Betting Talk

30 for 30 bad boys

buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Sports Betting
I just watched this. I grew up outside detroit and loved the pistons of the 80's and early 90's. So many great games with the celtics, bulls and lakers.

I thought this was great documentary!

Comments

• MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2014
    I find myself wanting to know the spreads on all the games they talk about and show highlights from.

When I watched the SMU one where they went undefeated and claimed they were the best team (1982) I went and found some power ratings from those years. http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/cf82.htm

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf1982&sub=11590
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    The doc was well done. As a Celtics fan, I can't even put into words how much I hated those Piston teams
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    kane wrote: »
    The doc was well done. As a Celtics fan, I can't even put into words how much I hated those Piston teams

As a Piston fan, right back at ya. I hated the Bills and Lakers, but I had an extra special hate for the Celtics. I can't even tell you how crushing it was when Bird stole that pass.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    kane wrote: »

That's funny because I felt the same about the celtics. I still remember it like yesterday when bird stole the in bound pass and won the game. Classic game!

I have hated the celtics ever since
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    As a Piston fan, right back at ya. I hated the Bills and Lakers, but I had an extra special hate for the Celtics. I can't even tell you how crushing it was when Bird stole that pass.

Obv you mean the Bulls, and at least this is something we can agree on
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    buythehook wrote: »
    That's funny because I felt the same about the celtics. I still remember it like yesterday when bird stole the in bound pass and won the game. Classic game!

I have hated the celtics ever since

Whenever I see or even think about that play, I get goose bumps. Bird gets all the credit for that play and deservedly so, but how smart was DJ to see the steal and immediately cut to the basket, but he never gets mentioned. BTW, the one single play that crushed me and will always haunt me was in '87, game four in the Garden, Magic with a baby hook shot from the middle of the lane. I have replayed that shot a million times in my head, watching him cock his arm back and just get it over the fingertips of Kevin McHale, to say I was devastated would be putting it mildly. Great times and (mostly) great memories of the NBA back then.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I loved the bad boys documentary also loved requiem for big east (and for that matter mostly all of the 30 for 30 stuff) but am I the only one that misses that style of basketball? its amazing how much both the college and the NBA game has changed in the last 20-30 years
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    My favorite 30 for 30 is still the one about the Colombian National team. Very powerful.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    I find myself wanting to know the spreads on all the games they talk about and show highlights from.

When I watched the SMU one where they went undefeated and claimed they were the best team (1982) I went and found some power ratings from those years. http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/cf82.htm

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf1982&sub=11590

I think that was my favorite 30/30. The SMU piece. Great look inside college football.
  • bcl4bcl4 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I also just watched The Bad Boys, very well done. The Two Escobars was fantastic, as was Once Brothers. Both incredible stories that I did not know much about. The one about the Hillsborough soccer stadium disaster was incredibly captivating and disturbing at the same time. Also, not an ESPN doc, but The Crash Reel may be my favorite documentary of all time.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I've seen nearly all the 30 for 30's, there's only a few I've missed and all of them are extremely well done. I would say my top three, the one about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac, the "U", and the one about Chris Herren
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    I have to agree, I have seen almost of all them. My top 3 are , the U, vlade one when he went to Croatia and the bad boys. I also really enjoyed the SMU one as well.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    bcl4 wrote: »
    I also just watched The Bad Boys, very well done. The Two Escobars was fantastic, as was Once Brothers. Both incredible stories that I did not know much about. The one about the Hillsborough soccer stadium disaster was incredibly captivating and disturbing at the same time. Also, not an ESPN doc, but The Crash Reel may be my favorite documentary of all time.

Agree, Once Brothers is right up there for me as well. Another powerful documentary. I also really enjoyed the one about Paul Westhead and the Loyola Marymount basketball team.

Also, although not a 30 for 30, if u haven't seen the ESPN short special on Louis Mulkey and the Summerville basketball team that won the South Carolina state basketball championship, I highly recommend it. You won't regret the 15 minutes ;)

Part 1:

Part2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugbq3kLDWKI
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Chris Herren doc was amazing.
  • eug44eug44 Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    if you guys get a chance watch the lenny cooke documentary you can order it on showtime this guy was a pure beast

http://www.lennycookemovie.com/