Betting Talk

WSOP Final Table

BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
edited August 2014 in Sports Betting
Not sure if this is true but this is what my poker buddy told me.

I guess they are playing the final table now ? I thought it was in November.

But I guess in a huge pot 4 Aces lost to a Royal Flush.

That should be fun to watch if that really happened.

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Yep they played the World Series last night, too. I heard there was a no hitter.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    they all must have gotten together last night and played the final table in secrecy
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited August 2014
    H, just asked that is all. You can stop being an asshole all the time.

hopefully you got +CLV in the world series, but even if you lost on the game, i am sure you would still bet it again. (out of all your stupid statements that is one of my favorites)

lake - that is what i heard but i don't know. just was sharing.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BK-
    I think you & your buddy got bad info...
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    hopefully you got +CLV in the world series, but even if you lost on the game, i am sure you would still bet it again. (out of all your stupid statements that is one of my favorites)

That statement is extremely basic and absolute common sense to anybody that wins at this. Good bets lose all the time.

If you could get Kazmir tonight at +150, would you take it? Why or why not? What if you take it, Oakland loses tonight, and then 5 days later it is the exact same pitchers, lineup, umps, bullpen availability, etc. You can again get it for +150. Do you take it? Why or why not?

If someone offers you +400 that a fair sided die comes up with an odd number, do you take it? Why or why not? What if you do take it, the roll comes even, and you are offered +400 again. Do you take it? Why or why not?

Would you take +250 that a fair coin comes up heads? If the first flip loses, would you place the bet again?

Single outcomes mean nothing. If you can constantly get percent edges, like a 60% favorite (-150) for the price of a 55% favorite (~-122), you'll will win long term. Can the 60% favorite lose? Sure, 40% of the time. It doesn't mean the -122 was a bad bet when it happens.
  • paid03paid03 Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »

Yeah, that's far from a stupid statement. You should be willing to bet all of your losers again, or else you aren't making very good picks.
    edited August 2014
    Betting a bad line Kazmir +150 is completely different from playing the same bet.
    Let's use Bucholz vs Richards the other nite, getting Bucholz +10, +20, +30 was not a smart wager and if you would bet it again, you have learned nothing from your loss.
    You have to learn from your losses and your wins, not just blindly accepting your model for the end of time.
    There is so many experienced bettors that can't get away from the Red Sox day in day out, why because they won't adjust.
    Just my 2 cents, which I realize differs.
    H, seriously man no more wars, let's agree to disagree and at least be descent to one another. For my side of it I apologize, enuf already.
    Gotta run fellas teeing off.
    edited August 2014
    My last post was hardly inflammatory. I'm actually trying to help you understand, because if you don't, you'll never win at this.

I've adjusted the Red Sox plenty, but if I can get +131 and it closes +113, you're damn right I'm going to make that bet every time I get the opportunity to. That pretty much tells you +131 was a bad line. That's value. That's an edge. That's how you win. The other day I had Cleveland -105 and it closed -130. Is it a bad bet because it lost?

Basic stuff here.
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    My last post was hardly inflammatory. I'm actually trying to help you understand, because if you don't, you'll never win at this.

I've adjusted the Red Sox plenty, but if I can get +131 and it closes +113, you're damn right I'm going to make that bet every time I get the opportunity to. That pretty much tells you +131 was a bad line. That's value. That's an edge. That's how you win. The other day I had Cleveland -105 and it closed -130. Is it a bad bet because it lost?

Basic stuff here.

Who says the 131 was a bad line, the market? Are they right every time? no
    edited August 2014
    I have a friend who got Denver even $$ in the superbowl. the market said it was a good bet. Would Denver win that game 50% of the time, or should he adjust?
    edited August 2014
    FYI BK pinny still hanging a # on that FT so cash in!
    edited August 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »

Basic stuff here.

h, I didnt mean any of the stuff on this thread was inflammatory. I was talking about the other stuff we get into, going to do my part just not to do it in the future.
    As far as the other stuff, I think it is a difference of opinion or strategy.
    If you are going to give me a far superior team and a better SP vs one of the worst teams in the AL and a pitcher having an awful year and make the game -111 (due to market) , I will take the Angels every day. So quite different from what you think.
    If my choices are Red Sox +130 or Angels -110. Its very simple imo.

I think where we differ is how we value the market.

Kind of like what they did today with Marlins/Rockies game. I disagree with the Rockies move , so I played more on the Marlins.
    edited August 2014
    So here's the big question, bk. If in 5 days, these teams played again with the same lineups, bullpens, starters, conditions, etc., would you play Oak +150? It's currently 8-0 LAA in the 4th. I mean Oakland is going to lose, so wouldn't buying Oak +150 be a bad bet by your logic?

I would also encourage you to take a good, honest look at how you do when you bet a play, the market moves against you and you bet more