Betting Talk

Lets start it off

2»

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Red Sox sign Cuban infielder Moncado for 30 million bonus. 2nd baseman that ain't gonna move Pedroia anywhere. Prolly work him into the outfield after a minor league stint.

Rule changes? Step in the right direction. Get the kids back interested in the game. It's no longer a world with a turtle pace. The 20 second clock on pitchers is being tested in some minor league markets.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    It just mandates the batter keep one foot in the box I think so we'll still see the sequence of adjust the gloves, adjust the helmet, look at 3rd base coach for signs, have him run thru them a second time, peer into dugout to double check with manager, adjust the gloves, adjust the helmet, hold up one hand calling time while digging in for perfect stance, finally deem themselves ready for a pitch and then step out when pitcher decides to throw it a second or two earlier/later than they were totally mentally focused on. And repeat the sequence. Mike Hargrove must get a serious stiffy watching that.

Only way this will really be fixed is some type of clock where the hitter has X seconds to get ready and after that the pitcher has Y seconds to deliver the ball. Whether the batter is in the box or the dugout at the time.
    edited February 2015
    kdog wrote: »
    It just mandates the batter keep one foot in the box I think so we'll still see the sequence of adjust the gloves, adjust the helmet, look at 3rd base coach for signs, have him run thru them a second time, peer into dugout to double check with manager, adjust the gloves, adjust the helmet, hold up one hand calling time while digging in for perfect stance, finally deem themselves ready for a pitch and then step out when pitcher decides to throw it a second or two earlier/later than they were totally mentally focused on. And repeat the sequence. Mike Hargrove must get a serious stiffy watching that.

LOL. The Human Rain Delay was a slow play pain in the ass.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    LOL. The Human Rain Delay was a slow play pain in the ass.

Steve Trachsel was the worst. I was there at Shea when he was pitching, 95 degrees out and he's taking over a minute to throw the pitch. Whole crown chanting, "throw the ball", " throw the ball".

Batters keeping one foot in the box isn't going to speed things up. Like some have said, need a clock on these guys.
  • j2037j2037 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    can anyone present math that shows it is -ev to play two teams over within the same division? thanks in advance
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Don't worry about the batter but make the pitcher throw the ball within the time limit and the batter will have to adjust or take 3 down the middle.
    Anybody remember the Frank Robinson don Drysdale story.

Well it seems (I seen it on tape so no comments bet them dogs jk) Frank walked into the box and starting digging a hole and getting set and taking to much time much to Drysdale's anger. Anyway when Robinson looked up and seen it was Don on the mound he called time out and realized what he did. Well the next pitch under the chin and on his butt and a second one later that game just as a reminder get in the box be ready and try to hit the ball. Stop this warning BS and the ball players will police themselves. The pitcher is the key to keeping the game moving and games will move when the Ump enforces the pitcher time limit.. The one foot in the box that's a joke kdog explained that very well.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Want to speed up the game? Just have every pitcher watch Mark Buehrle, then tell them to copy him
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    kdog wrote: »

Only way this will really be fixed is some type of clock where the hitter has X seconds to get ready and after that the pitcher has Y seconds to deliver the ball. Whether the batter is in the box or the dugout at the time.

I don't know if they implemented it or were just trying it in the minors, but my understanding was that once the ump said go there would be none of that bullshit. If the batter screwing around-- too bad, the pitcher can still throw it.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    The reak question is how will this effect the gambling side of things? More unders? More first pitch swings?
    edited February 2015
    Good question cpech. Gonna analyze that.
    edited March 2015
    Future CYoung winner(?) Chris Sale will miss most/all of ST with broken ankle that he suffered at home. Was supposed to be opening starter. No more.
    edited October 2015
    Let's see how the board did.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    "Sometimes it’s hard for people to imagine the Mets actually being good. Trust me, I get it. But the Mets are like cicadas. Every 10-15 years, they come back from the dead to cause some havoc before delving into pure dumpster fire mode again. The latest brood is ready, folks. Let’s fucking do this." - Stolen from somewhere on the inter webs, but so true. Maybe this is our year Mets fans.

Looks like the cicadas are back from the dead this October.