Betting Talk

2014 NFL RSWs/Futures

procapprocap Senior Member
edited June 2014 in Sports Betting
All lines are from Bookmaker. You should be able to shop for better numbers on just about all of these. Will probably post a few more as the season comes closer.

Atlanta Falcons ov8.5 -110
Minnesota Vikings ov6 -110
San Diego Chargers un8 +106
Washington Redskins un7.5 -106

Pittsburgh Steelers to win AFC North +205

Comments

• procapprocap Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Steelers ov8.5 -145 is good too
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I looked for those where I thought decent + odds made it worth a shot. Wound up playing;
    Arizona U7.5 +140
    Buffalo U6.5 +145
    Houston U7.5 +135
    Tampa U7 +125
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    procap wrote: »
    All lines are from Bookmaker. You should be able to shop for better numbers on just about all of these. Will probably post a few more as the season comes closer.

Atlanta Falcons ov8.5 -110
    Minnesota Vikings ov6 -110
    San Diego Chargers un8 +106
    Washington Redskins un7.5 -106

Pittsburgh Steelers to win AFC North +205

Question, just trying to get your thoughts on this subject because I love betting regular season totals in all sports. Why would you bet an over so early with injuries always a main concern in all sports. My motto is Under early over late or pass if I lose the over number.
    edited June 2014
    Injuries are always a risk when playing overs in RSWs. A significant injury is more likely to take place during the regular season than it is preseason because the starters aren't seeing significant playing time, so obviously waiting wouldn't help you there. Based off my numbers the three overs I played are all strong and I don't anticipate them being around later in the summer. Could a key player from these teams go down with a serious injury over the summer? Yeah they could, but given the weakness of these numbers that's a risk I'm willing to take. There are a few overs that I still have my eye on that I don't anticipate being gobbled up early, so I will plan to add those later on.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Injuries are always a risk when playing overs in RSWs. A significant injury is more likely to take place during the regular season than it is preseason because the starters aren't seeing significant playing time, so obviously waiting wouldn't help you there. Based off my numbers the three overs I played are all strong and I don't anticipate them being around later in the summer. Could a key player from these teams go down with a serious injury over the summer? Yeah they could, but given the weakness of these numbers that's a risk I'm willing to take. There are a few overs that I still have my eye on that I don't anticipate being gobbled up early, so I will plan to add those later on.

Thanks for the reply. Just trying to get into head a little bit and looking forward to your thread. Hope you didn't mind the question.
    edited June 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Just trying to get into head a little bit and looking forward to your thread. Hope you didn't mind the question.

No problem, you always ask good questions. Like I said, the possibility of injuries will always be a drawback of RSWs. This was just a matter of me believing these numbers were rather weak and wanting to take advantage before they sharpen up.