Betting Talk

Blast From the Past..........

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited August 2018 in Sports Betting
How's it going fellows. Been kind of AWOL the last 2 seasons, I have moved on to other hobbies,, but still keep up heavily with sports, just havent been wagering much. May try and be a little more active this football season. Back for 2 reasons, one will be in a different thread, but wanted to drop off a college season win total bet that I played pretty heavy.

Arkansas State Over 8.5 -1.45

My first wager at the new sports book in Tunica, Ms Saturday. They use MGM lines, so this was my juice, I know its higher in some places. I like his a lot because of 2 reasons, returning talent, and a very favorable schedule. First the talent. This team wil be loaded on the offensive side of the ball, returning one of the nations best QB's in Justice Hansen, a 2 year starter and a Sr. Hansen set all kinds of school records last season, and is poised to have another record breaking season. He will be surrounded by an OL that returns 4 of 5 starters, the top 2 RB's, along with a true freshman RB that is having a fantastic fall camp, and will play a lot. Also they have what many consider to be the deepest WR corp in the non power 5 conferences. They have added big time transfers from Oklahoma and Boise, along with what they already had coming back. There are 4 guys in the 6'3-6'6 range, along with some talented, smaller slot receivers. There are question marks on the defensive side of the ball at LB and CB, with quite a bit of inexperience there, but a deep and talented DL should help take some of the pressure off there, and if all else fails, they should be able to out score most opponents. My biggest issue, and IMO if they fail to win 9 games, will be on the coaching staff. Im not a big fan of Blake Anderson's on field coaching. The guy can recruit, but lack of discipline has held this team back in each of his 4 seasons. ASU has been in the bottom 5 for 4 straight years in penalties per game, constantly hurting themselves with personal fouls, and stupid mistakes. There has been an increased ficus this summer and fall, on personal accountability, and cleaning up stupid mistakes, so hopefully that carries over to the field, but its my biggest concern. As for the schedule, they are really starting out 1-1, with Missouri St being a sure win, and Bama being a sure loss. They should be a favorite in each of the other 10 games. Tulsa on the road will be the key game in the season, IMO. Its on the road, where ASU has struggled badly out of conference. Tulsa was 2-10 last season, and there is no doubt ASU will be the more talented team, so week 3 will be a huge game to watch. The conference schedule is very easy, with Troy not being on the schedule, and App St being at home. Everything is in place for a 10-2, or at worst a 9-3 season. Obviously things like injuries can play a role, so good luck if you bet it. Good to be back!

Belter

Comments

• LancerLancer Senior Member
    edited August 2018
    Thx belter! Great to see you posting, many here have missed your insight!