Betting Talk

Coll Foots season totals play ...

ChemicalATChemicalAT Senior Member
edited August 2005 in Sports Betting
Yesterday I gave out Purdue and Cal as two "over" season total wins bets. <br>Today, I am adding another "over" to that list. <br><br> MIAMI "over 9 -105"<br><br> I don't think Miami's defense is getting enough credit. I just read an <br>article yesterday that said three of the nine returning starters on <br>defense are actually now second string heading into fall practice. One of <br>them is senior safety Greg Threat, who was voted to the preseason all-ACC <br>team. Well, he's second string entering practice. So is kick return stud <br>Devin Hester, who was slated to start at one of the corners. <br> Anyway, this should tell you something - Miami is absolutely loaded on <br>defense. But there's more to this bet than that. Every once in a while a <br>program has a player that in many ways holds it down. The coaches and fans <br>are well aware there is a ceiling to this player's ability and you just <br>have to grin and bear it until he graduates. That player for Miami was <br>Brock Berlin. Well, that era is now over and the Miami offense can now get <br>on with things. Super recruit Kyle Wright should take over at QB with <br>Kirby Freeman pushing him. The rest of the skill players are also talented <br>as you would expect at Miami. I am expecting Miami to put much more of an <br>emphasis on developing the run this year before ever thinking about the <br>pass. That's what you do with a new QB and this could actually make <br>Miami's offense very potent in the process.<br> What I like about Miami's offense this season is that at every position <br>there's a potential breakout player. I don't think you could say last year <br>as Tyrone Moss had to wait behind Frank Gore, Wright had to wait behind <br>Berlin and the receivers didn't have Ryan Moore. <br> Schedule is always an important consideration when making these plays, <br>and Miami's lays out perfectly. <br> The opener at Florida State is actually shaping up as one of the better <br>side wagers of the season and the Canes only have four road games the rest <br>of the way after that. The game at VaTech in early November is the only <br>game I don't feel good about. But Miami is not without a fighting chance <br>there. I fully expect Miami to be undefeated going into that game and if <br>they lose it, only a game at Wake and home against Virginia stands in the <br>way of this bet being a winner. Miami will be prohibitive favorites in <br>those two games and the only game I see on the Canes schedule where they <br>might not be favored is VaTech.

Comments

• MarquisMarquis Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Your dead on here chem, love it, kirby freeman is supposed to be a <br>monster!
  • LuvtheHypeLuvtheHype Senior Member
    edited August 2005
    Even though I am not a Miami fan, I think your right and have to give you <br>credit on that one. They will have a good year. Keep me informed on the <br>season. I am looking forward to college and pro ball this fall.