Betting Talk

donald sterling

katwkatw Senior Member
edited May 2014 in Sports Betting
I Think it is absolutely Wrong what they did to this guy.I hope someone puts a hit on that B..ch,

Comments

• katwkatw Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I do not think he is a good guy,but he does have his rights, one of which is not to be tape recorded by a friend. I am outhaged. Total Bull shit.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Another great example.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    Man how the fuck do some of you guys type so fast with the white sheets over your heads ?

Wholly crap have these two threads been an eye opener.

Not your comment Kash
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I think it's pretty clear she set him up for the fall, but who put her up to it is the ?
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    katw wrote: »
    I do not think he is a good guy,but he does have his rights, one of which is not to be tape recorded by a friend. I am outhaged. Total Bull shit.

I heard somewhere on TV today CNN/ESPN/Fox I'm not sure which channel "he wanted all his conversations taped because he can't always remember what he says" no joke that's what they said. Just FYI.
    edited April 2014
    Cj,
    That is what his girlfriends attorney said , so she would not be charged for illegally taping a conversation.
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Cj,
    That is what his girlfriends attorney said , so she would not be charged for illegally taping a conversation.

Thanks BK- That makes sense. I was busy & not really paying attention.
  • sportsjunkiesportsjunkie Member
    edited May 2014
    I love what Tommy Lasorda said about her getting hit by a car. The girl is one 30 yr old psycotic bimbo
    edited May 2014
    Here is some more good stuff on this horrible human being.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-sterlings-litigation-20140520-story.html#page=1
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited May 2014
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what this man says or does. The only reason it became such a big deal is because there's only like 6 white people who can play in the entire league and the rest are black.

I understand you are pissed because you aren't white but that chip on your shoulder is a heavy burden to bear your entire life. Let it go.
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Here is some more good stuff on this horrible human being.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-sterlings-litigation-20140520-story.html#page=1

OMG..Him and his wife are the biggest douchbags on earth.Hope the NBA takes as much as they can.
    edited May 2014
    Jafar wrote: »
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what this man says or does. The only reason it became such a big deal is because there's only like 6 white people who can play in the entire league and the rest are black.

I understand you are pissed because you aren't white but that chip on your shoulder is a heavy burden to bear your entire life. Let it go.
    You might want to get out of the sun a little bit. Maybe stay in the shade so stupid remarks from your brain to your fingers get delayed and you realize your ignorance.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Former commish Stern didn't know the Sterlings' history? Appears as if one paison is turning a blind eye on the other. Oh, just to keep things in balance here.......Magic Johnson. We welcomed this guy to Las Vegas a few years ago under his promise to help the inner city and our youth. He never followed through and left unpaid tax bills on properties they purchased and abandoned. Oh yeah, wasn't that a classy thing Magic said about D'Antoni's departure from the Lakers? FTGuys.
  • talkingpracticetalkingpractice Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    i hadn't seen this thread back in april. tbh i'm really floored that there are people on here defending that bozo. the wagering community must see this issue as very different than the basketball/analytics community, as we've been uniformly disgusted that a clown like that can own an nba team.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    It kills me to say this, as it really speaks volumes of how backwards our country is, but I honestly believe if Sterling made the exact same comments but towards a different race other than African Americans, let say Hispanics, there wouldn't have been nearly the same backlash. And that's disgusting to me.
    edited May 2014
    i hadn't seen this thread back in april. tbh i'm really floored that there are people on here defending that bozo. the wagering community must see this issue as very different than the basketball/analytics community, as we've been uniformly disgusted that a clown like that can own an nba team.

Amazing what you learn about people when things like that happen.
    There was another one of these threads where it was equally disgusting, it goes on and on everyday.
    Don't throw all of us wagering community in the same Klan, some of us know the difference between right and wrong.
    edited May 2014
    procap wrote: »
    It kills me to say this, as it really speaks volumes of how backwards our country is, but I honestly believe if Sterling made the exact same comments but towards a different race other than African Americans, let say Hispanics, there wouldn't have been nearly the same backlash. And that's disgusting to me.

100 % correct Pro.

You think the NFL would allow "N____" Washington football team ?
    But because it is another minority group they can run right over them.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    You think the NFL would allow "N____" Washington football team ?

Exactly (here I am agreeing with you again lol)... That shit tilts me to no end. An NFL team in the nation's frickin capital is still allowed to be called the Redskins? GTFO.
  • talkingpracticetalkingpractice Junior Member
    edited May 2014
    Don't throw all of us wagering community in the same Klan, some of us know the difference between right and wrong.

You're very right here and I was definitely silly to have said that yesterday. The comments in here just surprised me a lot.
    edited May 2014
    Capitalism no longer exists in this Country. You can't force someone to sell something based on their verbal comments or agenda.
    edited May 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Capitalism no longer exists in this Country. You can't force someone to sell something based on their verbal comments or agenda.

Yes absolutely 100% you can. If you are in partnerships with or your decision making hurts the overall brand, absolutely you can.
    All Franchises have clauses that protect the "brand" and that provide them a way to kick you out.

Forget the NBA let's say an owner of a chain of Subways said the same thing, Subway would have a right to kick that owner out and force them to sell.
    The NBA is going to win this on, "they are protecting the "Brand" and the other owners". And correct in my eyes, if I was an owner I would want him out.
    Fairly simple case from what I can see, guys a lot richer then Sterling lost franchises before, don't see how this will be much different.
    edited May 2014
    I wasn't thinking franchise at the moment I posted, but on those grounds you are absolutely correct.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes wraps BK is 100% right and they have the right of refusal is Sterling tries to slip someone in to buying the team the owners can refuse the sale also. It's in the contact that you sign much like the example that BK gave of a franchise. If you are hurting the name and company they can throw you out. He'll get fair price and he may even want to waste his money hiring lawyers to fight although I'm sure he has them on retainer anyway. He'll be gone by end of year if not sooner as it sure be. What he did is inexcusable but the reason when this came out I said they shouldn't force him to sell was because of his family not his wife but I think he has a son that will now suffer also. collateral damage is always sad.

Edit: We were typing the same time wraps
    edited May 2014
    - 2 billion dollars ! In the words of Charlie Sheen that is winning! Good grief.

Speaking of Charlie anybody else see him on baseball last Sunday, he was great I thought.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2014
    The evil prosper

2 billion

not worth 1 billion

Who said life is fair???????
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited May 2014
    He's gonna have to pay close to a billion in capital gains taxes instead of being able to pass it on to his heirs. I'm hoping he follows through with his lawyer's words to block it but I'm not sure that's going to be the case anymore.