Betting Talk

anyone else tired of OT...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
Seems as if every under i've had the last few days is killed by OT. Curious, have books ever tried offering totals lines that didn't include OT? Interesting concept to offer an alternative if even feasible.

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Maybe start tossing some on yes there will be overtime on live betting screen to possible hedge your jet a little bit if you think it's a possibility. Some nice opportunities at half if it's more than a 6 point lead for one team. Just sucks watching your under because it never fails, as soon as they crowd halfcourt you tell yourself everything but this can happen for me to win and inevitably the "but" part always happens.
  • Walt's WharfWalt's Wharf Member
    edited January 2016
    Only 105 of 1925 lined games have gone to OT this year, and of those 105 games, 18 of them still went under in OT (including last night's Maryland-Northwestern game). So, 87 games (4.5%) with totals this year have had a possibility of being affected by overtime. You have to figure that probably half of those 87 games already went over in regulation, which leaves us with 43 or 44 games where OT shifted a result from an under to an over. That's 2.2% of all games.

Coaches who continue to press/foul in the final minutes down 15+ is a much larger issue. :)
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    between college and nba has been my case the last few days... finished off the night having the 2nd half under in the SDSU game. is what it is... i'll receive the benefit i'm sure on some OT overs to balance out soon enough.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    HOFSTRA BABY!
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    You have to figure that probably half of those 87 games already went over in regulation,

You think so?
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited January 2016
    If given a choice, would you swap all 2H plays to count only regulation?
    edited January 2016
    jm wrote: »
    HOFSTRA BABY!

Do you really think the OP shares "in your face" joy when you luck out a 2nd half total?
    edited January 2016
    Tortuga wrote: »

No, but Kashmir would for sure.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Tortuga wrote: »

Yes, I only play Unders so over-time is never a good thing for me. They should at least have an OT prop on all games (NBA) of course the bet is -E but in a low spread game with two teams that play defense OT is always a factor and always has to be considered that it may happen more so then a higher spread game when betting an Under. Don't misunderstand you can't hanicap OT but it's more likely to happen with a low spread. I don't expect OT in the Cleve/Bklyn game.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    No, but Kashmir would for sure.

I sure would. I leave myself enough room to expect 6% of NBA games going to OT, which has been standard for awhile now.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Yes, I only play Unders so over-time is never a good thing for me. They should at least have an OT prop on all games (NBA) of course the bet is -E but in a low spread game with two teams that play defense OT is always a factor and always has to be considered that it may happen more so then a higher spread game when betting an Under. Don't misunderstand you can't hanicap OT but it's more likely to happen with a low spread. I don't expect OT in the Cleve/Bklyn game.

I was worried with the subject that this was going to be a thread bitching about you (though I know that newcombe would never do that).
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Do you really think the OP shares "in your face" joy when you luck out a 2nd half total?

The gambling gods took care of it with KSt / Baylor
  • Walt's WharfWalt's Wharf Member
    edited January 2016
    You think so?

It seemed like a reasonable estimate, but not sure what you're getting at?
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    i am today
    edited January 2016
    jm wrote: »
    The gambling gods took care of it with KSt / Baylor

love losing unders in 2OT
    edited January 2016
    Frustrating stuff them unders... they seem to take thicker skin each day.
    edited January 2016
    at least you all didn't lose on this one

lulululu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A7HMcWN.png
    edited January 2016
    did i mention i hate OT...
    edited January 2016
    KY and the 2H under felt the wrath... hate when quality 2H under plays feel the wrath let alone KY blowing it