Yeah that's a good one, too.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Take them both on the money line.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    536 tcu +5

I just posted this play in another thread, I missed the opener though. I'm also fading NDU off their Duke win, GL
  • miller4m2miller4m2 Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    Do you guys post any analysis here? I've seen a lot of picks but rarely a few words about the reason behind it. Just asking if this is normal for this forum...
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    miller4m2 wrote: »
    Do you guys post any analysis here? I've seen a lot of picks but rarely a few words about the reason behind it. Just asking if this is normal for this forum...

That's up to each individual poster and could vary even by the play. I'm not willing to discuss my reasons for this one.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Seriously Jeff? Not willing to discuss your reasoning. I can't imagine it's earth shattering information. I mean, we are talking about a sports pick here, not Area 51, lol.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2014
    miller4m2 wrote: »

Not sure how you can generalize about an entire forum. That said, people who can actually win in the long run will rarely share analysis that means much. Most "analysis" you'll see on forums is anecdotal.

In any case, welcome aboard!
  • TexasHookEmTexasHookEm Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    jammer wrote: »
    Seriously Jeff? Not willing to discuss your reasoning. I can't imagine it's earth shattering information. I mean, we are talking about a sports pick here, not Area 51, lol.

Sometimes, all it takes is one post to ruin an angle for everybody. I think most people, myself included, would prefer just the pick and no write-ups ever.
    edited January 2014
    jammer wrote: »

Seriously.
  • pufferfishpufferfish Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I get the 'no write-up' thing, as it makes sense if you have an edge to not reveal your 'secret', but only in the event someone like buffettgambler, or anyone else who has publicly kept a record (here or somewhere else) against widely available -110 lines is the one posting the play.

Have you done this Dr. H? I don't ask to be a jerk, but what value does just plainly supplying a pick with no rationale OR prior records do to help the forum? How does anyone know you worth tailing without the slightest hint as to why?

IF you have posted records, or even have a thread somewhere that is quite possibly right in front of my face, I sincerely apologize. Maybe you have a reputation around here, I'm not sure. So not accusing, just wondering aloud.
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't someone asking just the other day why I don't post plays here? Geesh.

It's not my obligation to tell you my methods, convince you that I have an edge, show you a publicly kept record, give you the rotation #, notify you of early start times, post reasoning, prove anything to you, or do anything else. I think that I have an edge. I think it's a good play, and I posted it because I think it's got a positive expectation. There are strong reasons behind that, but no, I'm not willing to share. Do whatever you want with that information.
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Wasn't someone asking just the other day why I don't post plays here? Geesh.

It's not my obligation to tell you my methods, convince you that I have an edge, show you a publicly kept record, give you the rotation #, notify you of early start times, post reasoning, prove anything to you, or do anything else. I think that I have an edge. I think it's a good play, and I posted it because I think it's got a positive expectation. There are strong reasons behind that, but no, I'm not willing to share. Do whatever you want with that information.

You didn't answer any of my questions, and I never said you were obligated to do anything. It just seems incredibly silly and naive to me to take the time to make a thread such as this one and think people will actually tail. I guess there are people who actually will given the multiple 'thanks' on your initial post. Good luck with the play.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    pufferfish wrote: »
    You didn't answer any of my questions, and I never said you were obligated to do anything. It just seems incredibly silly and naive to me to take the time to make a thread such as this one and think people will actually tail. I guess there are people who actually will given the multiple 'thanks' on your initial post. Good luck with the play.

I'll answer your question- yes, he has. It would only take 3 seconds to do a search for threads he's started, and you'd find his MLB thread from last year, with clv and results updated regularly.
    edited January 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    I'll answer your question- yes, he has. It would only take 3 seconds to do a search for threads he's started, and you'd find his MLB thread from last year, with clv and results updated regularly.

Thanks.
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for answering the simple question I posed that Dr. H couldn't. I can't find the thread you're referencing, and I spent longer than three seconds. Can you please link me to it?

http://www.bettingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php/173735-2013-MLB-The-Doctor-s-Makin-Housecalls
    You clearly never served in the military.
    edited January 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »

Yeah, I found it right after I made the post saying I couldn't. Thanks for sharing.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Puffer, here's the info, he paid off a couple shooters on the opposite team to miss baskets and not cover.
    Now go bet the farm :basketball:
    edited January 2014
    You didn't answer any of my questions, and I never said you were obligated to do anything. Good luck with the play.

You certainly implied it. A good chunk of your posts are asking for someone to spoon feed you something, and you're asking how THIS post could help the forum? I'm not going to post a resume with every pick I put up, which is basically what you were asking for.

Here, let me answer the questions for you:

Have you done this Dr. H? Yes. One thing you could try would be to look at my profile.

What value does just plainly supplying a pick with no rationale OR prior records do to help the forum? Possibly some, possibly none. We'll see. Decide for yourself. Do you greet everybody this way? "Hey man, I'm pufferfish, who do you like tonight?" "The niners." "Are you documented? What good is your opinion if I don't know shit about you? How do I know whether to believe you or not?"

How does anyone know you worth tailing without the slightest hint as to why? They don't. See if it beats the close. See if it wins. See who thanks me for the pick. Use your brain.
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    You certainly implied it. A good chunk of your posts are asking for someone to spoon feed you something, and you're asking how THIS post could help the forum? I'm not going to post a resume with every pick I put up, which is basically what you were asking for.

