Betting Talk

for the Soccer guys

danshandanshan Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Sports Betting
I was playing around with MLS trying to make something and I got a little confused, please enjoy making fun of my ignorance!
3 way
Team A -175
Team B +300
Draw +250

Team C -115
Team D +270
Draw +260

that to me seems odd, how can the probabiltiy of a draw still be so similar in obviously different talent matches

I mean for the American non soccers AKA me
the browns play bengals pretty good chance a tie because they both suck
browns play the patriots not a good chance at all they tie because Patriots dont suck

can someone enlighten me to this, I am sure I am missing something easy but any help appreciated

Comments

• PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I’m not a soccer expert but I would guess it has more to do with the volume in points/goals. Football games are in the 20-30’s where soccer is a few goals or none.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    but in that scenario above doesnt it seem like Team A has a way way better chance of not drawing than Team C?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    There is a Pinnacle soccer article about draws you might want to read. Teams that are good at defense are far more likely to have low scoring games and draws so the style of play of the two teams could create different draw odds. So a good defensive team is more likely to have a draw even though they are less likely to win. Be sure and put this in your model.
    edited July 2018
    LOL, its funny but I love this model, it is so much different and seems awesome, I bought Atlanta earlier at -238 and now its like -260 and I got Salt Lake at -230ish and its at -200 and it will move my way for sure, this MLS seems easy not sure on the margin though, LOL
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    LOL, its funny but I love this model, it is so much different and seems awesome, I bought Atlanta earlier at -238 and now its like -260 and I got Salt Lake at -230ish and its at -200 and it will move my way for sure, this MLS seems easy not sure on the margin though, LOL

This is a handicapping angle danshan so not your strong suit.
    edited July 2018
    I hope it is something good!!!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't like the odds on this one.
    edited July 2018
    very strange the MLS odds stayed the same all night, they did not change, weird, weird is that normal for MLS??