Betting Talk

Comments

• crashcrash Member
    edited November 2014
    This is great stuff. Does anybody have a few teams who are going uptempo compared to last year, or vice versa?
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2014
    crash wrote: »
    This is great stuff. Does anybody have a few teams who are going uptempo compared to last year, or vice versa?

Samford is going to play an uptempo full court style this year. With the addition of VMI and E Tenn St to go with what is left from the subtractions, it is going to be an uptempo conference this year.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2014
    crash wrote: »

Part of my prep for every season is reading any articles that I can find on new head coaches. Without fail, every single season, about 50% of the coaches talk about wanting to play more up-tempo, focusing more on the transition game, pressing more, etc. I've still yet to find the article where a coach says that he's hoping to slow it down, look to limit the transition game a little more, or look more for a half-court offense.

Yet somehow, every year, the college game seems to slow down a little bit more.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    Part of my prep for every season is reading any articles that I can find on new head coaches. Without fail, every single season, about 50% of the coaches talk about wanting to play more up-tempo, focusing more on the transition game, pressing more, etc. I've still yet to find the article where a coach says that he's hoping to slow it down, look to limit the transition game a little more, or look more for a half-court offense.

Yet somehow, every year, the college game seems to slow down a little bit more.

Most want to, then realize the guys that are there have no chance to do so so they dial it back until they get their guys. Most never get their guys. :)