'm really curious. Any help is appreciated. BOL