Betting Talk

Survivor Pools - Week 1

TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
edited August 2015 in Sports Betting
Just started actually looking at the NFL schedule for week 1, and it's gonna be a really tough week for survivor pools (which should also make it fun, as a bunch of people will get knocked out early). Looks like the biggest favorite is Green Bay on the road in Chicago at -6, then it's Dallas at home against the Giants at -5.5. After that, it's Denver -4 hosting the Ravens. There will obviously be much better spots to use all 3 of those favorites, so many may end up playing a team that's only -3 or -3.5 (ie Carolina who is at Jacksonville or Cincy who is at the Raiders). Tough way to start it out this year.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    In this survivor pool, do you have to pick teams ATS? Or do you just need an outright winner?

Whichever it is, DAL will expose the many flaws of the NYG. I honestly cannot see the G-men keeping it close.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Obi One wrote: »
    In this survivor pool, do you have to pick teams ATS? Or do you just need an outright winner?

In a "standard" Survivor Pool, you just have to pick a straight up winner. However, you may only use each team only once all season. From there, different pools might have some additional rules. In my big one, you need to start picking 2 teams each week if you're still alive in week 13 through week 17.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Ok,

Here's a list of things to look for in WK3 of the preseason. If they get confirmed (or debunked) you might have some additional plays:

- SEA should beat STL if:
    The SEA offensive line holds up a bit better. They were a sieve so far. But SEA has far superior talent on offense, while the STL starters have only managed 2 1st-downs in 21 tries so far. That's really bad. They won't hold against the Seattle defense. Nevermind the high expectations for STL. Nick Foles is Kevin Kolb part deux.

-MIA should beat WSH if:
    Robbert Griffin starts. Guy looks clueless and is turnover prone. A good showing by the MIA secondary in the next game also helps. The D-Line is very good already.

DAL coach Garrett was not happy with the team's performance in their wk2 game. Even though they sat many starters. Look for an improved effort from the starters in wk3. If it's there, then DAL is your best survivor bet imo.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    my local sp in new york you have to pick two teams in week one...
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    jets96 wrote: »
    my local sp in new york you have to pick two teams in week one...

Good luck with that.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Never got knocked out week one, been doing it a long time, won twice, get deep often, got knocked out week two a couple of times ...
    have my games set already for week 1 if know major injuries .