Betting Talk

that error was odd on the CFL

danshandanshan Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Sports Betting
I noticed the eskimos +8 and I was like bet bet bet !
but the funny thing is 2 or 3 books had the same mistake. I actually placed the bet at BOL. I am sure it will cancel but 2 or 3 different books had the eskimos +8ish.
I know I am naive but are they connected it was Heritage, BOL and 5dimes

Comments

• R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    That's probably because Heritage and 5Dimes do not make their own lines and Bookmaker was not up yet. They will sometimes put up overnights off BOL and then they all move off Bookmaker when they come out. They are usually too afraid to do that and that is why.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    funny, I was super confused, when it came out and got all excited. Interesting they feed off BOL and then adjust for bookmakers and pinny comes in later and splits the difference and finishes off the lines until close
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    That is unusual. They were just wanting to get up apparently and had confidence in BOL. Pinnacle normally waits well until Bookmaker gets their lines kicked around a little. Both Heritage and 5Dimes want to get up early lines to be attractive to small bettors.
    edited July 2018
    but I mean they must do it blindly, they all 3 had the wrong favorite. I mean I had Eskimos -10 on my line and they all came out Eskimos +8 plusattachment.php?attachmentid=419&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

weird it seems if they blindly come in a half point leaning both ways seems like an opportunity to get some love there when they come out
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, they do. Normally they would not make a mistake that bad but they obviously know nothing about CFL. They would not make that kind of mistake with college football.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    What is even funnier is that line was up 4 minutes at +9 and got bet down to 8.5 and then got bet down 8 a couple of minutes later and then went to -125 before they realized it was off and they took it down to re-evaluate. I'm not sure they even knew it was wrong.
    edited July 2018
    LOL, I was part of that crew, LOL betting my ass off like I knew something, funny dumb I am! How about my wnba at the break, looking really good, only problem I got is my record is off now on BT because I was betting when I was not posting and now I need to calculate the WNBA record. again!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    LOL, I was part of that crew, LOL betting my ass off like I knew something, funny dumb I am! How about my wnba at the break, looking really good, only problem I got is my record is off now on BT because I was betting when I was not posting and now I need to calculate the WNBA record. again!

It gets even funnier. BOL pulled theirs down but Heritage kept it up and just got blasted the whole time until BOL came back up.
    edited July 2018
    they wont honor those bets right?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    they wont honor those bets right?

I don't know. They did not take them down so I am guessing you get to keep it.
    edited July 2018
    BOL has not cancelled mine yet, I mean pitcher changes they take a day to cancel but its not cancelled yet, I bet max 3 times and tried again and it was down LOL

- - - Updated - - -

what is funny too is Pinny is sitting on that 7.5 all other sites are now 9 for that game, its like they are all messed up on this game for some reason!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I think they might take the hit. They took a lot of action on the bets and moved off the line so they will probably honor them and someone will not be doing that job any longer.
    edited July 2018
    shit I wish that is good money, now that is CLV, LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I got Edmonton -10 on that game fyi

- - - Updated - - -

and that calgary game people are betting it down from 47.5 because of some awesome defense but I got it it 51ish and I bet it moves back
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Pinnacle looks like it might be a decent bet. I am guessing they are moving.
    edited July 2018
    I have not seen that much space on a CFL game and that is why I say its weird stuff on this particular game, 7.5 is a steal on that game for sure

- - - Updated - - -

i mean -127 is pretty steep not sure what that is for cfl but it is a steep 7.5
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Yes. Not a lot a value there but interesting they are holding there because I don't think they are too sharp on CFL probably.
    edited July 2018
    its a good bet, I got it there at -7 but -7.5 is a good bet

- - - Updated - - -
    R40 wrote: »
    Yes. Not a lot a value there but interesting they are holding there because I don't think they are too sharp on CFL probably.

I really think it will get closer to 10
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I had not looked very closely at 5 Dimes but they opened +10 20 minutes before BOL. So they created their own line and BOL then came out with the same bad error perhaps keying off of them. This is the biggest screw-up I have ever seen.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Both 5Dimes and BOL came up with incredibly bad lines independently of one another but established a total that has never moved for the game. They then took down the lines and independently came up with different lines.

My theory on this is that BOL and 5Dimes linesmakers are good friends and were out smoking the same bad crack the night before.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    It's pretty clear since the total did not move that 5Dimes opened opposite. BOL was surprised by 5Dimes opening before them and wanted to get a line up so just copied. Then Heritage saw two lines were up and opened and they were all sitting there with numbers that had no idea were wrong. Since it was CFL it wasn't much noticed so they just took steady action and thought the number was adjusting but the hits just kept coming until they realized they had the number wrong and took it down and then the other took it down. Heritage just kept taking hits.

None of them can claim bad line because it was an opener and the line is what they say it is and they have to take bets on it.
    edited July 2018
    all of my bets are still alive, currently but BOL is always slow to cancel
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018

They can't cancel because it was their number. That is the risk of putting up openers. If you can't do it right, you just have to stop doing them.

Even if they put up 44 instead of 4, they take the bet. They take it down as fast as possible but that is what they made the number.

If they are opposite on the market, they can cancel.
    edited July 2018
    I bet they cancel, I am 99% sure they will cancel

- - - Updated - - -

this place is a graveyard, wow, ghost town, I see the tumble weeds
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I bet they cancel, I am 99% sure they will cancel

- - - Updated - - -

this place is a graveyard, wow, ghost town, I see the tumble weeds

They won't. Not even Heritage will cancel I don't think. They know it was their mistake and the loss of credibility is not worth it. They can't even say they were off market because both BOL and 5Dimes had the same number.

BOL whole business is based on openers. They can't pick and choose which ones they will honor. They put it up and they will honor it. That is why they have limits.

If it was college game, they would have been blasted so fast and so hard it would have come down immediately.
    edited July 2018
    I kept betting and betting and usually it changes right away like the line moves from like -110 to -115 or someething but no it just stayed -110 +8
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2018

And just maybe they're freerolling you.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I kept betting and betting and usually it changes right away like the line moves from like -110 to -115 or someething but no it just stayed -110 +8

Yes. They thought it was a good number. They moved off of it. They have no basis for cancelling.
    edited July 2018
    kdog wrote: »
    And just maybe they're freerolling you.

I believe it could be that! I gotta believe a zillion people bet it
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I haven't read the whole thread so excuse me if I'm a little off base the thread seems to be going in circles but if you think they put out a number that's obviously way out of line and you think they're going to honor it. I hope so but I don't think so and if your dealing with far away places they'll do what they want and there's nothing you can do. In future just my opinion if you see a mistake like that you should tell them.
    There's no way to tell but I don't think a zillion people bet it for obvious reasons.

In the meantime lets stick a CFL play in here #364 Friday 7/27 Under 54 Toronto/Winnipeg
    edited July 2018
    what are the obvious reasons zillions would not bet a line off by 18 points?

- - - Updated - - -

seems like a really good bet to me! I doubt and double doubt they will honor it