Serves 4 people.

Ingredients:
    3 cups self-rising flour
    1 cup cornstarch
    3 tablespoons seasoned salt
    2 tablespoons paprika
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 package Italian salad dressing mix – powder
    1 package onion soup mix – (1 1/2 ounces)
    1 package spaghetti sauce mix – (1/2 ounce)
    3 tablespoons sugar
    3 cups corn flakes – crush slightly
    2 eggs – well beaten
    1/4 cup cold water
    4 pounds chicken – cut up

Method:

1. Combine first 9 ingredients in large bowl. Put the cornflakes into another bowl. Put eggs and water in a 3rd
    bowl.

2. Put enough corn oil into a heavy roomy skillet to fill it 1″ deep. Heat skillet.

3. Grease a 9x12x2 baking pan. Set aside.

4. Preheat oven to 350.

5. Dip chicken pieces 1 piece at a time as follows: 1) Into dry coating mix. 2) Into egg and water mix. 3) Into corn
    flakes. 4) Briskly but briefly back into dry mix. 5) Drop into hot oil, skin-side-down and brown 3 to 4 minutes on
    medium high. Turn and brown other side of each piece.

6. Place chicken in prepared pan in single layer, skin-side-up. Seal in foil, on 3 sides only, leaving 1 side loose for
    steam to escape.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes removing foil then to test tenderness of chicken. Allow to bake
    uncovered 5 minutes longer to crisp the coating.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Rip007 wrote: »
    absolutely. I knew they would bite, when I opened the thread, like mice to cheese, hope Ed's making some money on this, pretty good marketing, wouldn't you say Ed......too funny
    Three games hit the radar screen this past week Atl/OKC. mon nite, (atl covered lost by a basket) sacr last night, (covered lost by a basket) philly, last night, washed out......back to (bell labs) boys.........I will be golfing, bowling, fishing, getting some ........well, you know whil,e your scratching your heads
    figuring how to win games......

Lol on you making Ed money for this joke of a thread. He's richer than 10 foot up a bulls ass. The very last thing he needs is for you to post a brutal thread, that i must say, trumps anything I've ever once considered posting in terms of stupidity. Congrats on your 100$ weekly collection though
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    lol. I love it golfer! get him... get him...
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Wtf Edward, are you turning this joint into Cooking Talk? Lmao, you guys are hijacking Rip's thread.

Rip,
    Sprechen Sie Deutsche?

you've" hijacked" the forum what's another thread, enough for today "elitist utopians," good luck with your wagers......."don't bet more than you can afford to lose"......
    edited February 2014
    "don't bet more than you can afford to lose"......

now that is some knowledge dropped folks... coming from the master himself.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    you've" hijacked" the forum what's another thread, enough for today "elitist utopians," good luck with your wagers......."don't bet more than you can afford to lose"......

Can someone just admit they are trolling and who they are. I want to give them some props.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I can't believe I was referenced numerous times in this thread. I will continue throwing darts, it's working so far.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    kass101 wrote: »
    Can someone just admit they are trolling and who they are. I want to give them some props.

This guy is real. He's been on other forums, too.
    edited February 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    This guy is real. He's been on other forums, too.[/QUOTE

Good god... can we please just ban him and start an OT cooking thread as I love cooking and their are some great ideas so far in this thread. This fucking guy brings back the headache inducing posts you would read at those other garbage forums and not here.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Rip007, since you're referencing OO7 in your handle, here's your idol Sean Connery in action. A downtown Vegas chase.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLAI-MV5ik
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree there have been some great recipes by some very talented people who bet sports. That Jalapeno recipe by Groovin sounds great and will try that asap. It sounds delicious. The other recipes sound great and will get to them also I just love Jalapenos and use them a lot in cooking. I don't mean to make fun of your headaches but this is classic
    This fucking guy brings back the headache inducing posts I swear between the picture dtrain posted and your statements about headaches are truly fall off the chair funny.

Rip did you bet the Super Bowl or did you hit your limit?
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    The recipe I posted was actually from Emeril, but I make something similar. I only use recipes for baking since I hate measuring, but I can usually find a recipe something close to what I make rather than have to guess at proportions.

I buy 2 lb bags of fresh jalapenos and pickle some of them so they don't go bad.
    edited February 2014
    The recipe I posted was actually from Emeril, but I make something similar. I only use recipes for baking since I hate measuring, but I can usually find a recipe something close to what I make rather than have to guess at proportions.

I buy 2 lb bags of fresh jalapenos and pickle some of them so they don't go bad.

Pretty much the same, I have had a passion for cooking since I was younger and lived with divorced parents where one was terrible and the other ordered out every night. But you still have to use recipes for baking and I had fucking baking.

Below is probably one of the easiest and tastiest things you will ever do if you like shellfish. Make this as often as I can.

3 pounds Mussels or Clams or any combo. We have Penn Cove Mussels where I live which are best in the world so I usually go with all those.

