SF Giants +130 game 7

Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
+134 at CRIS right now.

Good luck if ya try it. Enjoy the game!

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    The managerial gap is unbelievable and yet NASCAR Yost is one victory away from a WS title. Someone explain this move he made on his pregame lineup. He's got Aoki batting 2nd and Gordon moved down to 6th. Small sample but Gordon is approx 4for6 vs Hudson with a HR and double.

Good Luck with this game Dr.H. I scalped out because of the old adage, "The Lord protects the dummies and the drunks."
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    The rematch with the other guy winning this time. Go Giants, One time for old man Hudson and Me :)
    edited October 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    The managerial gap is unbelievable and yet NASCAR Yost is one victory away from a WS title. Someone explain this move he made on his pregame lineup. He's got Aoki batting 2nd and Gordon moved down to 6th. Small sample but Gordon is approx 4for6 vs Hudson with a HR and double.

Good Luck with this game Dr.H. I scalped out because of the old adage, "The Lord protects the dummies and the drunks."

I'm sitting and I'm surprised with all your money. JK :)
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited October 2014

Yost is an absolute buffoon for a long list of reasons. I'm not much for BvP, but putting a much better hitter 6th so a worse hitter can hit 2nd is just another example of his idiocy. He'll probably fuck up tonight's game like 6 different ways, all of which will somehow result in the sun shining on his ass if the last month is any indication.

One time for the good guys, SF.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    any thoughts on the total fellas?
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Giants backers are golden Lang is on the Royals...
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Yost is an absolute buffoon for a long list of reasons. I'm not much for BvP, but putting a much better hitter 6th so a worse hitter can hit 2nd is just another example of his idiocy. He'll probably fuck up tonight's game like 6 different ways, all of which will somehow result in the sun shining on his ass if the last month is any indication.

One time for the good guys, SF.

thought you might appreciate this if you didnt see it:

Alex Gordon’s Production, or Lack Thereof

Though Nori Aoki had also struggled until his big RBI single in the second inning last night, Gordon has been the biggest disappointment among K.C. hitters in the World Series. The left fielder has gone just 3-for-24 with no walks against the Giants, posting enough lousy results to make manager Ned Yost cancel his short-lived experiment with Gordon in the 2-hole and drop him back to sixth in the order. This is a curious slump, considering Gordon was the Royals’ best hitter during the regular season and a terror earlier this postseason, delivering a robust .448 on-base percentage, three doubles, and a homer in 29 plate appearances in the ALDS and ALCS combined.

Facing Hudson might be just the ticket for the left fielder, though. Rather than fixate on the tiny sample size generated by batter-pitcher matchups, it can be more instructive to focus on how a hitter fares against a certain pitch type. Hudson relies primarily on his sinker, throwing that pitch 42 percent of the time in 2014. That’s potentially good news for Gordon: According to ESPN Stats & Info, Gordon has hit an incredible .380/.486/.570 against sinkers in 146 career plate appearances. While that’s still not a gigantic sample, it’s big enough to indicate that Gordon is adept at hitting sinkers — and maybe Hudson.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2014-mlb-playoffs-world-series-game-7-preview-giants-royals/
    edited October 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    any thoughts on the total fellas?

I don't know how you can play the under in this series other then when Bum pitches. But as far as anything that would help you decide I got nothing.:)
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Why all the hate for the Royals? I love watching their speed, defense and lockdown bullpen.

I won't try to defend Yost, but I'm not all that impressed with Boche either. Tell me why he pitched Peavy in game 2 in KC when he has had horrible results in AL games, and particularly horrible in KC. And why did he let Bumgarner throw 117 pitches in game 5 that was well in hand by the late innings?
    edited October 2014
    No opinion on total.
    edited October 2014
    Why all the hate for the Royals? I love watching their speed, defense and lockdown bullpen.

I won't try to defend Yost, but I'm not all that impressed with Boche either. Tell me why he pitched Peavy in game 2 in KC when he has had horrible results in AL games, and particularly horrible in KC. And why did he let Bumgarner throw 117 pitches in game 5 that was well in hand by the late innings?

Without Peavy the Giants would be watching the Cardinals in this Series. He earned the 2nd game start. Bochy? He's gotta shot to enter the HOF. Who said catchers don't make good managers?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Go Royals
    Must play both teams over
    H or I shall lose
    Hope H
    LOL
    Listen to this - Ms Okie will watch game with me
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited October 2014
    I've booked various bets on the royals. Zero on giants. These are donkey Chicago guys that from the start of football haven't bet a single baseball game. Take that how you wish. Can't believe I'm saying this, good luck H. Lol
    edited October 2014
    Without Peavy the Giants would be watching the Cardinals in this Series. He earned the 2nd game start.

Can't argue with that. Just tough to see that kind of performance disparity and not take action on it.

I think the tonight's line is out of whack. I had to bet the Giants, but for the first time in as far back as I can remember, I honestly hope I lose.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014

Bruce Bochy might be the best manager in the game, certainly right up there, and almost a guarantee to make the Hall. You're obviously entitled to your opinion though
    edited October 2014
    Never said he wasn't a good manager. I said I wasn't impressed with some of the decisions he's made in this series.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    John Brenkus, the guy who does those sports science things on ESPN, did one on diving head first or running through first base, and it was proven scientifically that diving into first base slows you down. I can't remember the amount of time it costs you, but if Hosmer runs through the base, he's easily safe. That's always been a pet peeve of mine, guys who dive head first like that. Besides the fact that it slows you down, there's also the risk of injury. Jammed or broken fingers, jammed shoulders, etc. With all the advanced metrics around these days, you would think these guys would know enough not to dive, but I see it all the time and it drives me crazy.
    edited October 2014
    NASCAR Yost continues to amaze. Willingham sitting on the bench with defensive liability Aoki, lefty facing Bum.
    edited October 2014
    Truly amazing performance by Bum, but facing so many lefties sure made his life easier.
  • barmoycmbarmoycm Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    great game 7 .. nice job getting on the right side..
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Nice call doc
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Great way to cap an awesome season! Almost +50 units for the year... nice work, Doc!

Now get that hoops model ready :)
    edited October 2014
    Great Season Doc, nothing but the best moving into hoops.
    edited October 2014
    Thanks, guys.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Great Season H
  • BehindTheGlassBehindTheGlass Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    I wasn't around during MLB season but 50 units is some very nice work.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Great way to cap an awesome season! Almost +50 units for the year... nice work, Doc!

Now get that hoops model ready :)

positive variance is always cool... :). joke of course. keep up the fine work.
    edited October 2014
    Hoops model is ready to go, pc. Keep up the good work on your end.

LOL at positive variance. Almost 2% line value over 500+ plays isn't luck :)
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    LOL at positive variance. Almost 2% line value over 500+ plays isn't luck :)

Isn't finishing up over 50 units though on 500 plays w/ a 2% line value some pretty good positive variance (assuming of course that we're dealing with a completely efficient market)? You'll certainly be expected to win going forward if you can continue to bang out that kind of CLV, however looking at this from afar, I'd think that you had some combination of good picks and positive variance. (And I think that newc was joking anyways, but just wanted to get your thoughts on if you do think that +50 units would be in line with your expectations looking back at the season)

Nice job and good luck with hoops. 15 days, can't wait.
    edited October 2014
    Probably some positive variance in there, sure. And I know newc was joking, but I also know there are/were(?) some that thought that the only reason I was winning early on was because I was running well, so I wanted to point out the solid CLV, too.

Yeah, I'm pumped for hoops. Have a great season!