edited August 2014
    GL this year BK. I'm with you on Utah St
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    137 Tulane +7 (so might not be a play since pinny only at 6.5) but i got +7
    150 Under 60
    205 Utah State +6

I could be mistaken here, but I don't think that's how the site's record keeping guidelines work.

150 and 205 also weren't available at the required books at the time of post. 150 should be under 59.5, 205 should be +6 -115 (Goats might even tell ya +5.5).

Good luck to ya, bro!
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2014
    137 Tulane +7 (so might not be a play since pinny only at 6.5) but i got +7
    144 Washington State -8
    149 Col State +3
    150 Under 60
    205 Utah State +6

Luck to all - have a winning season !

You've been around the site long enough to be well aware of the guidelines so I'll keep it brief.

You know Tulane +7 isn't a play, your total was/is 59.5, and Utah St is +6 -115 (or 5.5 -110 if you prefer, no idea why BM is shading a 6).

Basically, see Dr. H's post.

Posters who have been keeping records at BT for a while shouldn't need policing like this. Please make sure to follow the guidelines going forward. Thanks.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited August 2014
    Sorry traveling all week so trying to do this quickly.

1. Play 1 is not an official play was sharing opinion, must have been enough to drop that line to 6, huh ?
    2. 60 -118 has always been available and still is. Not sure where you all are looking. But look carefully at Pinny.
    3. +6-15 is good.

thanks for looking out, sorry for the trouble Goats, usually I am careful about it, but going in and out of service areas.

Thanks Kane, you too have a good football season and let's get that Utah State win.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2014
    2. 60 -118 has always been available and still is. Not sure where you all are looking. But look carefully at Pinny.

What they're saying is that 60 -118 (or the -116 when you posted yesterday) on a 12-cent line is the equivalent of 59.5 on a 20-cent line. The 60 is "juiced up", and if you look around the board, the 59.5 was the prevailing line at the time. Hopefully that made sense. Thanks.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited August 2014

From the guidelines...

4. All football and basketball picks must be at -110*. No money lines. No buying points.
    *An exception would be when a game is shaded around a key number like 3 or 7. In that case, please make sure to include the proper juice.

The -110 line is 59.5. Also, for all Pinny lines, you have to adjust for the reduced vig. You can use their lines, but only if they're roughly -110 or better AFTER you add 4c to make it equivalent to a 20c line. Please grade at 59.5 or pass. Thanks for understanding.

EDIT: Tommy beat me to it as I was composing. See, I told the forum he was good in that other thread. :)
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Sorry traveling all week so trying to do this quickly.

1. Play 1 is not an official play was sharing opinion, must have been enough to drop that line to 6, huh ?

Are you suggesting that your post is the reason for that line move?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic/joking.
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »

R u suggesting, that is NOT y it moved off of 7 to 6 ?

Clarification- I am just goofing off.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    O m G .......BK have a good season brother
    edited August 2014
    jets96 wrote: »
    O m G .......BK have a good season brother
    I know right ? First post, lol. It just goes on and on. Talk with u soon, b back Tuesday.
    edited August 2014
    o and my 2 iron rocks.....everyone says the same exact thing you say, funny , I do really hit it well .
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    I thought we might into Saturday but LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE
    edited September 2014
    2-2 -.2 CLV +8.5 (not sure if that is right - but you know who will tell me if it is wrong - if he doesn't say a peep it's right)

305 Washington State over 65
    340 Stanford -2.5
    352 Oregon -12 **
    383 Air Force -2.5
    385 Colorado State +10.5

Luck
    edited September 2014
    3-6 -3.6 CLV +12.0
    have + CLV in 7 of 9 games. And still no discount from my books for +clv - bastards !

145 Air Force -11.5
    151 Georgia -5.5
    192 Rutgers +3 -112
    199 ASU -15.5

Luck
    edited September 2014
    bk before SOMEONE says something ,id change the -112 on the Rutgers game
    edited September 2014
    jets96 wrote: »
    bk before SOMEONE says something ,id change the -112 on the Rutgers game

I think if I was wrong - SOMEONE and his posse would have been all over it. LMAO

I think they are still trying to figure out , how I can have so much CLV. LOL

Like the 3.5 you got. Don't think we will need the points, looking for outright win. GL
    edited September 2014
    3-9-1 -6.9 CLV +13.5
    have + CLV in 10 of 13 games

317 Maryland +1
    325 Bowling Green +27
    343 Hawaii +8
    347 Ga State +34.5
    355 Rutgers +6.5
    383 Utah State +2.5
    391 Cal +8.5

Luck
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    3-9-1 -6.9 CLV +13.5
    have + CLV in 10 of 13 games

Just a note-- your CLV is supposed to be the average line value. You need to divide by # of games you bet.

