Betting Talk

NFL Fantasy Playoff Question

BiggTBiggT Senior Member
edited December 2016 in Sports Betting
Would you play at QB

Roethlisberger at Cinny or Carson Palmer home vs New Orleans

also would you play at TE

Ladarus Green at Cinny or Witten home vs T.B.

I'm leaning Palmer at home because I'm not liking Big Ben outside in cold Cinny and same as Witten at home

Thanks and good luck with your plays and Happy Holidays

Comments

• warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I have the same problem at TE but I'm gonna go with green because he has more upside for a big performance and trust Big Ben more then dak if he plays the whole game

Plus cincy has given up the 3rd most fantasy points to the TE
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Palmer and not super close for me.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    BiggT wrote: »

I'm leaning Palmer at home because I'm not liking Big Ben outside in cold Cinny

Funny how there's still the 'cold-affects-performance' bias out there. Wind and rain affect performance negatively....cold doesn't.

To me it's more about Road Ben vs Home Palmer.....thus Palmer.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited December 2016
    I would not sit Palmer and Green in those juicy matchups, I have them both ranked over Ben and Witten anyway this week.

Palmer at home in the Dome in December against NO. I expect Le'Von to get a ton of work again in a revenge game for him.

I also love the upside and big play potential with Green this week, especially at the TE position. Of course you always have to factor in how you matchup with your opponent and if think you need more upside options or safer options. Normally Witten would be a nice safe play but been inconsistent all year and bad last four games for fantasy.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I'll jump in with my big decision...

Need to start 2 of these 3. 6 for TDs, 1 pt every 10 yards, 5 point bonus if 100 yards.

Cooks/NO playing @ Arizona
    Adams/GB playing @ Chicago
    Landry/MIA playing @ NY Jets

As for the OP's questions...I think it's nearly a coin flip between the QBs, but I'd lean Palmer. Also think the TEs are close, but I'd go Green.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    TommyL wrote: »

Need to start 2 of these 3. 6 for TDs, 1 pt every 10 yards, 5 point bonus if 100 yards.

I would go Adam's and Landry. Of the 3, I think cooks is the least likely to go for 15+ and make you really regret sitting him.
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I would go Adam's and Landry. Of the 3, I think cooks is the least likely to go for 15+ and make you really regret sitting him.

Scratch that, totally forgot about tannehill. Cooks and Landry becomes a lot closer, might actually lean cooks without tannehill
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2016

I have Cooks and Landry too, sitting them both. Adam Thielen was still available in my league. Higher certainty of getting my 13-14 points. Cooks and Landry have higher ceilings, but Thielen's floor is steadier.
  • ACE10ACE10 Member
    edited December 2016

As for the OP's questions...I think it's nearly a coin flip between the QBs, but I'd lean Palmer. Also think the TEs are close, but I'd go Green.

Cooks and Adams. They have elite QB's and Jarvis never scores TD's. Good luck to all in the playoffs.

On a sidenote, for those still alive...I picked ATL in my survivor pool. 80 out of 110 also picked them this week. We have to lock in on Thursday. Huge pool for years and there has never been this many people alive this deep into season.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    TE I have Ertz and Reed...Ertz is the safe play and I have Brady/Brown/D Johnson/Shady and 10 pts already from Baldwin..
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2016
    ACE10 wrote: »
    On a sidenote, for those still alive...I picked ATL in my survivor pool. 80 out of 110 also picked them this week. We have to lock in on Thursday. Huge pool for years and there has never been this many people alive this deep into season.

Still alive in two survivors. One has 4 left, but it continues into the playoffs if there are still people alive. I'm going with Buffalo, and saving Atlanta for week 1 of the playoffs (think that's a better option than going with Atlanta this week, since I don't see that big of a difference between ATL and BUF). I'm set-up well there, as I still have NE and PIT to hopefully use the next two weeks. In my big one, down to 46 and need to take 2 teams this week. I've got ATL and BUF. That was pretty much a no-brainer (only other choice was DAL for me as I've already used SEA), but it gets a lot tougher next week.