Betting Talk

Dirk Nowitzki fri v Clippers

rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
edited January 2014 in Sports Betting
I see him listed as questionable; the line movement says he is out. So I bet the Mavs tonite.

I know Kahuna and Wraps have discussed this idea before in the context of faves v dogs. What do you guys make of it when the team starts as a fave and moves to be the dog?

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Dallas is the play. Nowitzki being out plus the Clips go to San Anton tomm.
    I'm on Dallas +3 and the over which Buffet gave out earlier this morning
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Yes, What I find interesting and also the things I love about the NBA this morning report

Nowitzki is nursing an ankle injury but expects to play Friday against the Clippers.

Yesterday we had the almost the same thing with the Cav game except in the morning it appear there was a chance that K. Irving was going to play. the number then goes to three then when the news comes out that he's not playing the number naturally goes back to -2 where it opened but the
    the total stood the same for a while and then the Under got pounded down to 193.5. from 197 starting around 2:30pm

Now that we know Dirk isn't playing the number is still 204 this has to come down at least to 200/201. Would if be an advisable to buy back the 204 and wait until near game time at what I feel is going to be a much better number. The NBA is a funny place.
    edited January 2014
    OT: Kirk slows the pace down, but he does score. I played over at 203.5. I don't see this total moving lower than that #
    but like you said the NBA is a funny place.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited January 2014
    I personally played the Clippers -1.5 assuming Dirk would play, without him if I could still find -1.5 , I would play it again. Not as happy with my 204 over at this time but will stay pat. Good luck with your guys position , maybe we can get the Clips to win by 2 and all be happy.
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    OT: Kirk slows the pace down, but he does score. I played over at 203.5. I don't see this total moving lower than that #
    but like you said the NBA is a funny place.

I understand what your saying but Dirk is a go to guy who's a freak 7 footer. Let me ask you if you knew Dirk wasn't playing would you consider Over 204. By the way seriously with me thinking everyone playing I made the total 204. While were on the subject of Hoops I think GS although playing very well of late is in a bad spot tonight as a road favorite. I'm in the minority on this one. There 3-1 without Horford but really haven't beaten anyone. I still played the home dog going against a team in a bad scheduling spot and coming off beating the World Champs
    edited January 2014
    OT: I'm on Atlanta also and so is Kane. Hopefully it ends well for all of us.
    I play all Buffett plays. I had it lined at 208 with dirk and with out him I have 206. I got 203.5 when Buffett released
    Pace will be fast and hopefully the shots go in.
    edited January 2014
    Obviously I was wrong on the direction the line and of course I usually follow BG blind but this one now has passed me by so Good Luck bring home the cash I'll make it up on Ohio St. lol
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Now he's playing and in the SL, let's see where the line goes
    edited January 2014
    kane wrote: »
    Now he's playing and in the SL, let's see where the line goes
    NBA back to their old tricks again. If it gets to 2 I'm buying back half
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    NBA back to their old tricks again. If it gets to 2 I'm buying back half

Yeah this shit happens all the time in the Association. I'm seeing a lot of two's out there right now.
    edited January 2014
    Yep thanks..I bought back half
    edited January 2014
    That's why last year we had that discussion about injuries in the NBA and I don't pay to much attention to them other then making a bet on the first game a star is out . It's hard to keep up with the NBA and there Day to Day Bull-Shit.

Good talking to you guys family gone Holidays over hit my target date of Jan 2 a good bowl season it doesn't get any better. kane,wraps all the guys hope everyone's holidays went well.
    edited January 2014
    Congrats, Cigar Game!!