P.S. You 3-9 figure can't possibly be right, since you have big CLV.
    edited September 2014
    like that Rutgers play...just waiting
    edited September 2014
    7-12-1 -6.2 CLV +16.0
    have + CLV in 14 of 19 games (no movement on 1 game)
    CLV avg +.80 (Thanks Dogs - more useless work I have to do - CLV guys can't divide or what ? ) LMAO
    edited September 2014
    7-12-1 -6.2 CLV +16.0
    CLV avg +.80 (Thanks Dogs - more useless work I have to do - CLV guys can't divide or what ? ) LMAO

Maybe we don't fully understand this CLV thing. I'm -11 units on year (+.88 CLV) and you're -6. How can this possibly be when we're both in plus territory with CLV? :thumbdown:
    edited September 2014
    Maybe we don't fully understand this CLV thing. I'm -11 units on year (+.88 CLV) and you're -6. How can this possibly be when we're both in plus territory with CLV? :thumbdown:

But did you check out the website www.iluvclv.com , after +50 CLV we can get a Igloo cooler (shipping and handling extra), but that will be nice, a new cooler for the upcoming winter months. I asked and they said we can combine our CLV.
    That will make our -17 units combined feel better won't it ? :nono:
    edited September 2014
    But did you check out the website www.iluvclv.com , after +50 CLV we can get a Igloo cooler (shipping and handling extra), but that will be nice, a new cooler for the upcoming winter months. I asked and they said we can combine our CLV.
    That will make our -17 units combined feel better won't it ? :nono:

Great. A cooler that we can't afford to put anything in.

Just a note for anyone who may be thinking of trying this--- I attempted to use some of my +CLV at the local brothel-- and was immediately thrown out. With no explanation!
    edited September 2014
    7-12-1 -6.2 CLV +16.0
    CLV avg +.80

108 ASU +5.5
    127 temple -5.5
    134 rutgers -11.5
    156 Cal -12.5**
    174 Washington +7.5
    198 Air Force +12.5

Luck

Dogs - that was some funny shit !
    edited September 2014
    am on calf as well but waiting , boise I like the best out every bet ive made ....am not sure af could stop my local high school team , might give up the big 50 in this one, and with navy up next ....

good luck brother
    edited September 2014
    Is this what your talking about ?
    Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) can get a little tricky, but I'll try to make it simple. By now you've probably heard the term yet may not fully understand how to use it effectively, if at all. That's because every "Tom, Dick and Mary Marketer" have done their best to make it more complicated than necessary.

The hardest part of calculating CLV is figuring out exactly what your customers' "lifetime" really is.... and the only accurate way to arrive at that number is by getting, storing and analyzing your customers' data. Period. If you've been in business for a while, this should be easy to get, but if you're a start-up you're going to have to estimate this based on industry standards.

Although there are several ways to arrive at CLV, the easiest is to calculate:

1. The average length of time a customer stays your customer

2. The number of transactions that an average customer will have with you during that time and

3. The average dollar amount per transaction

Multiply these together and you'll arrive at a usable number. But remember, junk in, junk out... so make sure your original numbers are accurate
    edited September 2014
    not sure what you are waiting on Cal for , it will get to 14.(I released at 12.5 my avg clv .80, it's going up my followers will bang it) Get it now.

I can't figure out how long my customers are going to live, most are gambling, drinking, smoking, and texting when they are driving, it can't be that long til they check out.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited September 2014
    Maybe we don't fully understand this CLV thing.

obviously
    edited September 2014
    durito wrote: »
    obviously

More obvious is you and your clown friend not understanding a couple guys enjoying a joke.

But hang in there we will get that stick out of you and your buddy's ass soon.

I was wondering which one of you morons would bite the bait !