Betting Talk

11 year old in US Open

BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
edited June 2014 in Sports Betting
I think it is great.
Who cares if she is not going to win, she qualified she has a right.

I see she shot a 78 today, unbelievable !

I am 5 handicap, and guarantee you I could not break 90 there if a 100.

I think pretty incredible stuff. Gotta be some proud parents.

Comments

• CoolsCools Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I think it's pretty cool too. She qualified at a track that I used to play at often, Half Moon Bay.

But come on BK, if you're legitimately a 5 cap I'm pretty sure you could break 90 out there from the tees they're playing from. I'm a 12.6 and I really do believe I could break 100.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Cools wrote: »
    I think it's pretty cool too. She qualified at a track that I used to play at often, Half Moon Bay.

But come on BK, if you're legitimately a 5 cap I'm pretty sure you could break 90 out there from the tees they're playing from. I'm a 12.6 and I really do believe I could break 100.

6700 yards isn't short. Course isn't easy. Greens are brutal.

I'm a 4 and I don't think there's a chance I could break 90, and a very slim chance I break 100.

It's easy to forget how much better the pros are.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited June 2014
    Cools , I didn't know you were a bay area guy. I love the old course at HMB don't care for the Links course. Used to play it twice a month for about 3 years, get this for $25 a round. A friend of a friend knew the developer, where I met the Ahole Barry Bonds one time. (long story)

With no rough (that's a bad thing) and greens running crazy, I doubt I break a 100. Just played Poppy Hills in Monterey which is now identical to #2 with no rough, I shot 90 from the 1 up Tees. So yeah I doubt I break a 100.
    edited June 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    6700 yards isn't short

I never said it was. But it's not 7400 yards like the PGA Tour plays.

My home course is Torrey Pines North and that plays at 6600 and a stimp of 10 on an easy day. The rough is hairy. I've broken 80 out there. I've played it in tournament conditions, the week after the Farmers, and broken 90 many times. We play South at more than 7000.

I did not forget how much better they are, and I wasn't comparing myself to them. I simply stated what I thought I could break 100 at the Women's US Open.

Many, many golfers don't keep accurate handicaps.
    edited June 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Cools , I didn't know you were a bay area guy. I love the old course at HMB don't care for the Links course. Used to play it twice a month for about 3 years, get this for $25 a round. A friend of a friend knew the developer, where I met the Ahole Barry Bonds one time. (long story)

With no rough (that's a bad thing) and greens running crazy, I doubt I break a 100. Just played Poppy Hills in Monterey which is now identical to #2 with no rough, I shot 90 from the 1 up Tees. So yeah I doubt I break a 100.

I was about three years ago BK, down in sunny San Diego now. I agree, the old course is much better, and $25 a round is just larceny ;)

I used to play at Stanford for $20 at the student rate while my wife was in grad school there ;) $13 for twilight haha!

Speaking of, I was up in your neck of the woods at the end of May for a golf trip with my buddies. We played The Ranch in San Jose (have you played that? 150 slope! crazy hard), Cinnabar Hills and then Stanford. I got a hole-in-one on No. 8 Canyon course! It was actually our 17th hole. Here's the link for the Mercury, my buddy sent me a hard copy:

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_25811153/holes-one?source=rss
    edited June 2014
    The other problem with Handicaps I think. Let's say mine is 5.1 index, well 90 -95% of my rounds were at my home course, and unfortunately it is a fairly flat course. So I don't think my 5 travels very well.

Now if you are a 5 at the Olympic Club , I am impressed.

See what I mean with the different courses ? Hope that makes sense.

Oh - so you bring up the Ranch (Stupid fucking course if you ask me) but how difficult is that course ? And it is not even that long. No rush to play that course again.

Next time let me know, we will go play Cour de Valle , have a friend that is a member , worth the price. Fabulous course.

Still waiting for my first hole in one.
    edited June 2014
    Makes perfect sense. My dad is solid on his country club track and when I get him away from that I beat him every time ;)

And what I mean is that most golfers don't adhere to all the rules, therefore their handicaps aren't accurate. They don't putt out every putt, give themselves 1- to 3-footers (or longer if you're in my dad's golf group haha), they don't drop lateral hazards in the right places, they ignore white stakes, etc.

Have you played The Ranch BK? Not sure where you are in the Bay but if not, you should try to get down there. It is the hardest course I've every played, but tons of fun. Bring a box of balls haha.
    edited June 2014
    Yeah I have played the Ranch, I hate it - never going back. (Lost too many golf balls. lol) Moron buddies wanted to play the back tees cuz it was too short they thought, that first hole got us back to the right tees. LOL

Yeah you are right about handicaps where to drop, gimme's , etc., I also think guys play with the same group everyday, then when they have to play a competitor they don't play the same. Believe me I play with guys that are scratch, then we play in a tourney and the guy can't break 80, I am ready to kill him. LOL
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, somehow didn't see the rest of your post. That's funny because everyone I ask that plays out there hates it and never wants to go back, it's certainly a humbling course.

I will definitely hit you up next time I'm in the area as I would love to play CordeValle. Pasatiempo is also on the wish list.
    edited June 2014
    Funny you say Pasatiempo , that is another course. First time out a 5 handicap will have tough time shooting 85.
    Never played a harder course in my life (from correct Tee Box)

It is a challenge but another Fabulous Course.

I will stay in touch, I come to San Diego couple times a year we can try to get together.
    edited June 2014
    Let me know buddy, I'll have a Torrey tee time set up and ready to go. Hit em long and straight!
    edited June 2014
    Headed out of town tomorrow for golf tourney.

If you ever get to Truckee / Reno area.

Go Play these and you wont have to twist my arm to come up and meet you.

WhiteHawk
    Gray's Crossing
    Old Greenwood
    Coyote Moon
    Grizzly Ranch (Best one)

That's what I am playing for the next 7 days, so I better hit them straight, nice talking to you Cools , enjoyed it.