Betting Talk

Lets get the NFL under way..***3 unit play***

BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
edited August 2005 in Sports Betting
My unit postings are as follow. 1,2,3 and 5 units. I dont have a 4 unit <br>play, dont know why, just that the 5 unit plays will only happen about 4-5 <br>per year. The 5 units are when all the stars line up with my capping <br>methods. <br><br>To have a 3 Unit play in preseason, and certainly the first game of the <br>year is about as strong as it gets for me. If you follow my play I would <br>bet it know to get max line value as it already has begun to move. <br><br>My NFL last year was ok. Hit about 50% but the big unit plays did best. <br>NCAA was outstanding, hitting 66% over the course of the year. <br><br>Atlanta +3. I did a big writeup at BT a week or so ago on this game and <br>will copy and paste the night before. Here are the basics. <br><br>QB- One of the biggest factors in betting preseason is QB rotation. Once <br>you get past Vick and Manning, Atlanta has a big advantage. Schaub is a <br>better QB than Sorgi and lit up the preseason last year. Detmer is better <br>than whoever Indy puts in 3rd (one kid from N Arizona, the other from John <br>Carroll U.). <br><br>Coaching- Mora approaches preseason as no joke. He equates a strong <br>preseason to a fast start. Dungy looks at preseason as a tune up and <br>tryouts for certain positions. <br><br>Skilled positions- RB Basically even. The Edge wont play much, Warrick and <br>Duckett should see a little more time. Back ups on both teams are <br>marginal, slight edge to Indy with Mungroe, Rhodes and some solid rookies. <br>WR-THis is the area Atlanta is looking at. They have a HUGE WR battle <br>going with Jenkins, White, White (first rounder), Price and Finneran. Mora <br>has already announced the two starting WR spots as wide open, trying to <br>get Price motivated. Schaub will hook up often against the second and 3rd <br>stringers of Indys already suspect defense. Wayne, Harrison and Stokely <br>are locked in for Indy, dont look for them to play too much. <br><br>Overall-Atlanta has the advantage everywhere except at 1st string QB. Once <br>these teams get into the depth chart I see Atl moving the ball where as <br>Indy will run the ball. <br><br>Finally- 70% of the betting action is coming on Indy, yet the line has <br>moved down to Indy -2 at Pinny (where the sharps are). A good value in <br>this game would be playing Atlanta in quarters or 2nd half also, but I am <br>taking the ML with the Falcons. <br><br>Atlanta +3 (buy) 3 Units <br><br>NFL (0-0) <br>NCAA (0-0)

Comments

• rock2rock2 Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Re: THANK GOD FOOTBALL IS HERE GOOD WRITE UP
  • ryphiryphi Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    I agree. Shaub was really good last year in preseason. It made me wonder <br>if they should even play Vick when Matt Schaub is that good.
  • BookiefitsBookiefits Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Starting COlts center Jeff Saturday is probably out for this game. Means <br>they have to go a little further into the depth chart at center, which can <br>be a bad thing with fumbled snaps, blocking assignments and crap like <br>that.