Betting Talk

Prefer the release window

2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Sorry to vent guys, but we are one weekend deep and the idea of being on standby for plays .......well frankly it sucks, especially for those of us who are not able to call in plays.

In theory the 2h random release schedule sounded ok .......but a pre-determined release time is just so much easier to plan around.

Comments

• RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2015
    2sportguy wrote: »
    Sorry to vent guys, but we are one weekend deep and the idea of being on standby for plays .......well frankly it sucks, especially for those of us who are not able to call in plays.

In theory the 2h random release schedule sounded ok .......but a pre-determined release time is just so much easier to plan around.

It is a catch 22. Set release times make clients more prepared, but also makes the entire market more prepared.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I prefer it how it is now. I bet them on my phone so it doesn't change my plans at all. I can be doing anything and still bet the game.
    edited November 2015
    And I've gotten every single release number so far in cbb
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    And I've gotten every single release number so far in cbb

Is their results page not updating or have there been no bets this weekend?
    edited November 2015
    Been 4 plays. 1-3
    edited November 2015
    Go to college picks archives and you will see it.
    edited November 2015
    Go to college picks archives and you will see it.

I see it, just assumed there must be plays today given this thread being started today. 4 plays on opening weekned? Seems a bit light don't you think.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2015
    durito wrote: »
    I see it, just assumed there must be plays today given this thread being started today. 4 plays on opening weekned? Seems a bit light don't you think.

It's correct. Nothing yesterday or today. Though only like 17 lined games yesterday and like 15 so far today.

I assume they're getting their sleep right now in preparation for the marathon. I'm assuming that the team will be up all 24 hours and ready to go if anything looks good Tuesday morning at 4am. :)
    edited November 2015
    Make that 2-3. Nice one!
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    that was nice and needed
    edited November 2015
    Make it 2-5
    edited November 2015
    lines are really sharp at bookmaker this year on 2h
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I much prefer the countdown. I was able to get in all plays with the countdown. It is virtually impossible to get the line listed for the 2H. Only way to get the line is to sit on your computer all night long and be ready to pounce on the halftime lines when they come up. Doesn't work calling either. Lines has moved by the time they give you the line.
    edited November 2015
    No offence, but didn't y'all realize it's impossible to have a release window for a second half only service? Unless he changes paths for the year, then there is no chance of any kind of release window. I'm quite dumbfounded how y'all thought there might be one on a second half service. Again, no offence, just don't really see where y'all are going with this.

My 2 cents, even if he was going full games, it wouldn't be any easier to get release numbers, and I'd argue that it would actually be much harder.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2015
    I've been having a lot of luck with getting the 2nd half lines. I initially thought that I'd need to have my laptop logged into the 2nd half lines and ready to go at a moment's notice (like with a full game play) to have any chance of getting them. But I've been getting the release lines as long as I get it in within a minute or two (so basically, as long as my phone is nearby when the text comes through, I can log into an account, make the play, and submit, still getting it even at a couple sites that have me on a delay).
    edited November 2015
    I am having similar luck as Tommy said.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    for me, there is no difference in the time it takes lines to move from when there was a release window vs. the second halfs. at least with the release window, i was able to be ready, move quickly and beat the site most of the time. thats just impossible for me to constantly be staring at the screen for 2nd half releases so i will probably not continue after my current run of credits run out. sounds like im in the minority so i wish everyone else the best of luck.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2015
    I understand that everyone will have different experiences.

From what I can see on the screen the line movement is not nearly as fast, or nearly as dramatic, as it is for a normal full game release.

That might change if/when we start winning, but that is what I am seeing so far. I'd say most people can get the release line, or no more than a 1/2 point better or worse.
    edited November 2015
    The only line that I thought has acted weird quickly after release was last night on Weber State. Quickly moved to -1 with one of my outs. Checked another one and they had plus 1. Other than that, it's been pretty consistent on my end
  • hornsfanhornsfan Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    The only line that I thought has acted weird quickly after release was last night on Weber State. Quickly moved to -1 with one of my outs. Checked another one and they had plus 1. Other than that, it's been pretty consistent on my end

agree as the movement on that one seemed quicker/different than the others.
  • zkc100zkc100 Member
    edited November 2015
    I think i may just have a quick book- i am only able to get release line 25% of the time on the 2nd half plays. With full game release and scheduled time i was able to get it almost every time. Unfortunately i can't continue with the subscription this way. Good luck everyone. Bring back full games!
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    zkc100 wrote: »
    I think i may just have a quick book- i am only able to get release line 25% of the time on the 2nd half plays. With full game release and scheduled time i was able to get it almost every time. Unfortunately i can't continue with the subscription this way. Good luck everyone. Bring back full games!

Looks like the gig is up as it is now impossible at my shops to get the 2h plays in.......Yesterday the 2h Arizona play went from under 85.5 to 80 in literally 5 seconds. We might have blindsided the books early in the season as it seemed easier then.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Looks like the gig is up as it is now impossible at my shops to get the 2h plays in.......Yesterday the 2h Arizona play went from under 85.5 to 80 in literally 5 seconds. We might have blindsided the books early in the season as it seemed easier then.

And by the way I am not blaming RAS for this .....I appreciate how tough it must be to come up with a solution that helps all subscribers......But for a guy who was able to get in his plays by phone this 2h adjustment is really tough.
    edited November 2015

Don't blame you. I'm canceling tomorrow too. 0-3 today I'm done. Plays have been horrendous
  • turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Don't blame you. I'm canceling tomorrow too. 0-3 today I'm done. Plays have been horrendous

golfer, if you do quit RAS for balance of the year I will

make a $100 donation to your favorite charity, within reason
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Are you going for the reverse jinks
    edited November 2015
    Yes, but Idaho I'd just too bad,
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Are you going for the reverse jinks

You must be new around here.
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Kashmir wrote: »
    You must be new around here.
    Haha. Actually I am not. Been enjoying your NBA.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Hat wrote: »
    Haha. Actually I am not. Been enjoying your NBA.

Hopefully we go on another hot streak. Been stuck for a little while around the same number of units.