Betting Talk

Giants screwed up

chuckhchuckh Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Not a dog in race except having Patriots in survivor pool but why did Giants attempt 3 passes 1st goal when they could have run clock down?

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Chuck I hear ya, but they were trying for a TD and not fg they knew wouldn't be enough. Pats had 2 TOs and the 2minute warning. Can't fault the play calling IMO.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I had K.C ML and the Giants ML not blaming the play calling but you have to catch the ball. Could have been a TD on that drive and a few minutes later they could have put it away with an INT. Granted I was doing a water change for my Aquarium (Yes I do something besides Gamble lol) so the TV was on and I was catching reply's as I heard them. So I could be wrong but you knew Brady was going to score that MFer is that good.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    That was tough a beat on the ML. Did you play the +7 at all?
    edited November 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    That was tough a beat on the ML. Did you play the +7 at all?

No just the ML
    Had a small ML parlay with it. Really liked both ML and thought a small parlay was in order because winning one there's profit to make more on the same two. To me it just set up so nice.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    That sucks OT... my story from yesterday is even worse. I actually hit a 1pm 3 team ML parlay Lions, Miami, and jaguars and the damn software I use remotely when i'm not in front of the comp made an error on the amount and put in 1 dollar instead of 100 and I didn't even realize it until I got home. But all the straight bets I made remotely the amount I wagered was entered correct. Spend another hour on the damn phone today with these Indian babbling programmers to explain to them the amount on parlays is not input correctly when preset.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    chuckh wrote: »
    Not a dog in race except having Patriots in survivor pool but why did Giants attempt 3 passes 1st goal when they could have run clock down?

Very simple answer, absolutely worst clock mgmt. in that situation, they should have at least gotten it down to about a minute left in which case even the last FG would have been difficult/near impossible given the way the last series went down. I did not have the game but was thinking how bad they were screwing up as it was unfolding...especially the pass play leaving a second on the clock before the two minute warning...BUT not surprising as we've seen it before with Coughlin and the G-men
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    TheReb wrote: »
    Very simple answer, absolutely worst clock mgmt. in that situation, they should have at least gotten it down to about a minute left in which case even the last FG would have been difficult/near impossible given the way the last series went down. I did not have the game but was thinking how bad they were screwing up as it was unfolding...especially the pass play leaving a second on the clock before the two minute warning...BUT not surprising as we've seen it before with Coughlin and the G-men

Agree with this. Had Giants plus 7.5 and was sweating the blocked fg for a td
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Since we are talking ml dogs does anyone give houston any chance tonight against bungles? Really need Houston to win to knock out people in survivor pool i am in.
    edited November 2015
    TheReb wrote: »
    Very simple answer, absolutely worst clock mgmt.

Maybe you and I were watching a different game Reb. The Giants are playing for a TD. They get a tuff break on the 2:01 left after reversal. Here are the plays in question in reverse order:

J.Brown kicks 65 yards from NYG 35 to end zone, Touchback.
    4Q 3:47
    4TH & 11 on NE 11
    1:50 J.Brown 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-Z.DeOssie, Holder-B.Wing.
    3RD & 5 on NE 5
    -6 YD
    1:56 (Shotgun) E.Manning sacked at NE 11 for -6 yards (M.Brown).
    2ND & 5 on NE 5
    No Gain
    2:01 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short right to D.Harris.
    1ST & 5 on NE 5
    No Gain
    2:06 (Shotgun) E.Manning pass short left to O.Beckham Jr. for 5 yards, TOUCHDOWN. The Replay Official reviewed the pass completion ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) E.Manning pass incomplete short left to O.Beckham Jr. (M.Butler).
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I understand they are going for the TD, I agree with that obviously that is what you want but I go with it pounding it on three running plays based on the TO's left and the two minute warning they would have had a shot to still score the TD on the ground and run the clock down, worst case you still kick the FG but leave NE with far less time on the clock....as it was they had to get that last play off which everyone was expecting a spike by Brady and that was with about an extra full min. to work with. Then as OT would say you have Coughlin with those deer in the headlight expressions like so many times in the past....it's a head scratcher to me how he never learns from the past in situations like that...JMO. Btw, I just read Manning called an audible on that play to Beckham so it's not all on TC.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    playing against the pats is hard

not to mention the bad luck with beckham not securing catch+the play not lasting an extra second
    edited November 2015
    Reb, there is no way NE doesn't get the ball back with virtually the same time left. How?

What occurred:
    Brady got the ball back down 2 with approx. 1:50 left and no timeouts.

What wudda occurred:
    Brady gets the ball back down 6 or 7 with 1 timeout.

Probable reason:
    On the NYG 2nd and goal after the 2MW Pats let them score.

NYG are facing Belichick not Lovie Smith.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ron sorry but disagree. I don't think they let them score there having to score a td rather kick the fg for the win. I think they burn their 2 to's along with the 2 min warning
    edited November 2015
    We'll never know, but Brady/Belichick convinced me of their greatness.

Chuck early I mentioned 2 timeouts left for NE, but I believe it was only one.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    We'll never know, but Brady/Belichick convinced me of their greatness.

Chuck early I mentioned 2 timeouts left for NE, but I believe it was only one.

The BEST HC/QB combination in the history of football.
    edited November 2015
    I'm going to be in the Minority here and agree with Ron. I think Brady gets in your head and TC knows he needs a TD to win and he's not getting it on the ground. Like I said in my first post you need to catch the ball they had two chances to win the game and blew them both. TC knew TD or lose at least that's my opinion. They have a Field Goal kicker that doesn't miss from mid 50's Brady doesn't need much time to get the into that range. No problem with passing the ball by the Giants.

One question why on a running play you just have to break the front of the goal line for a touchdown but on a passing play you can comedown with two feet in bounds with control get knocked down lose the ball and it's not a TD. What am I missing. I bet very little and very light in the NFL they should call it the yellow flag league and make it up as you go. I see it one way you see it another way. They even fuck up reply's. Good Luck with the NFL