Betting Talk

Golf Wagering

RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
edited July 2014 in Sports Betting
What do you guys consider the best spot online for golf wagering, if any. My book only offers outright odds on players with 40-1 or less odds. If you'd like to lay some on longer shots in a place that you will get paid and its fairly easy to deposit some money, where would you go? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• duritodurito Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    5dimes
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    5 dimes will boot you after the first hit...I say Bookmaker.
    edited July 2014
    munson15 wrote: »
    5 dimes will boot you after the first hit...I say Bookmaker.

Not even close to true unless you are cheating.

Bookmaker is good for golf if you want to bet 2k on matchups and don't have pinny, otherwise it doesn't meet any of the op's criteria.
    edited July 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Not even close to true unless you are cheating.

Bookmaker is good for golf if you want to bet 2k on matchups and don't have pinny, otherwise it doesn't meet any of the op's criteria.
    I never won a longshot, I'm going by anecdotal evidence, but I have read that on multiple forums over the years.
    edited July 2014
    munson15 wrote: »
    I never won a longshot, I'm going by anecdotal evidence, but I have read that on multiple forums over the years.

Every single incidence was a shot taker betting something +10,000 that should have been +1,000.
    edited July 2014
    Every single incidence was a shot taker betting something +10,000 that should have been +1,000.
    They do put up some incredible prices. I'l take your word for it since I never had such a problem, unfortunately.:shakehands:
  • gatorshoosiersgatorshoosiers Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    5 dimes 100% the best
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2014

How can you write this with a steady hand? Are you Tony's personal attorney? This is beyond reality.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited July 2014

This is just not true. If you hit a longshot, there is a 50-50 chance Tony boots you - depending on his mood that day.

I can vouch for this personally. I had an account shut down after hitting Matt Every earlier this year at a big price, and it was NOT a bad line.
    edited July 2014
    He has a $ limit for sharp bettors. If the future puts you over the limit then so be it, but it has nothing to do with hitting the future. Almost all golf longshots are -ev, he'd love to take endless action on them.

I've won two wagers ate +15,000 and +16,500 in an account there in the last month. No limits, no shutdowns. Why? Because the account is still down 6 figures.
    edited July 2014
    Nevertheless, the incidents we are referring too is when he cut the payout after the fact, not paid and booted.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Ronbets/Durito, enough of the bullshit childish sniping at each other. Thank you.
    edited July 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Ronbets/Durito, enough of the bullshit childish sniping at each other. Thank you.

Why is he allowed to troll every thread I post in without once contributing a single worthwhile piece of information?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Why is he allowed to troll every thread I post in without once contributing a single worthwhile piece of information?

Not going to get into a back and forth about this. If a mod sees a post that requires attention, it's in his and/or Ed's judgment how to handle it. If you have a problem with a post, please use the "report post" button. Obviously we don't read every post on BT. Beyond that, just ignore him if a post that bothers you is allowed to remain.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    betfair even with heavy commission offers the best prices for winner take all
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    5dimes

/thread(if you're US based)

If you hit a long shot and he cuts u bump this thread and the discussion can continue.
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Deposited a little with 5 Dimes so we will see. I see they do not offer Web.com odds however. Will relay any Open Championship info that I may receive.
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Ha, they just put up the Web.com lines. Any idea why the max they will take on 150-1 guy is $100?
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Ha, they just put up the Web.com lines. Any idea why the max they will take on 150-1 guy is $100?

I'm actually surprised its that high. i was limited to $50 on 100-1 or greater.