Betting Talk

"The Super Bowl of Sports Gambling"

procapprocap Senior Member
edited February 2014 in Sports Betting
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/02/magazine/the-super-bowl-of-sports-gambling.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1

A lot of classic lines in this coupled with a mugshot of VR that leaves you thinking he has do be doing meth. Enjoy.

Comments

• baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    So are these pregame clowns actually connected to a group? That wins? How is VR getting down 30k in one afternoon- these cannot possibly be his own selections. Or his money. I'm so confused.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    So are these pregame clowns actually connected to a group? That wins? How is VR getting down 30k in one afternoon- these cannot possibly be his own selections. Or his money. I'm so confused.

It's all bull shit. What a joke of an article.
  • mjc257mjc257 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    that article makes me want to vomit.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    They all look like crackheads... Was that intentional?
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    When I saw the huge "mugshots" that were included in the article, I knew not to read that garbage (not to mention the clowns that are in it). Just another article written by know-nothings that have to perpetuate negative stereotypes/falsehoods in order to get more know-nothings to read it.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Did anyone else notice how ironic it is that RJ Bell grew up in a town called Shadyside?
  • Prime MoverPrime Mover Member
    edited January 2014
    Vegas Dave owes 50k to a local for a couple years now. Water is warm...
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Bunch if fawkin crackheads, for gods sake wash your faces.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    “Since 1990, any N.F.L. underdog that lost by 30 or more points the last game beats the spread 61 percent of the time the next game.”

Damn-- how come nobody told me this during football season? :wacko:
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    That angle isn't any sort of secret. I'm almost certain I first heard of that one from Kellen sometime around 2003ish (he may have mentioned it in his book), and if not him, someone else mentioned it. I'm also pretty sure you also would have lost following that angle this year. I don't have a DB in front of me but checking manually, it looks like it went 3-4 vs the close, but realistically a follower would have gone 4-4 since the Eagles week 5 vs NYG closed the favorite but were the dog until perhaps 90 minutes before kickoff.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    That angle isn't any sort of secret. I'm almost certain I first heard of that one from Kellen sometime around 2003ish (he may have mentioned it in his book), and if not him, someone else mentioned it. I'm also pretty sure you also would have lost following that angle this year. I don't have a DB in front of me but checking manually, it looks like it went 3-4 vs the close, but realistically a follower would have gone 4-4 since the Eagles week 5 vs NYG closed the favorite but were the dog until perhaps 90 minutes before kickoff.

I could be wrong but I think that trend was if remember any underdog that lost by 30 or more and the following week was a home favorite you bet against them. It's been so long but I think that was a Cokin thing. But like I said long time ago. VR still using it Philly Godfather, VR Classic
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Being recognized by main stream media is not about winning it's about marketing. Sell Sell Sell. These guys are great at promoting themselves. Salute to them for totally selling out. (I guess, just kidding, they suck and aren't good) I'd rather be anonymous and follow and bounce ideas off of a lot smarter people than ever be in the NY Times for this nonsense. The guys I pay attention to turn profits. There are some smart people just a few clicks away. At least that's what I've found using this forum. I'm not so sure those morons, in the above article, can say the same in their own circle. Or the masses that lose everything following them.

May their bullshit lead the masses to Denver so I can hit Seattle 1 more time on the moneyline......
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    To me it's just very sad that these clowns get this sort of publicity. I know mainstream media doesn't know any better, but so many suckers are getting led to the slaughter house.