Betting Talk

nba 16/17

12346»

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    As much as i want to bet this game i wont. My line is gsw -11.74 and just to far from the posted line.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    jets96 wrote: »
    As much as i want to bet this game i wont. My line is gsw -11.74 and just to far from the posted line.
    I know what you mean--my line was -12.44
    edited June 2017
    did you bet it ???
    Question , have you ever compared your line when i posted my lines for other games ?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    jets96 wrote: »
    did you bet it ???
    Question , have you ever compared your line when i posted my lines for other games ?
    I guess I don't understand the seeming vitriol in your response. I was just supporting your position that my line too, was off by more than it should have been. I thought, even further off than yours. But yes, I did bet Golden State -7, but I lost on the over 223. I'll make sure to no longer respond to/in your thread.
    edited June 2017
    Bucky , what i mean is , there arent many people who post their lines...am just curious if you compare notes, i dont mind if you respond in this thread, matter of fact am glad you did.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Bucky, from one old guy to another I think you took jets response the wrong way.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Jets96, I'm hoping you can bear with me on this question: when you say your line is gsw -11.74 , what exactly does that mean? Why wouldn't a line of -11.74 on gsw , with the books offering -7.5, indicate a clear bet on gsw?
    edited June 2017
    The market is so efficient the farther away I am with my line the worse my record is. I know some say they need more points away for a play but if my model ends up 3 pts or less to the close ,i know am on the right track ,2 would be great. Its even more now that gsw won game one ,my rating moved exactly like the line did.

good luck
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited June 2017
    Ah, OK, thanks!
    edited June 2017
    710 gsw -9 ....my line is gsw -12.99...

luck