Here, let me answer the questions for you:

Have you done this Dr. H? Yes. One thing you could try would be to look at my profile.

What value does just plainly supplying a pick with no rationale OR prior records do to help the forum? Possibly some, possibly none. We'll see. Decide for yourself. Do you greet everybody this way? "Hey man, I'm pufferfish, who do you like tonight?" "The niners." "Are you documented? What good is your opinion if I don't know shit about you? How do I know whether to believe you or not?"

How does anyone know you worth tailing without the slightest hint as to why? They don't. See if it beats the close. See if it wins. See who thanks me for the pick. Use your brain.

Since you like the obligation angle, where am I obligated to do anything other than tail picks? If it weren't for a large audience of people like me, what benefit would there be in people like buffettgambler even sharing plays? The idea behind publicly posting plays with no/very little rationale, as he does, is to help people win.

So being that your thread followed this same pattern of buffett's, and being that you have no known records indicative of being a winner, I felt it fair to inquire assuming you wanted to help people. It's very clear your massive ego outweighs any part of you looking to actually help, given your replies (or lack thereof) to my fair questions.
    edited January 2014
    Since you like the obligation angle, where am I obligated to do anything other than tail picks? If it weren't for a large audience of people like me, what benefit would there be in people like buffettgambler even sharing plays? The idea behind publicly posting plays with no/very little rationale, as he does, is to help people win.

So being that your thread followed this same pattern of buffett's, and being that you have no known records indicative of being a winner, I felt it fair to inquire assuming you wanted to help people. It's very clear your massive ego outweighs any part of you looking to actually help, given your replies (or lack thereof) to my fair questions.

Wow. This makes me wish there was some sort of invite-only thread system, where people like this can be voluntarily blocked. Like a reverse-ignore feature. Giving away free money to people like this just doesn't feel right.
    edited January 2014
    You know this reminds me of years ago when people used to follow me around the track and ask me for winners.
    So I would give some out and they would look at the tote board and walk away seeing the odds where to high for them to stomach.
    Then after the horse won they would come back and ask how did you come up with that horse with all those bad run lines.
    The questions never stopped. First they ask, who u like, then they Don't bet and after it comes in they want to know how it won.
    Thanks goodness for TVG
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014

The quicker you get over this mentality, the more useful you'll find this forum.
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    You know this reminds me of years ago when people used to follow me around the track and ask me for winners.
    So I would give some out and they would look at the tote board and walk away seeing the odds where to high for them to stomach.
    Then after the horse won they would come back and ask how did you come up with that horse with all those bad run lines.
    The questions never stopped. First they ask, who u like, then they Don't bet and after it comes in they want to know how it won.
    Thanks goodness for TVG

Some of you have an incredibly difficult time with reading comprehension. Where did I "ask for winners"?
    edited January 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    The quicker you get over this mentality, the more useful you'll find this forum.

I find the forum incredibly useful. Where did I say otherwise? It's alarming how disorganized and irrational some of the replies in this thread have been.
    edited January 2014
    Some of you have an incredibly difficult time with reading comprehension. Where did I "ask for winners"?

You wanted a WRITE UP so to me that's asking him to justify his picks
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    You wanted a WRITE UP so to me that's asking him to justify his picks

I never asked for a write-up, you need to learn how to read.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I find the forum incredibly useful. Where did I say otherwise? It's alarming how disorganized and irrational some of the replies in this thread have been.

You came in and immediately ask/expect Dr to justify the reason for his plays, then ramble on when he doesnt explain why its a play for him. There are guys here who are willing to share their POV on certain plays and there are guys who arent. Its not required to post a record unless DR is posting plays all season long which he is not.

The new year started with less drama and arguying around here then normal and it was quite nice to not have to sort through the BS. He didnt post a reason for the play, leave it at that and move along. You're simply wasting your own time and a quick search or two wouldve provided you with the answers to most of your questions. Good Luck tonight regardless.
    edited January 2014
    Have you done this Dr. H? I don't ask to be a jerk, but what value does just plainly supplying a pick with no rationale OR prior records do to help the forum? How does anyone know you worth tailing without the slightest hint as to why?

Puffer.....You wrote that... and the sentence ends with a WHY... just like all the people at the track WHY do you like that horse???
    edited January 2014
    cpech56 wrote: »
    You came in and immediately ask/expect Dr to justify the reason for his plays, then ramble on when he doesnt explain why its a play for him. There are guys here who are willing to share their POV on certain plays and there are guys who arent. Its not required to post a record unless DR is posting plays all season long which he is not.

The new year started with less drama and arguying around here then normal and it was quite nice to not have to sort through the BS. He didnt post a reason for the play, leave it at that and move along. You're simply wasting your own time and a quick search or two wouldve provided you with the answers to most of your questions. Good Luck tonight regardless.

I'm asking because I would love to follow (hence why he posted the play, so people could follow), but not blindly. I asked fair questions, never said he was obligated to do anything, never demanded anything, etc.

A BIG reason this thread turned negative was because people have trouble reading. You must have also missed where I said this in my very first post: "IF you have posted records, or even have a thread somewhere that is quite possibly right in front of my face, I sincerely apologize. Maybe you have a reputation around here, I'm not sure. So not accusing, just wondering aloud."