3 Pounds Mussels
    Butter
    White Wine
    Garlic
    Chorizo
    Onion
    Lemon

Get the fresh Chorizo as it works much better here, use some olive oil to get that started and brown the Chorizo with the chopped garlic and onions. Once that is nice and browned, add the Mussels and toss around for a bit before adding some wine and covering at high heat. Cook until they just open which isnt long and add a bit of butter to make things nice. Poor into a big bowl, squeeze some lemon, add some nice bread and have a great meal.
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    sorry, boys, been away paying "homage' to a very good NBA capper whom recently retired...never using your methods
    when we left off the Mods: Tommy L and Goats posted they were bumping the thread quite often , kudos to them for learning Rip's "common sense"
    methods on how to make profits and , attempting to abandon "Tarot Card Reading", for future results....ED ( please remember these guys when they are up or their annual employee review) for the rest of the "mentally challenged" Grampy is still holding out hope......we will get there !
    shout out to the silent majority, the" if you need "a straw hat in a blizzard" the "witchdoctors" have plenty in stock

board watching: as I mentioned in an earlier post, there are fades out there and there are tails......moneylines are a interesting example, sometimes they fall like a rock and the games are blowouts, sometimes they go up and the games are close..sometimes they.waffle back and forth,.sometimes you see on one moneyline, sometimes you see only two, sometimes you see many in the line history..get in the habit of looking at those in conjunction with the spread/moneyline especially if the spread does not move.........review all games the next day......
    for the record, I bet 100 on the( under) in the Super Bowl 50 on the Seahawks ML...small spreads like that worth taking the( moneyline)

out, have to go back to reality........Sitting Bull," still waiting for your reading materials"
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2014
    when we left off the Mods: Tommy L and Goats posted they were bumping the thread quite often , kudos to them for learning Rip's "common sense" methods on how to make profits and , attempting to abandon "Tarot Card Reading"

This has to a be failed attempt at sarcasm, right? I won't speak for Tommy, but I click on this thread so often b/c it's my job to keep an eye on ridiculous threads that are likely to need moderating. It's not even entertaining to me anymore; it's sad.
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    goats, you have no sense of humor, I feel I am contributing to the forum.......it all comes down to a" difference of opinion", now, doesn't it
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Ribs

Ingredients

BBQ Rub:
    1 cup turbinado sugar, ground
    1/4 cup kosher salt
    6 tablespoons Spanish paprika
    4 tablespoons chili powder
    2 tablespoons granulated garlic
    1 tablespoon onion powder
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons ground mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse ground

Ribs:
    One 2.25-pound slab of baby back pork ribs (also known as loin-back ribs)
    2 tablespoons yellow mustard
    2 tablespoons BBQ sauce, for glazing, optional

Directions
    For the rub: The day before cooking, mix the turbinado sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, granulated garlic, onion powder, ground cumin, ground mustard, cayenne pepper and black pepper together.

For the ribs: Take a slab of ribs and turn over so the curved side is up. Using your fingernail or a knife, pry under the membrane until you can put your finger under it and then pull it off.

Sprinkle this side of the ribs with about 1 tablespoon rub, and then about 1 tablespoon yellow mustard. Use the mustard to help evenly distribute the seasoning. Turn the ribs over and repeat the process. Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.

To cook, start a smoker and bring the temp to 200 degrees F. Use apple or cherry wood chunks to provide smoke and flavor. Place the ribs in the smoker, curved side down. Smoke for 2 hours at 200 degrees F, and then raise the temperature to 250 degrees F for about 2 1/2 hours. Check for tenderness by testing if the bones will pull apart with a slight bit of pressure. If they are still tough, allow to cook for another 30 minutes.

Remove from the smoker. For dry-style ribs, sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon rub. For wet-style ribs, glaze with the BBQ sauce.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited February 2014
    goats, you have no sense of humor, I feel I am contributing to the forum.......it all comes down to a" difference of opinion", now, doesn't it

It certainly does. IMO I have a pretty good, albeit more dry/witty/sarcastic, sense of humor. We also clearly differ on the opinion of how/what you're contributing to the forum. That said, I'd be willing to wager that 99% of serious/educated/pro bettors would agree that you're contributing mostly nonsense.
    edited February 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    It certainly does. IMO I have a pretty good, albeit more dry/witty/sarcastic, sense of humor. We also clearly differ on the opinion of how/what you're contributing to the forum. That said, I'd be willing to wager that 99% of serious/educated/pro bettors would agree that you're contributing mostly nonsense.

but he said that small spreads like the SB's make for good ML bets. that is contribution brothers!
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Love the recipes in this thread keep em coming thanks!
    edited February 2014
    Goats wrote: »

Can I wager on the over?
    edited February 2014

How about we see some plays before the games start? I'd love to learn more about your system.
    edited February 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    How about we see some plays before the games start? I'd love to learn more about your system.

He is up for the week, didnt you hear he hit on the seahawks because moneline dogs are better bets at small spreads like that. he is not betting all week bro. Lock in that profit!!!
  • BishBish Member
    edited February 2014
    I made Groovin's cannelloni recipe tonight added pancetta and emulsified put it on crustini. ......delicious
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Since this joint has turned into Cookingtalk. Wine goes well with the above recipes. Here's a suggestion on how to open a bottle of wine sans corkscrew. This might impress your woman.

http://www.flixxy.com/how-to-open-wine-bottle-with-shoe.htm
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    Bettalk Casserole

1.5 lb. of coyote meat
    1.5 lb. seagull meat
    1 egg
    1/2 cup of flour
    1/ cup of water
    3 cups of bird seed
    Directions: braise both meats using flour, water, and butter
    put in baking dish, sprinkle the top with bird seed bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours
    serve with a bottle of cheap red port wine, delicious
    then bet some games, priceless !
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    T-Wolves
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited February 2014
    Since this joint has turned into Cookingtalk. Wine goes well with the above recipes. Here's a suggestion on how to open a bottle of wine sans corkscrew. This might impress your woman.

Red Wine always goes well with me!!!
    Glass Please!!!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited February 2014

That's really cool, The other thing is I could see myself breaking the bottle a trip to the hospital for stitches and wine all over me and and the girl I'm looking to bang.
  • Rip007Rip007 Banned
    edited February 2014
    T-Wolves

tail or fade the number hit the board, can't play on the moneyline though, with Love a gametime decision
This discussion has been closed.