Betting Talk

NBA Value Plays 2014/2015

Obi OneObi One Senior Member
edited November 2014 in Sports Betting
Will post players here whom I believe to have value. Most probably won't bother you with full line-ups. Just value plays. Buyer beware: Up to this year I hadn't played Fantasy Sports at all.

Comments

• Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    For wednesday the 29th of October:

Andre Iguodala (GS, $5700)
    - With David Lee out for this game, Iguodala figures to get the minutes and Kerr plans on using him from the bench as the leader of the 2nd unit. Just like Harden was used back at OKC, with the big difference that Iguodala has an allround game and is a much better defender.

Terrence Jones (HOU, $5700)
    - Just look up his line from the season-opener vs the Lakers.

Drew Gooden III ( WSH, $4300)
    - Lots of players injured or suspended in Washington. Gooden can rebound and also shoot. If he gets to 22 points you'll have him at 5x per $1000.
    edited October 2014
    Indianapolis also has a lot of injuries, while playing a weak defensive team (PHI) that plays at a high tempo. Therefore Donald Sloan and Chris Copeland at $3500 also have a lot of value. Big chance of getting 5x out of them.
    edited October 2014
    Iguoadala was a bad read,
    Jones still got 17 points (2.5x) after sitting out much of the 1H with foul trouble.
    Sloan, Gooden and Copeland got there at 5x

For tonight lot's of stars in play, but 2 guys that have value in my opinion are DJ Augustin at $3900 and Nicola Vucevic at $8400. His numbers are great and he'll get to a +20 points/+10 rebounds almost every single night. Throw in a couple of blocks and/or assists and you have your 45 points for the 5x.
  • crazyivan24crazyivan24 Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Hey Obi - do you play daily fantasy sports too?
    edited October 2014
    I struggle i fantasy sports. You play mainly cash games or GPPs?\
    edited October 2014
    Hey Obi - do you play daily fantasy sports too?

Yes, started this year. Been doing OK in NFL and just last tuesday I started with the NBA too. Been reading a lot, and hope to get better as the season progresses. I play mostly H2H-games and try my hand at triple-up and quintuple-up leagues but for smaller fee's. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I may not know the answer as I'm a noob, but searching for it might teach me something new too.

What exactly are you struggling with? If I may ask.
    edited October 2014
    For Friday:

Ed Davis, LAL at $4200
    - While coming off the bench for the lakers, he'll log about 25 minutes, but he's highly productive. Good play for both cash-games and GPP's.

OJ Mayo, MIL at $4600
    - Also coming off the bench, playing vs the defensively weak 76ers

Marc Gasol, MEM at $8300
    - Price may be high, but his floor is at 40 points and he'll most probably get you to 50.
  • milfhuntermilfhunter Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    thanks for the tip on dj augustin last night.. and anybody against the sixers this year is a good start
    edited November 2014
    Lesson learned today:

- Somehow I thought that Philly would play an uptempo game, thus creating value on the Milwaukee players (and some of their own). The result was indeed a very uptempo game at 102.4 PACE. However their offensive efficiency was last (for Philly) and third-worst (for Milwaukee). Most of the players got stuck at 3x and 4x.
    - I also had a few line-ups loaded with Spurs/Suns players, as I thought that one would go over the Vegas total too. Again, both teams played with PACE, but had a horrible offensive efficiency. Maybe they're more focused on defense right now. Or the offenses and line-ups the coach is rolling out are not clicking yet. Thus keeping the efficiency down.
    - In the end, I managed to break even on the day, going 3-3 in H2H match ups and winning 3 of 6 triple-ups which I had entered at smaller amounts. But I got beaten by most everybody who had loaded up on the right Laker and Clipper players.

Value plays for saturday:
    Norris Cole (MIA) for $4.400
    Michale Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA) for $4.000
    C. Copeland (IND) at $4.000
    Perry Jones III (OKC) at $5.800

previous guys I've mentioned like DJ Augustin and Vucevic still hold value to get you to 5x at their current prices.
    edited November 2014
    My line-ups for today:

C Vucevic, Marc Gasol, Asik
    PF Anthony Davis, Pau Gasol, Zach Randolph (Favors, T. Jones)
    SF J. Green, Kidd-Gilchrist, Parsons, Hayward (Copeland, Papanikolao, Jones II)
    SG DeRozan, Tyreke Evans, Bledsoe, M. Ellis (B. Gordon, R. Stuckey, OJ Mayo)
    PG Lowry, Curry, Burke (N. Cole, DJ Augustin)

The italized names are the ones I deem complementary value plays to fill in the roster, after I've selected the stud players. Games with the highest totals for today are LAL/GS, DAL/NO and BOS/HOU. All those 3 have been bet upwards by the market. So they're expecting an offensive explosion.
    edited November 2014
    Had the best of him over the past week, but today Condia really wiped everybody clean. His line-up got to 359 points. He had it entered everywhere.
    edited November 2014
    Anybody knows of fantasy sites for international players? Fanduel and DK and most others are for US only. Gonna have to see how I get my money out of there.
    edited November 2014
    Obi One wrote: »
    Yes, started this year. Been doing OK in NFL and just last tuesday I started with the NBA too. Been reading a lot, and hope to get better as the season progresses. I play mostly H2H-games and try my hand at triple-up and quintuple-up leagues but for smaller fee's. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I may not know the answer as I'm a noob, but searching for it might teach me something new too.

What exactly are you struggling with? If I may ask.

Yeah I'm a newb too. I spend money on 50/50s and GPPs, I often get carried away and build too many GPP lineps.... I struggle CASHING :( I use rotogrinders.com though.
    edited November 2014
    Anybody knows of fantasy sites for international players? Fanduel and DK and most others are for US only. Gonna have to see how I get my money out of there.

Where are you from Obi One? Yes, they only allow US players for some reason. I assume you were able to deposit fine?!
    edited November 2014
    Obi, can you email me [email protected] - thanks.
  • drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited November 2014

I'm not aware of any sites (seems like a GREAT opp). I've seen several folks from Canada posting on message boards on RG, so seems like some are doing it.
    edited November 2014
    My best line-up for today:

PG A. Brooks
    PG D. Collison
    SG K. Thompson
    SG J. Butler
    SF J. Green
    SF T. Harris
    PF J. Sullinger
    PF D. Favors
    C R. Hibbert

Reason why I posted my full line-up is because all of them have a high probability of getting to 5x tonight. Nothing flashy about these players except for Klay Thompson maybe, but this is a very good line-up for both H2H and GPP.
  • drewbydrewby Fantasy Expert
    edited November 2014
    With only 3 NHL games on the slate and the fiance out of town, may give this a small dollar whirl in a gpp for a sweat.